I agree with Joe Scarborough

We really do. I'm so damned proud of the work my Church does... it's my honor to cut them a check every month.

No other organization does more for Americans than we do. We totally rock! :lol:

I actually prefer to give my money, and time, to another church, the Salvation Army. That does not mean I do not understand your church's efforts to help people and the work it does, I just prefer working with them.
I am not a member of the Catholic Faith, but I see the peril posed BY Obama, and know *I* am next. I stand with them in defiance.

I don't. If churches are upset about this, they should stand with the rest of us in resisting these kinds of requirements in general. The state has no business telling us why kind of insurance to have.

We really do. I'm so damned proud of the work my Church does... it's my honor to cut them a check every month.

No other organization does more for Americans than we do. We totally rock! :lol:

I actually prefer to give my money, and time, to another church, the Salvation Army. That does not mean I do not understand your church's efforts to help people and the work it does, I just prefer working with them.
I am not a member of the Catholic Faith, but I see the peril posed BY Obama, and know *I* am next. I stand with them in defiance.

And you will be steamrolled just like them.

So? Are non-profit hospitals exempt from regulations regarding medical practices, licensing, etc., just because they're non-profit? Is a credit union exempt from regulations regarding sound banking practices just because it's non-profit?

Have I missed something? When did they pass the amendment guaranteeing freedom of banking?

The idiot California Girl claims that non-profit businesses don't have to comply with business/labor law because they're not actually businesses. I know, it's retarded, but take it up with her.

Actually, the idiot Supreme Court of the United States declares that, unanimously. That includes two justices appointed by Obama.

Hosanna-Tabor Evangelical Lutheran Church and School v. EEOC : SCOTUSblog

And we thank you for it.

There's no reason religions should get a pass from these intrusive laws. Freedom of religion isn't about religions getting special treatment - it's about keeping government out of the business of endorsing, or condemning, any particular religions. It doesn't mean churches don't have to follow the law.

A very good hospital here is St Marys... top rate catholic hospital. I dont go there becasue i dont want priests or nuns coming and condoling with me. Granted they are doing a nice thing... but i dont want it. I go somewhere else and check dont send anyone on "religion." My choice of where i want to go.

Seaton is another catholic hospital here.... again top rate. They refused to do a sex change surgery. Why would you demand a hospital that does not agree with sex change do one?

Its about choice. You know what you are walking into when you go in.... a religious institution.

Invoking 'choice' in defense of the Catholic Church? You win ironic comment of the month.

And you will be steamrolled just like them.
Finally? Some honesty here...Obama? Is that you?

*Idiot*

I don't. If churches are upset about this, they should stand with the rest of us in resisting these kinds of requirements in general. The state has no business telling us why kind of insurance to have.

You are right and if you hit my car and I find out you are uninsured I should be within my rights to take repayment out of your hide.

I think if a person believes abortion is okay, they should not work for a Catholic hospital. If they want insurance which covers abortion, they should go to work somewhere else. I do not believe the government should force their employer to pay for their abortion. If that person goes to work for a Catholic employer anyway and then gets an abortion, their employer should have the right to fire them.

I think if a person believes the "morning after pill" is immoral, they should not work for a pharmacy that dispenses such a pill. I do not believe the government should force the pharmacy to hire such a person. If that person decides to work at such a pharmacy, they should dispense the morning after pill to any eligible customer or be fired for refusing.

I think if a person believes alcohol is offensive to Allah, they should not work for a taxi company which provides transportation to bars. I do not believe the government should force the taxi company to hire such a person. If that person decides to work for a taxi company and refuses to drive someone to a bar, they should be fired for refusing.

That is separation of church and state, and it cuts both ways.

Last edited:

You are right and if you hit my car and I find out you are uninsured I should be within my rights to take repayment out of your hide.

That's not in the Constitution... nor is it relevant to the topic. But thanks for proving what a real hard ass you are. We are all most impressed.

