I Actually Felt Sorry For Trump Yesterday...

No, it's someone at the NYT lying gain, or a butthurt liberal. I don't really care either way, my only question is why so many fools believe everything the media tells them?

They believe it because they want to believe it. The haters will believe anything negative they read about Trump. It's what they do.
If it looks like a bear eats and shits and growls like a bear ,,it's a gd bear Trump shows you every day he's loony

No, it's someone at the NYT lying gain, or a butthurt liberal. I don't really care either way, my only question is why so many fools believe everything the media tells them?
Because it's NEWS. Google that word sometime.

How about YOU start deciding what "news" is, instead of having folks that don't have your best interest in mind make "news" for you?

http://www.pennsylvaniacrier.com/filemgmt_data/files/Ruling Class Journalists.pdf
I'm doing just fine, thanks.

dan coats might be someone to consider... but whoever it is needs to out themselves.
Why? Then that person would be instantaneously fired. No more protecting the world when you're fired.

he or she has said there are more. they have a duty to go to congress as a whole entity or to the media with friendlies in congress & get the ball rolling. i don't think we can necessarily wait for midterms.
They don't have any intention of ending Trump's presidency. His base loves him and he keeps politics front and center in the daily banter everyday. People who never knew a thing about politics now know some, whether they want to or not. The "resistance" is a bunch of self serving Republicans justifying their scummy jobs. If they cared, they would have done something long ago.
The bureaucracy, the Deep State, the shadow government, The army of civil servants, what ever name you want to give it?

Those whose job it was to once to take orders from the voters, who now feel they are in a better position to make policy?

They have no partisan affiliation, other than the desire to control and gain more power. Power to control not only the destiny of the nation, but to grant favors to them and theirs.
There jobs were never to take orders from the voters; they were not elected. They have no partisan affiliation and there is no reason to doubt their intentions. The person writing that Op Ed was specific that he was talking about people in the WH administration, people appointed by and serving the President, not career civil servants.

These folks, including those in intelligence agencies, have accumulated a lot of knowledge and experience over the years. Would you expect all of them to be fired every four or eight years to ensure none of them have an "attitude" about the prior administration?

I agree that anonymous OP ED showed a person who does not want the apple cart upset. But the writer did not mention any reasonable decisions of the President's that were interfered with, at least not any that I recall. The more I think about that Op Ed, the more I can "read into it," but I fear that is what all of us are doing.

Because it's NEWS. Google that word sometime.

How about YOU start deciding what "news" is, instead of having folks that don't have your best interest in mind make "news" for you?

http://www.pennsylvaniacrier.com/filemgmt_data/files/Ruling Class Journalists.pdf
I'm doing just fine, thanks.

Apparently not.

You said to Google it, and I doubt you have done that yourself. I posted proof, and hear is the unvarnished crib notes.

"News making
News making is the act of making the news or doing something that is considered to be newsworthy. When discussing the act of news making, scholars refer to specific models. Five of these models are the Professional Model, Mirror Model, Organizational Model, Political Model, and Civic Journalism Model.[305]

The Professional Model is when skilled peoples put certain events together for a specific audience. The reaction of the audience is influential because it can determine the impact that the particular article or newspaper has on the readers.[306] The Mirror Model states that news should reflect reality. This model aims to focus on particular events and provide accuracy in reporting. The Organizational Model is also known as the Bargaining Model.[305] It focuses on influencing various news organizations by applying pressures to governmental processes. The Political Model outlines that news represents the ideological biases of the people as well as the various pressures of the political environment. This model mainly influences journalists and attempts to promote public opinion.[306] The Civic Journalism Model is when the press discovers the concerns of the people and uses that to write stories. This allows the audience to play an active role in society.

Models of news making help define what the news is and how it influences readers. But it does not necessarily account for the content of print news and online media. Stories are selected if they have a strong impact, incorporate violence and scandal, are familiar and local, and if they are timely.

