HUGE! Trump White House Implements Executive Order on Online Censorship: Prevents Tech Giants from Altering Users’ Free Speech

Then you're very obtuse and should read more carefully. I've always been opposed to civil rights legislation that forces people to do business with others against their will. The government should never have the power to order businesses around in the name of social engineering. That's exactly the same reason I oppose Trumps attempts to force businesses to host his stupidity.

So, revoking special protections for a particular class of favored businesses is wrong then? I mean, without favors, what does Washington have to sell, right?

Stow the scrambling excuses. If the tables were turned, if it were a Democrat president going after Fox News, you'd be howling. And you know it.

Stow the scrambling excuses. If the tables were turned, if it were a Democrat president going after Fox News, you'd be howling. And you know it.

Oh, does exposing your reeking hypocrisy make you uncomfortable? We ARE talking about special privilege granted to well connected businesses, after all.

I get it, you DEMAND government pick the winners and losers. Can't leave shit that important to the market....

Besides, Trump supports removing these special privileges - and doggone it, you hate Trump.

This really is almost exactly like the "bake the cake" shit. Liberals spin up all kinds of rationalizations to defend it. They go on about "public accommodations" and whatever other excuses they find laying around - but the truth of the matter is, they want to use government to beat up on those who don't agree with them. Trumpsters don't care about immunity clauses or any of the other nonsense they're spinning. They're just pissed because some companies are defying their president and they want to use the government to force them to comply. It's the "libertarian" way. :rolleyes:

You see those as mutually exclusive?

Do you think Trump is a libertarian? Really??

Obviously your obsessive hatred overrides all principle with you.

Do you think Bigfoot is a Marxist? Really??

Which doesn't answer the question. You're suggesting that being a libertarian, and recognizing Trump for what he is, are mutually exclusive. Why? Do you see Trump as a standard bearer for libertarian ideology?

Which doesn't answer the question. You're suggesting that being a libertarian, and recognizing Trump for what he is, are mutually exclusive. Why? Do you see Trump as a standard bearer for libertarian ideology?

You're suggesting that bigfoot is a Marxist?

Come back when you can at least pretend to be honest.

Facebook is overbearing in their censorship of Christianity, conservatism and standard traditional values.

Pure delusion. Right-wing stories dominate all the major social media outlets. You're just upset becasue you can't censor every left-wing voice. What, you thought your censorship crusade wasn't obvious?

What's happening? The left doesn't mass-spam and lie. The right does. Therefore, the left has less of a presence. Moral people willingly penalize themselves. We recognize that's how it has to be. We on the left won't stoop to doing what the right does, so we will always have less of an online presence.

Nope....totally inaccurate

Not upset about anything at all. Once again the stack of legal opinions is piling up and steadily building abridge to the virtual world. Your positions are
Juxtaposed. It is the left that practices censorship and cancel culture not the right. You cannot offer a platform service on the one hand and then tell certain groups you will not support their offerings because you don't like them.
Social media is no longer just a private commodity.... it has in fact grown into the status of public utility and will eventually be reclassified as such......
They CAN ban if people violate their ToS, and regardless they ARE private entities. Even publishers like the media are not required to publish everything. They pick and choose.

Can bakers refuse to bake a cake for a homosexual wedding?

They cannot refuse to bake a cake. They are a public accomodation. I don't necessarily believe they have to bake a wedding cake but they have to bake a cake.
You make posts back to back. One saying a business can operate as they please, the other saying they are a public accommodation and have to adhere to certain rules of operation...

They operate in two different business environments. Social media companies do not sell to the public. They are not bound by free speech rules. A bakery that sells directly to the public is different with a different set of rules.
Social media had become defacto public domain much like the phone companies.

Jo

You're suggesting that bigfoot is a Marxist?

Come back when you can at least pretend to be honest.

You forgot to say "TDS" (aka I concede).

They CAN ban if people violate their ToS, and regardless they ARE private entities. Even publishers like the media are not required to publish everything. They pick and choose.

Can bakers refuse to bake a cake for a homosexual wedding?

They cannot refuse to bake a cake. They are a public accomodation. I don't necessarily believe they have to bake a wedding cake but they have to bake a cake.
That law is pure idiocy and unconstitutional. The commerce clause does not give the federal government to run every business in the United States.
Tisk tisk. Pick and choose your laws now, I see patty.

Most laws that Dims have passed in the last 70 years are unconstitutional, moron.
I see that you are still the little screeching, middle aged white redneck on USMB.

You must have something of grave importance about the OP you would like to comment about besides your lousy bathroom reno. Inquiring minds...

