I agree with Joe Scarborough

If anything, the Church of the Holy Pedophiles should still be asking for forgiveness,

not special favors.

They have asked for forgiveness, and are not asking for special favors,

Asking for a special exemption from a certain part of a law that will be your special privilege based on your special status

is by definition a 'special favor'.

The church is not asking for a special exception to a law, they are telling the US government that they will not obey a regulation that interferes with their right to exercise their religion.

See the difference?

Of course you don't.

Those offended hospitals can follow in these footsteps:

The parent company of Mercy Gilbert Medical Center and Chandler Regional Medical Center has a new name and new governing structure, both reflecting changes to its relationship with the Catholic church.
Dignity Health is the new name for Catholic Healthcare West, which operates more than 25 Catholic hospitals - including Mercy Gilbert and Phoenix's St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center - and 15 non-Catholic hospitals; Chandler Regional is among the company's non-Catholic facilities

Owner of Gilbert, Chandler hospitals breaks away from Catholic church - East Valley Tribune: East Valley Local News

Another self appointed genius completely missing the point.

The point is, I don't care about supporters of a organization that gives aid and comfort to child molesters ie the catholic church.

You are right and if you hit my car and I find out you are uninsured I should be within my rights to take repayment out of your hide.

That's not in the Constitution... nor is it relevant to the topic. But thanks for proving what a real hard ass you are. We are all most impressed.

No really. We are.

We are not laughing at you.

:lol:

You're white. What you think is about as relevant as the thoughts of a wet dog.

I know... I'm an evil white woman. My bad!

We really do. I'm so damned proud of the work my Church does... it's my honor to cut them a check every month.

No other organization does more for Americans than we do. We totally rock! :lol:

I actually prefer to give my money, and time, to another church, the Salvation Army. That does not mean I do not understand your church's efforts to help people and the work it does, I just prefer working with them.
I am not a member of the Catholic Faith, but I see the peril posed BY Obama, and know *I* am next. I stand with them in defiance.

Not that it really needs saying, but I am right there with you.

Those offended hospitals can follow in these footsteps:

The parent company of Mercy Gilbert Medical Center and Chandler Regional Medical Center has a new name and new governing structure, both reflecting changes to its relationship with the Catholic church.
Dignity Health is the new name for Catholic Healthcare West, which operates more than 25 Catholic hospitals - including Mercy Gilbert and Phoenix's St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center - and 15 non-Catholic hospitals; Chandler Regional is among the company's non-Catholic facilities

Owner of Gilbert, Chandler hospitals breaks away from Catholic church - East Valley Tribune: East Valley Local News

Another self appointed genius completely missing the point.

The point is, I don't care about supporters of a organization that gives aid and comfort to child molesters ie the catholic church.

Ruh oh! Somebody needs a waaaaabulance!

I'll call whine-one-one... and I'll specify that they not take you to an evil Catholic Hospital. :lol:

Asking for a special exemption from a certain part of a law that will be your special privilege based on your special status

The church is not asking for a special exception to a law, they are telling the US government that they will not obey a regulation that interferes with their right to exercise their religion.

See the difference?

Of course you don't.

They will obey or close schools and hospitals.

Have I missed something? When did they pass the amendment guaranteeing freedom of banking?

The idiot California Girl claims that non-profit businesses don't have to comply with business/labor law because they're not actually businesses. I know, it's retarded, but take it up with her.

Actually, the idiot Supreme Court of the United States declares that, unanimously. That includes two justices appointed by Obama.

Hosanna-Tabor Evangelical Lutheran Church and School v. EEOC : SCOTUSblog

That case is not relevant because the Church itself is already exempted from this healthcare requirement.
Once again someone unintentionally reinforces my point.

:lol::lol:

The idiot California Girl claims that non-profit businesses don't have to comply with business/labor law because they're not actually businesses. I know, it's retarded, but take it up with her.

I was NOT agreeing with you, you fool. Religion is protected from government interference, not banks. Please try to keep up.

Catholic, Muslim or Hindu, when you become a banker (or run a school, or a hospital), you ARE subject to government 'interfence'.

You unintentionally proved my point.

Sorry, no, I didn't. The hospitals are owned and operated by the Catholic Church. The US Constitution is very clear Government must make no law prohibiting the free exercise of religion.

See the difference?

Of course you don't.

In a battle between Obama and the Catholic Church, I'm going to put my money on the Church.

See the difference?

Of course you don't.

That doesn't hold up. You realize all the counter arguments that leads you into, right? For example, if a religion claims, as a doctrine of faith, their right kill their wayward children - would it be a violation of their religious freedom to hold them to their state's murder laws?

There's no reason religions should get a pass from these intrusive laws. Freedom of religion isn't about religions getting special treatment - it's about keeping government out of the business of endorsing, or condemning, any particular religions. It doesn't mean churches don't have to follow the law.

A very good hospital here is St Marys... top rate catholic hospital. I dont go there becasue i dont want priests or nuns coming and condoling with me. Granted they are doing a nice thing... but i dont want it. I go somewhere else and check dont send anyone on "religion." My choice of where i want to go.

Seaton is another catholic hospital here.... again top rate. They refused to do a sex change surgery. Why would you demand a hospital that does not agree with sex change do one?

Its about choice. You know what you are walking into when you go in.... a religious institution.

Invoking 'choice' in defense of the Catholic Church? You win ironic comment of the month.

You obviously have no idea how virulently syrenn opposes religion in general, and the Catholic Church specifically. If you did you might understand just how stupid you are.

See the difference?

Of course you don't.

No we won't. We'll force your Asshole in Chief to waiver the Church.

I was NOT agreeing with you, you fool. Religion is protected from government interference, not banks. Please try to keep up.

Catholic, Muslim or Hindu, when you become a banker (or run a school, or a hospital), you ARE subject to government 'interfence'.

You unintentionally proved my point.

Sorry, no, I didn't. The hospitals are owned and operated by the Catholic Church. The US Constitution is very clear Government must make no law prohibiting the free exercise of religion.

A business is not religion.

See the difference?

Of course you don't.

There is no right to break the law in any religious freedom protected in the Constitution.

If that were the case, Warren Jeffs would probably be free.

It's very simple. Fire all non-Catholics. Problem solved.

That's not in the Constitution... nor is it relevant to the topic. But thanks for proving what a real hard ass you are. We are all most impressed.

No really. We are.

We are not laughing at you.

You're white. What you think is about as relevant as the thoughts of a wet dog.

I know... I'm an evil white woman. My bad!

I never said you were evil, just white.

You being good or evil is beside the point.

See the difference?

Of course you don't.

In a battle between Obama and the Catholic Church, I'm going to put my money on the Church.

Me too. Smart money will go on the Church to win in a knockout.:lol:

It's very simple. Fire all non-Catholics. Problem solved.

It isn't that simple. We don't discriminate so our hospitals treat any individual, regardless of race, color, creed or sexual orientation. Our schools include non-Catholics, our charities employ and provide services for non-Catholics.

See the difference?

Of course you don't.

That doesn't hold up. You realize all the counter arguments that leads you into, right? For example, if a religion claims, as a doctrine of faith, their right kill their wayward children - would it be a violation of their religious freedom to hold them to their state's murder laws?

Or more feasibly, to claim the right to marry underage girls.

lol, or the Muslim woman who didn't want to take off her burkha/veil whichever for her driver's license photo.

Forum List

Back