News Stories with a strong impact can be easily understood by a reader. Violence and scandal create an entertaining and attention-grabbing story.[305] Familiarity makes a story more relatable because the reader knows who is being talked about. Proximity can influence a reader more. A story that is timely will receive more coverage because it is a current event. The process of selecting stories coupled with the models of news making are how the media is effective and impactful in society."
News - Wikipedia

dan coats might be someone to consider... but whoever it is needs to out themselves.
Why? Then that person would be instantaneously fired. No more protecting the world when you're fired.

he or she has said there are more. they have a duty to go to congress as a whole entity or to the media with friendlies in congress & get the ball rolling. i don't think we can necessarily wait for midterms.
They don't have any intention of ending Trump's presidency. His base loves him and he keeps politics front and center in the daily banter everyday. People who never knew a thing about politics now know some, whether they want to or not. The "resistance" is a bunch of self serving Republicans justifying their scummy jobs. If they cared, they would have done something long ago.
The bureaucracy, the Deep State, the shadow government, The army of civil servants, what ever name you want to give it?

Those whose job it was to once to take orders from the voters, who now feel they are in a better position to make policy?

They have no partisan affiliation, other than the desire to control and gain more power. Power to control not only the destiny of the nation, but to grant favors to them and theirs.
There jobs were never to take orders from the voters; they were not elected. They have no partisan affiliation and there is no reason to doubt their intentions. The person writing that Op Ed was specific that he was talking about people in the WH administration, people appointed by and serving the President, not career civil servants.

These folks, including those in intelligence agencies, have accumulated a lot of knowledge and experience over the years. Would you expect all of them to be fired every four or eight years to ensure none of them have an "attitude" about the prior administration?

I agree that anonymous OP ED showed a person who does not want the apple cart upset. But the writer did not mention any reasonable decisions of the President's that were interfered with, at least not any that I recall. The more I think about that Op Ed, the more I can "read into it," but I fear that is what all of us are doing.

There are two types of folks in the administration.

The first have to be approved by the Congress.

These are career bureaucrats.

For these, I suggest you read into a discussion of revolving door politics and iron triangles. (IOW, if they weren't a former lobbyist, Congress critter or government employee, in the swamp, they didn't get approval.) Do you know about the gargantuan private intelligence sector with companies like Booz Allen Hamilton? Nothing from outside of this world gets in.
The revolving door: why politicians become lobbyists, and lobbyists become politicians
The Bureaucracy: The Real Government [ushistory.org]

If you think these folks are just interested in the health of the nation, and have no ulterior motives, IMHO I believe you are being naive.

If the administration had truly wanted to appoint who it wanted to, it probably would not have gotten the approval of Congress for key positions, or it would have been lambasted by the press.

I suspect, the approval of Betsy Devos was a compromise, for she had connections to the Romney family, and she truly was an outsider. So too, we could look at Ben Carson. These are the only people from outside D.C. other than Trump himself that Congress let by. I'm willing to bet THEY didn't write the OP-ed in the NYT. What do you want to bet? But these two Cabinet positions are relatively minor spots, and have little affect on the grand scale. The cabinet secretaries then are in charge of agency mission, and the subsequent hiring.

All the other Cabinet appointments? I'm pretty sure they were never what the Trump family wanted. They have been impediments to his vision, and now traitors to his plan.

And then there is the second type of administrative employee.

Civil service protections tend to keep government workers at their jobs, there isn't a such thing as "at will" employment. Workers are hold overs from previous administrations.

Naturally we don't expect them to all be fired every four to eight years. But we also expect them to follow orders and do what each administration tells them to do, not "resist." Were you not aware that the entire bureaucracy was in open revolt when he came to office?
1-OpBJRPPT9ET9BuSx-DiSlQ.png

At the same time, is it really that much to ask that the President have his choice of nominee for his own cabinet? Remember how long it took Congress to vet and agree to any of Trump's nominees? The way the establishment works these days, there is an unwritten rule, a code, that it really doesn't matter the party, if the nominee did not have the pull with the right people, they were not getting approved.

If you don't doubt their intentions, you don't know how Washington D.C. works. You don't get the job unless you are corrupt. It is either their brand of corrupt, or Trump's brand of sleaze. At this point, I am not going to say which is better, or which is worse, but I WILL say which the nation voted for. If the will of the people is not done, then YES, the Deep State is in control, and the people are not. The only thing left is for the CFR to coordinate the message of the corporate media and silicon valley to make the people believe that their opinions are the same as that of the Deep State, so they FEEL in control. What ever the corporate media constantly message, THAT is eventually what the people feel, and what they believe.

And the congress NEVER respected what the people voted for, from day one, and thus, the problem we have now.

Forum List

Back