HUGE! Trump White House Implements Executive Order on Online Censorship: Prevents Tech Giants from Altering Users’ Free Speech

Your paranoia is not really my problem.
Asking for evidence is hardly paranoia. That's pretty standard for any intelligent being.
Uh, yeah, I gave you the evidence you asked for.
icon_rolleyes.gif

For example .... guessing at someone's password until you get in -- that's hacking. Sending someone phishing email that looks legit but really baits them into entering their password -- that's hacking.

That's what Russians did.

Really?

And you have evidence that such a thing happened? Dmitri Alperovitch tell you that, shit fer brains?

Over in your homeland of Iran, you heavily censor the internet, so Fascistbook is right down your ally...

You know, you never see Iranian hackers - is that because you people are stupid? :dunno:
Yes.

Nice quote Farouk.

Of course the report you linked that you didn't read provides NO evidence of Russia hacking anything. The only interference is with them buying ads on facebook - which everyone including you Iranians do.

Hey, I get it - you're a "baffle em with bullshit" kind of troll.
LOLOL

You poor, demented Fruitcake. The report proves what I said. Your limited single-digit IQ is no match for reality.

Trump went even further than I expected. The SJWs will be livid.

HUGE! Trump White House Implements Executive Order on Online Censorship: Prevents Tech Giants from Altering Users’ Free Speech – Demands Transparency of Moderation Practices
This Is Big!
On Wednesday Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, Amazon’s Jeff Bezos, Google’s Sundar Pichai and Apple’s Tim Cook testified before Congress in the House Judiciary subcommittee on antitrust.
Since 2016 and the election of Donald Trump the tech giants have been censoring and banning conservative voices online. The Gateway Pundit has been a huge target of these liberal tech giants.
Of course, the CEOs dismissed allegations that they are targeting and censoring conservative users despite ALL of the evidence to the contrary.
Ugh you’re such an idiot. If Trump never whines about this, you wouldn’t even give a shut.

More importantly, the fact that you think letting these companies censor content is a violation of the 1st amendment is so fucking stupid. NO ONE IS BEING CHARGED WITH A CRIME INVOLVING FREE SPEECH IDIOT. It’s their goddamn platform. Funny how you support regulations that fit your narrative.
Trump isn't asking them to censor content, moron. He's asking them not to censor it.

They have been protected by the law, so it's not "their goddamn platform."

I sure do enjoy watching you have a royal hissy fit when your game is over.
Yeah idiot. I know. He doesn’t want his completr bullshit censored. It’s so moronic how you think their censorship ON THEIR PLATFORM is a violation of his 1st amendment rights. I can’t get over how fucking stupid that is lol
Trump gets censored for the truth, yet idiots like you cheer as the PROVEN BULLSHIT Russia hoax crap get so to remain up. As well as true hate speech from the Ayatollah and the Democrat Party. When it’s only conservatives getting removed, that’s censorship and illegal. We can’t get over how stupid you are. Lol.
And yet they allow blue check marked members to openly doxx other members And brag about it. Post calls to violence against other members or groups. Posts from college professors posting graphs on how to tear down statues egging on rioters are ignored etc...

Which is exactly why they need to have their platform protections removed.

Trump went even further than I expected.
IOW, Baby Donald got his diaper in a twist over being humiliated when he re-tweeted those batshyte crazy nitwits promoting hydroxychloroquine as a cure for COVID. Not to mention that Jr got his wrist slapped pretty hard since he too re-tweeted the nonsense. So.........President Petulance took it personally. He thinks he and all the other right wing crazies should have the freedom to post lies, misinformed, and recklessly dangerous things for people's health.

The question is, how many from the left brought up the subject of HCQ not working or being dangerous when that isn't the truth either?

HCQ is experimental and has mixed opinions on it's effectiveness from doctors and disease experts. Some have claimed it doesn't work while others are making claim it saved the lives of some of their patients.

You are poorly misinformed. PAY ATTENTION. Yes HCQ are administered in hospitals in a strictly supervised environment. it works sometimes it doesn’t depending on the stage of infections. But it’s NOT the cure to fight Covid-19.
Let me repeat it again OVER and OVER. The difference what your moron he is promoting. Wants you to take it as PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE. That is why he took it. That’s the difference.

Yes. it’s very dangerous especially to people that has a have heart problems like you. Just imagine if you just willy nilly take it. What do you think will happen to you? How many times people suddenly died of heat attack not knowing they have a heart problems? How do you even know that in the near future you will develop a hear problem? Are you going to take that risk just because this ignorant idiot wants you to take it? Since when that is acceptable?

