Hundreds of mail-in ballot applications are being rejected under Texas’ new voting rules

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Good, no valid ID, no vote for you.

Election officials in some of the state’s largest counties are rejecting an alarming number of mail-in applications because they don’t meet the state’s new identification requirements.

Hundreds of mail-in ballot applications are being rejected under Texas’ new voting rules

208 is not hundreds. And I agree, that is the reason then they should be rejected with a letter of rejection explaining why. But what it doesn't say is the total number. Is that in the hundreds, in the thousands or the hundreds of thousands. Doesn't sound like there is a problem here. Please get your victim card validated and put it back in your wallet.

Let the squealing begin. My guess is there'll be an intentional flood of such applications so the media can twist the reporting to say the apps were rejected but not actually explain WHY or what simple steps could be taken to correct the problem. Feck 'Em...

208 is not hundreds.
It is, actually.
And I agree, that is the reason then they should be rejected with a letter of rejection explaining why. But what it doesn't say is the total number. Is that in the hundreds, in the thousands or the hundreds of thousands. Doesn't sound like there is a problem here. Please get your victim card validated and put it back in your wallet.

Good to see people already registering to vote. Hopefully they will get the proper credentials and re-register.

It is, actually.

Good to see people already registering to vote. Hopefully they will get the proper credentials and re-register.

What it requires is a drivers license, state or federal ID number. And they don't have to send it in. Only put the number on the ballot request, not a photcopy of the actual ID. I can see a case of fraud using this method if I were paranoid.

208 is not hundreds. And I agree, that is the reason then they should be rejected with a letter of rejection explaining why. But what it doesn't say is the total number. Is that in the hundreds, in the thousands or the hundreds of thousands. Doesn't sound like there is a problem here. Please get your victim card validated and put it back in your wallet.
Reading is fundamental.....Add up the two population centers mentioned in the article and it's over 500 ballots rejected due to the applicant not following procedure.....The last time I checked that was hundreds.....You know, more than 100.....Math much?

I also don't see nary a "victim", I'm just glad they are making them follow the law. A real victim would be a voter in a TX election who had their vote cancelled by some fraudster's vote.

Election officials in some of the state’s largest counties are rejecting an alarming number of mail-in applications because they don’t meet the state’s new identification requirements.

This from your own article; Throughout last year’s protracted debate over the new voting law, state lawmakers were warned about potential issues that could arise from the new ID matching requirements, in part because the state does not have both a driver’s license and Social Security number for all of the roughly 17 million Texans on the voter rolls. Voters are not required to provide both numbers when they register to vote. It's a set up to make it harder to vote. This is on the state of Texas. If they wanted to enact this law, they should have mailed in the requirement, via every voter in Texas. Instead, they put in the law before before the horse. That's cheating and dishonest.

They didn't outline the law to voters before hand. That's dishonest and goes straight to the heart of the matter. They don't want these folks voting.

What it requires is a drivers license, state or federal ID number. And they don't have to send it in. Only put the number on the ballot request, not a photcopy of the actual ID. I can see a case of fraud using this method if I were paranoid.
What is it about simple logical, deductive reasoning people don't get here? Texas jump starts these new laws in the middle of the night, because Trump lost. And how are they presented? By tricking voters with other requirements they weren't used to before. If they were honest, which they are not, they would have sent out letters stating the changes, warning people, instead of catching them off guard.

The state didn't have requirements for S.S and drivers license before, but what if we trick them by requiring it now? Texas is as dishonest as Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and others;

Let the squealing begin. My guess is there'll be an intentional flood of such applications so the media can twist the reporting to say the apps were rejected but not actually explain WHY or what simple steps could be taken to correct the problem. Feck 'Em...
What about a fucking letter by these Texas criminal legislators, warning Texas voters of the changes, instead of tricking them with requirements they weren't used to? That's on the Texas legislature and election officials.

Reading is fundamental.....Add up the two population centers mentioned in the article and it's over 500 ballots rejected due to the applicant not following procedure.....The last time I checked that was hundreds.....You know, more than 100.....Math much?

I also don't see nary a "victim", I'm just glad they are making them follow the law. A real victim would be a voter in a TX election who had their vote cancelled by some fraudster's vote.

When you are talking about over a million then a few hundred are a drop in the bucket and will have zero to do with the outcome.

They didn't outline the law to voters before hand. That's dishonest and goes straight to the heart of the matter. They don't want these folks voting.

I don't see a real problem on this one. Every citizen will have a Social Security Number. And if the last 4 of that number is required to go on the ballot request them it's not a really big thing. If the state or county doesn't find that on the ballot request, common sense says that they must inform the potential voter of this so the voter can correct it. I don't find this out of the ordinary.

Wow, not I am going to go being accused of being a flaming Liberal to a Raving Conservative.

When you are talking about over a million then a few hundred are a drop in the bucket and will have zero to do with the outcome.

As close as some local, state, and even congressional races can be these days doing away with 500+ bogus votes in just two jurisdictions can mean a heck of a lot.....That and as the word gets out it serves to make the dems find other, and hopefully more difficult, ways to cheat. ;)

As close as some local, state, and even congressional races can be these days doing away with 500+ bogus votes in just two jurisdictions can mean a heck of a lot.....That and as the word gets out it serves to make the dems find other, and hopefully more difficult, ways to cheat. ;)

And if the sun goes nova, does that mean that it's just not worth it to put the cake doe in the oven or prepare the roast for supper?

...and with the number of verified fraudster votes numbering in the tens, it's a serious problem....

And if the sun goes nova, does that mean that it's just not worth it to put the cake doe in the oven or prepare the roast for supper?
Given that it would take only take certain death 2 hours 20 minutes to reach us (not that we would make it past the red giant stage anyway) I'd opt for something a bit quicker. ;)

Forum List

Back