Hurricane season upcoming

Likkmee

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2015
Second World
https://www.accuweather.com/en/hurricane/accuweathers-2020-atlantic-hurricane-season-forecast/705233

HMMMM ? Hurricane Corona ?

No problem here
HurricaneTracks.jpg

My wife and I figure this will the year of the big hurricane where we live. We live in Central Florida. The storm will come up the mouth of Tampa Bay right along the I-4 corridor. The eye going right over our house.

My wife and I figure this will the year of the big hurricane where we live. We live in Central Florida. The storm will come up the mouth of Tampa Bay right along the I-4 corridor. The eye going right over our house.

A friend of mine in Melbourne has been quite busy with hammer and nails since Matthew made his near-miss a couple years ago ...

Alas ... this year's 3rd Altantic Tropical Storm will be named Cristobal ... in the NE Pacific she'll be named Cristina ... the off-spring tornadoes will hit Chickasha, Choctaw, Clinton and Coweta, Oklahoma ...

An odd statistic from NOAA ... storms with feminine names do more financial damage than ones with masculine names ... the spitball speculation is folks take manly named storm more seriously ... 'cause who's afraid of Hurricane Fluffy Bunny? ...

A friend of mine in Melbourne has been quite busy with hammer and nails since Matthew made his near-miss a couple years ago ...

Alas ... this year's 3rd Altantic Tropical Storm will be named Cristobal ... in the NE Pacific she'll be named Cristina ... the off-spring tornadoes will hit Chickasha, Choctaw, Clinton and Coweta, Oklahoma ...

An odd statistic from NOAA ... storms with feminine names do more financial damage than ones with masculine names ... the spitball speculation is folks take manly named storm more seriously ... 'cause who's afraid of Hurricane Fluffy Bunny? ...
Hammers and nails are epic fails. Use a Tap-con or Simpson and drill some 1/8" x 2" flat bar about 8-10" apart to go on the sides of the plywood whatever cover (5/8 is best). Cleat the floor for double doors or sliders.Wind gets under the piece and you have those shitty sliders, you'll be wearing them. Wind under the windows covers are pretty much a non issue as long as the sides are strapped.Windows are actually tough( the frame and mounting---not the glass, obviously) The wind gets behind and they're only nailed or screwed without straps and that board will leave town with the screws still in the frame or block. Gotta have straps. Once the board leaves, a beer bottle cap at 120 mph will take a window out like a .38 bullet.

Show this to your buddy
1992andrew6.gif

Andrew_Palm-b01w.jpg

Hammers and nails are epic fails. Use a Tap-con or Simpson and drill some 1/8" x 2" flat bar about 8-10" apart to go on the sides of the plywood whatever cover (5/8 is best). Cleat the floor for double doors or sliders.Wind gets under the piece and you have those shitty sliders, you'll be wearing them. Wind under the windows covers are pretty much a non issue as long as the sides are strapped.Windows are actually tough( the frame and mounting---not the glass, obviously) The wind gets behind and they're only nailed or screwed without straps and that board will leave town with the screws still in the frame or block. Gotta have straps. Once the board leaves, a beer bottle cap at 120 mph will take a window out like a .38 bullet.

Show this to your buddy
1992andrew6.gif

Andrew_Palm-b01w.jpg

I lived in Florida my whole life and this big hurricane coming this summer will not be my first rodeo.

No camel toe, no care.
Okay, here comes your camel toe. Be warned, this should not be shown to children under 12...

Vorderfu%c3%9f_eines_Trampeltiers.JPG

You are confused about camel toes.
Are you telling me the ends of a camels foot isnt toes?

Ask your father about camel toes. He will explain it to you.

No camel toe, no care.
Okay, here comes your camel toe. Be warned, this should not be shown to children under 12...

Vorderfu%c3%9f_eines_Trampeltiers.JPG

You are confused about camel toes.
Are you telling me the ends of a camels foot isnt toes?
I damn sure aint likkin it to see if she gigglez !

My understanding is this house was built before Hurricane Andrew ... before the new rigid building codes in Florida ... so this is literal all the nails that normally hold outside building parts in place, over the top of the staples ... I gave him the standard 6" spacing on the edges and 12" in the field for 8d commons ... that should stop the shear ...

We're assuming the roof framing isn't nailed down to the walls, just more staples ... and no hurricane strapping ... gable roof style ... the kind of house that produces the 2x4's that are driven through trees ... if you know what I mean ...

Forum List

Back