Study after study clinical trials after clinical trials of HCQ it has negative results. FDA, CDC NIH is the rule of law about medications in this country followed by numerous countries around the world as the standard. Not from a lying ignorant president who does not have the credibility or medical experience to force people to take any medications.
So if Trump continues to promote unproven drugs like HCQ as a preventative maintenance against FDA, CDC, NIH. Is that acceptable? If I own FB, Twitter etc etc. I will ban him and slap him in the face for spreading misinformation that is dangerous to Americans.

On top of that he is promoting, praising and adoring a lunatic doctor in Houston that is spewing just garbage misinformation about HCQ. Plus alien DNA, sex with demon can get you cyst or watching movies. That’s the president of US. Just because he likes what he is saying.

Your paranoia is not really my problem.
Asking for evidence is hardly paranoia. That's pretty standard for any intelligent being.
Uh, yeah, I gave you the evidence you asked for.
icon_rolleyes.gif
No... You didn't. You got me a document that does exactly what you do on these forums. Say, but don't show evidence.
That report is full of information about how Russians hacked us. It's really not my problem that it's 12 grades above your reading level.

That report is full of information about how Russians hacked us. It's really not my problem that it's 12 grades above your reading level.
No it didn't. It said that they did. That's all. It's really not my problem that it's 12 grades above your reading level.

Trump went even further than I expected.
IOW, Baby Donald got his diaper in a twist over being humiliated when he re-tweeted those batshyte crazy nitwits promoting hydroxychloroquine as a cure for COVID. Not to mention that Jr got his wrist slapped pretty hard since he too re-tweeted the nonsense. So.........President Petulance took it personally. He thinks he and all the other right wing crazies should have the freedom to post lies, misinformed, and recklessly dangerous things for people's health.

The question is, how many from the left brought up the subject of HCQ not working or being dangerous when that isn't the truth either?

HCQ is experimental and has mixed opinions on it's effectiveness from doctors and disease experts. Some have claimed it doesn't work while others are making claim it saved the lives of some of their patients.
"from the left" ?
Its from the FDA

These rats are censoring conservatives.

It is also an in-kind donation to the Democratic Party. Therefore in violation of campaign finance laws.
Interesting. I've kinda toyed around with that idea. The fact that these online giants are suppressing opposing viewpoints, and considering how big and influential they have become, it could be tantamount to influencing an election. And as you said, an "in kind" donation to the democratic candidate.

Having said that, I struggle with this, because I believe private business should be free to operate, legally, without interference from the government. These big companies should be allowed to operate as they see fit, no? If they want to only allow one viewpoint, should they be denied that? If the other side doesn't like it, then they should create a competing company to allow their viewpoints. As long as those other companies do not throw obstacles in their way that is.

Of course, if those companies are receiving some kind of benefit from the government because they claim to be arbiters of free speech and fair expression of different views, and they are not doing that, then the benefit needs to be removed.
While I agree with you in theory, most of those huge corporations that dominate the top of silicon valley's food chain and monopolize the industry, were made possible by the tax payer, and are in bed with the government and the intelligence agencies.

. . . thus, should they have a monopoly over propaganda and influencing the debate?

This is why I struggle with an answer to this. As we can see, this is what happens when a company gets too close to the government. This is what happens when a company is given benefits by a government.

Here we have these giants who have been built as private companies, but have, in some cases, worked so closely with the government, and may have been given benefits by that government that have helped them grow, and they have become so very influential in everyone's lives.

On one hand, one would say that they should be allowed to run their business as they see fit, on the other hand, they have been allowed to become so powerful that they could, in fact, steer an election. How does one reconcile that? I have a hard time with that, as one who wants maximum freedom and liberty to exceed. It is a contradiction, and a paradox.

I'm not an extremist, but I am a right-leaning Republican. Even I'm not real keen on this.

People can boycott whatever they like. It's been done so many times in the past. When Chick-Fil-A took a religious stance on gay marriage, the left countered by telling it's ilk to boycott the restaurant chain. At the same time, people on the right flooded their restaurants. They had lines out the door and surrounding the building. That's what I'm for.

The US Constitution gives us the right to free speech, but you can't go into your bosses office tomorrow and tell him his wife and kids are the ugliest people you've ever seen. You will get fired. The Constitution does not give you the right of free speech from everybody, it gives you the right to free speech by any government.

I’m not a supporter of any boycott. The issue with Chick Fila was donating $ against LGBTQ. You can go hundreds blocks wirh your buddies supporting Chick fila... That is not the point.... In any circumstance you don’t want any large groups of people boycotting your products. as much as possible solve it fast and avoid it. That is a good business practices.

RESULTS of the boycott.......Chick Fila reverse or changed where the donations are going. November 2019 the Chick-fil-A foundation announced in a statement that it planned to concentrate its giving in the areas of education, homelessness and hunger. That’s the results of the boycott. A success.

Forum List

Back