Hundreds smoke pot at White House protest - no arrests

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Arrests, punishment, and laws in general in this Democrat administration, are reserved for people who disagree with liberals.

Can you imagine the reaction - both in the media, and from local police - if hundreds of protesters showed up in front of the White House carrying loaded guns?

The two would be similar in that the Fed govt has no authority to regulate either guns or pot. Not that that stops the govt from trying to regulate them anyway.

They would be different from each other, in that guns are explicitly protected by the highest law of the land, while marijuana isn't.

-----------------------------------------

Hundreds Inhale Pot at Surreal White House Protest

by Steven Nelson
April 2, 2016, at 7:32 p.m.

When the smoke cleared, nobody was arrested for participating in a large and blatantly illegal marijuana smoke-in outside the White House.

Attendees of the Saturday event, billed as “Reschedule 420” by the D.C. Cannabis Campaign, urged President Barack Obama to take action in his remaining months in office to reschedule marijuana -- to allow greater research into its medicinal value -- and to pardon jailed pot offenders.

Though many were willing to get arrested, it appeared that just two people, seemingly chosen at random from a smoke-filled crowd, were detained by police. One of them, Lauren Dove, who recently moved to the nation’s capital from Colorado, said both received $25 public consumption tickets.

Dove says the police, who were from the local Metropolitan Police Department, not the also on-site U.S. Secret Service or U.S. Park Police, emptied her ceramic bowl of marijuana, which she says they took as evidence. But they allowed her to keep the bowl.

A light-handed approach to protesters is characteristic of police in the nation’s capital, but Saturday’s restraint surprised attendees well-aware that nearly one million Americans are arrested every year for marijuana.

Residents of the nation’s capital voted overwhelming in 2014 to legalize personal possession of marijuana under local law, but public consumption remains an arrestable offense. And federal law enforcement officers can arrest people anywhere in the city on federal charges.

Though he was the target of the protest, President Obama -- an admitted past marijuana user and a reported member of a pot-smoking “Choom Gang” in his youth -- did not appear as protesters lit up.

Last edited:
Arrests, punishment, and laws in general in this Democrat administration, are reserved for people who disagree with liberals.

Can you imagine the reaction - both in the media, and from local police - if hundreds of protesters showed up in front of the White House carrying loaded guns?

The two would be similar in that the Fed govt has no authority to regulate either guns or pot. Not that that stops the govt from trying to regulate them anyway.

They would be different from each other, in that guns are explicitly protected by the highest law of the land, while marijuana isn't.

by Steven Nelson

When the smoke cleared, nobody was arrested for participating in a large and blatantly illegal marijuana smoke-in outside the White House.

Attendees of the Saturday event, billed as “Reschedule 420” by the D.C. Cannabis Campaign, urged President Barack Obama to take action in his remaining months in office to reschedule marijuana -- to allow greater research into its medicinal value -- and to pardon jailed pot offenders.

Though many were willing to get arrested, it appeared that just two people, seemingly chosen at random from a smoke-filled crowd, were detained by police. One of them, Lauren Dove, who recently moved to the nation’s capital from Colorado, said both received $25 public consumption tickets.

Dove says the police, who were from the local Metropolitan Police Department, not the also on-site U.S. Secret Service or U.S. Park Police, emptied her ceramic bowl of marijuana, which she says they took as evidence. But they allowed her to keep the bowl.

A light-handed approach to protesters is characteristic of police in the nation’s capital, but Saturday’s restraint surprised attendees well-aware that nearly one million Americans are arrested every year for marijuana.

Residents of the nation’s capital voted overwhelming in 2014 to legalize personal possession of marijuana under local law, but public consumption remains an arrestable offense. And federal law enforcement officers can arrest people anywhere in the city on federal charges.

Though he was the target of the protest, President Obama -- an admitted past marijuana user and a reported member of a pot-smoking “Choom Gang” in his youth -- did not appear as protesters lit up.

When was the last time you say anybody anywhere arrested for smoking grass?

I'm going with .... 1972?

by Steven Nelson

Are you fucking mentally challenged? Of course they aren't going to let a bunch of gun toting people near the white house, that's a national security threat. Why the hell would security treat a bunch of potheads the same, they are zero threat.