No really. We are.

We are not laughing at you.

:lol:

No one's come close to refuting anything I've said.

Besides, this does not require the Church to buy contraception for employees. It only makes contraception available as part of an employee's compensation for work.

Why does the Church pay its employees MONEY, when they can use that MONEY to buy contraceptives, or pay for an abortion for that matter?

What is the difference?

I find it difficult to refute insanity, I find myself forced to simply point at it and say "That's insane."

No one has refuted the basic principle that if you run a business in this country, you do not get to pick and choose which laws you will or will not comply with according to what religious beliefs you happen to have.

It has been refuted at least twice in this thread.

You are right ...

Thanks for the acknowledgment.

... and if you hit my car and I find out you are uninsured I should be within my rights to take repayment out of your hide.

Only if I don't cover your damages.

I think if a person believes abortion is okay, they should not work for a Catholic hospital. If they want insurance which covers abortion, they should go to work somewhere else. I do not believe the government should force their employer to pay for their abortion. If that person goes to work for a Catholic employer anyway and then gets an abortion, their employer should have the right to fire them.

I think if a person believes the "morning after pill" is immoral, they should not work for a pharmacy that dispenses such a pill. I do not believe the government should force the pharmacy to hire such a person. If that person decides to work at such a pharmacy, they should dispense the morning after pill to any eligible customer or be fired for refusing.

I think if a person believes alcohol is offensive to Allah, they should not work for a taxi company which provides transportation to bars. I do not believe the government should force the taxi company to hire such a person. If that person decides to work for a taxi company and refuses to drive someone to a bar, they should be fired for refusing.

I don't give a shit. It's our First Amendment Right... no 'thought' is required.

Anyone remember the conservative attitude towards the Muslim flight attendant who wanted to wear her head scarf in violaton of company rules - because of her RELIGION?

Or the Muslim cab drivers who refused to transport alcohol, because of their RELIGION?

Oh my oh my did the rightwingers have such different opinions then...

...I wonder why?????

This is why we laugh at you people.

Those offended hospitals can follow in these footsteps:

The parent company of Mercy Gilbert Medical Center and Chandler Regional Medical Center has a new name and new governing structure, both reflecting changes to its relationship with the Catholic church.
Dignity Health is the new name for Catholic Healthcare West, which operates more than 25 Catholic hospitals - including Mercy Gilbert and Phoenix's St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center - and 15 non-Catholic hospitals; Chandler Regional is among the company's non-Catholic facilities

Owner of Gilbert, Chandler hospitals breaks away from Catholic church - East Valley Tribune: East Valley Local News

Another self appointed genius completely missing the point.

If they spent their paycheck on an abortion, then their employer DID pay for it. How do you propose to prevent that?

That's not in the Constitution... nor is it relevant to the topic. But thanks for proving what a real hard ass you are. We are all most impressed.

No really. We are.

We are not laughing at you.

:lol:

You're white. What you think is about as relevant as the thoughts of a wet dog.

I find it difficult to refute insanity, I find myself forced to simply point at it and say "That's insane."

No one has refuted the basic principle that if you run a business in this country, you do not get to pick and choose which laws you will or will not comply with according to what religious beliefs you happen to have.

It has been refuted at least twice in this thread.

Where? How?

I don't buy it. It's a gross mis-interpretation of freedom of religion to assert that religions don't have to follow laws they don't believe in.

I don't give a shit. It's our First Amendment Right... no 'thought' is required.

There is not enough thought coming from the Right these days. If you cannot articulate the reasoning behind your argument, you will lose, and badly.

How do you think we ended up with ObamaCare to begin with? The GOP invented "death panels" and all kinds of other stupid bogeymen instead of attacking the bill's actual faults, because that took too much effort. I never did meet anyone besides myself who had actually read it.

That's why the GOP gets trounced: "No thought is required". How's that working out for you?

Forum List

Back