Are you fucking mentally challenged?
I'm not the one breaking the law. Or refusing to enforce it.

Of course they aren't going to let a bunch of gun toting people near the white house,
Of course. As I said, laws (starting with the Constitution) mean very little to leftwingers afraid of ordinary people.

that's a national security threat.
If I were to walk past the White House carrying a gun, that would be zero threat. Because I've never killed anybody (or even shot them), and I never will. Just as you won't. There is ZERO threat. And, the highest law of the land says government can do NOTHING to prevent me (a fully law-abiding person) from walking past the White House with a gun.

But then, liberals are always the first to give up freedom to get a little temporary safety. And they are also willing to take away YOUR freedom to get that (illusory) safety. And the Constitution means nothing to them, in their fear and panic over their (imagined) safety.

Last edited:
Are you fucking mentally challenged?
I'm not the one breaking the law. Or refusing to enforce it.

Of course they aren't going to let a bunch of gun toting people near the white house,
Of course. As I said, laws (starting with the Constitution) mean very little to leftwingers afraid of ordinary people.

that's a national security threat.
If I were to walk past the White House carrying a gun, that would be zero threat. Because I've never killed anybody (or even shot them), and I never will Just as you won't. There is ZERO threat. And, the highest law of the land says government can do NOTHING to prevent me (a fully law-abiding person) from walking past the White House with a gun.

But then, liberals are always the first to give up freedom to get a little temporary safety. And they are also willing to take away YOUR freedom to get that (illusory) safety. And the Constitution means nothing to them, in their fear and panic over their (imagined) safety.
So the govt not letting people carry weapons in or around the White House is liberals giving up freedom? It's national security dip shit. Go walk past the white house open carrying a gun for freedom moron.

The most violent thing that happened was when one of them, apparently a surfer, smacked his tennis shoe against the side of his head and said "that's my skull, I'm so wasted".

I am sure this little feller law abiding "Little Acorn" was all upset at the Cliven Bundy ranch stand off LOL........
Legal marijuana is finally doing what the drug war couldn’t
Legal marijuana may be doing at least one thing that a decades-long drug war couldn't: taking a bite out of Mexican drug cartels' profits.

The latest data from the U.S. Border Patrol shows that last year, marijuana seizures along the southwest border tumbled to their lowest level in at least a decade. Agents snagged roughly 1.5 million pounds of marijuana at the border, down from a peak of nearly 4 million pounds in 2009.

I'm sure it isn't technically legal to do it in public, but possession of less than 2 oz IS legal in D.C. now.
Smoking it isn't. Does that matter to you?

None of the sources i looked at mentioned whether it was or not. :dunno:

In any case, this is some faux rage, right?
It is the usual Fox Faux Outrage....these are folks of "limited understanding" Conservatives ...but I repeat myself...

What happened to that individual liberty and small government you conservatives whine about??? Oh'yesss, lets throw the druggies in prison for smoking a leaf....Hypocrites! Lets make it impossible for them to get a decent job in the future on top of it.

Loserterians and extreme conservatives are idiiots.
So when we are talking about your baby then it's off limits? What conservative wants all laws abandoned? That's anarchy, not conservativism. Did you see the video, the filthy creepy looking losers huffing the dope, you think we need more of that?

the filthy creepy looking losers huffing the dope, you think we need more of that?
201405_2259_ighbg.jpg
Jail drunken red necks ...

by Steven Nelson

Pot smoking? Who the fuck cares?

You and drink beer and alcohol (depressant drug) right around the corner or smoke tobacco (stimulant drug) why the fuck is a mild drug like pot still illegal when the real stepping stone drugs are peddled at bars and liquor stores.

Pot smoking? Who the fuck cares?

You and drink beer and alcohol (depressant drug) right around the corner or smoke tobacco (stimulant drug) why the fuck is a mild drug like pot still illegal when the real stepping stone drugs are peddled at bars and liquor stores.
You are clueless about modern day pot. Even back in the day there was some potent stuff around, hardly mild. Most people drink, most don't get into drugs.

You've failed again.

Forum List

Back