HR 8 -- Gun Control

Deal with it, most of the men who did the mass shootings shouldn't of never had a gun, and they should have been taken away from them.

Elections have consequences.
So please explain how new gun laws will fix that.
Take away large magazines and one solves the issue. 10 bullets should be good.
Even a unskilled person like you can change a magazine in a matter of seconds. Limiting magazine size is meaningless.
Whenever a shooter with a semi auto has to change magazines he is vulnerable.

No such thing as an “Assault rifle”.

This comes from a Republican.

When I was in the Marine Corps, I carried the military version of the AR-15. The civilian version of the AK-47 is also available.

That was an incredibly stupid remark. Did you vote for Trump? Both times?

Idiots ignore the Second Amendment as if it isn't the law that our right to keep and bear Arms, that is, to possess and carry firearms, quote, "shall not be infringed."

Republicans argue that reasonable laws to control gun ownership is a slippery slope to taking away all guns. It is a ludicrous argument, and they know it. But no one ever said Republicans are bright.

There are state laws that require a person to wear a seat belt while driving. Is that a slippery slope to take away your car?

You are told not to exceed a certain speed limit when driving your car. Is that a slippery slope to take away your car?

If it becomes illegal to walk down a street with an assault rifle or prevent a deranged person from acquiring an AR-15, does that mean the government is going to take away your deer rifle? Only an idiot would believe that to be true.

Like that seat belt law and the speed limit, certain laws are created to prevent injury or death to others as well as ourselves.

Idiots ignore the Second Amendment as if it isn't the law that our right to keep and bear Arms, that is, to possess and carry firearms, quote, "shall not be infringed."

Republicans argue that reasonable laws to control gun ownership is a slippery slope to taking away all guns. It is a ludicrous argument, and they know it. But no one ever said Republicans are bright.

There are state laws that require a person to wear a seat belt while driving. Is that a slippery slope to take away your car?

You are told not to exceed a certain speed limit when driving your car. Is that a slippery slope to take away your car?

If it becomes illegal to walk down a street with an assault rifle or prevent a deranged person from acquiring an AR-15, does that mean the government is going to take away your deer rifle? Only an idiot would believe that to be true.

Like that seat belt law and the speed limit, certain laws are created to prevent injury or death to others as well as ourselves.
Yo, clueless!

Driving is a licensed privilege. No person has an inherent right to drive a vehicle on public roadways. When they are so licensed, they still must obey the rules applicable to whatever public roadway they use.

Bearings arms is a right which is not to be infringed.

Your argument here is bullshit.

Driving is a licensed privilege. No person has an inherent right to drive a vehicle on public roadways. When they are so licensed, they still must obey the rules applicable to whatever public roadway they use.
My vehicle is my property. I pay for the damn road every time I gas up. You aren't falling off the bar stool so flat on your face and you can't find the key to insert in the ignition and start it up?

Which means if I have a gun in my car, the cops better stay out when they don't have a warrant. Are you going get registered as a sex offender because you were driving 21mph in a 20mph school zone according to the cop's radar, and there was a female cop who suggested you might have been trying to pick up a little boy or a girl?

My vehicle is my property. I pay for the damn road every time I gas up. You aren't falling off the bar stool so flat on your face and you can't find the key to insert in the ignition and start it up?

Which means if I have a gun in my car, the cops better stay out when they don't have a warrant. Are you going get registered as a sex offender because you were driving 21mph in a 20mph school zone according to the cop's radar, and there was a female cop who suggested you might have been trying to pick up a little boy or a girl?
:rolleyes:

What a screwball reply that is....one both counts.

If the cops have reasonable cause based on your apparent driving under the influence (of drugs or alcohol), they can search your vehicle without a warrant. If they find a firearm, they can (and likely will) hold it as evidence until such time as you're determined to have been legally having it in your possession.

Buying gasoline does not alter the legal restrictions on your driving privileges. If you're license restrictions include wearing vision correction lenses and you do not have them on you when stopped for any reason by the police, you will not be permitted to drive your vehicle.

If the cops have reasonable cause based on your apparent driving under the influence (of drugs or alcohol), they can search your vehicle without a warrant.
Cops are so full of shit on drugs they're going get shot and killed when they tamper with other peoples automobiles, sabotage brake systems, etc. without a warrant.

the legal restrictions on your driving privileges. If you're license restrictions include wearing vision correction lenses and you do not have them on you when stopped for any reason by the police, you will not be permitted to drive your vehicle.
I can see perfectly well enough to hit the target in the center of your forehead.

Cops are so full of shit on drugs they're going get shot and killed when they tamper with other peoples automobiles, sabotage brake systems, etc. without a warrant.
I can see perfectly well enough to hit the target in the center of your forehead.
My God, little peabrain! Get some professional help! You are one fucked up dude!

My God, little peabrain! Get some professional help! You are one fucked up dude!
Get your own little dick out of other people's butt for once in a lifetime, although I am quite certain it is already too late for you, because that "professional" shit doesn't help your case for promoting and compelling prostitution in a court of law on top of the drugs you're dealing, to boot.

Nonsense

Ignoring the fact that the 2A actually refers to a militia...there are all sorts of "infringements" that have been ruled by courts to be legal.

Nonsense

Ignoring the fact that the 2A actually refers to a militia...there are all sorts of "infringements" that have been ruled by courts to be legal.
Of course today there are restrictions on the types of arms intended to be covered by the 2nd Amendment. Our founders likely had no intent to protect long range artillery pieces, fully automatic firearms, tanks, bazookas and such.
These things were unknown to them. Even though these are denied to the average citizen today, licensed arms dealer can own anything they want. I personally know a dealer that owns a fully functional small tank.

The SCOTUS has ruled on several milestone cases involving gun rights for private citizens.

In McDonald v. Chicago, the Supreme Court struck down (in a 5-4 decision) a citywide handgun ban, ruling that the Second Amendment applies to the states as well as to the federal government.

In the majority ruling in that case, Justice Samuel Alito wrote: “Self-defense is a basic right, recognized by many legal systems from ancient times to the present day, and in Heller, we held that individual self-defense is ‘the central component’ of the Second Amendment right.”

In the Heller decision, the Court suggested a list of “presumptively lawful” regulations, including bans on possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill; bans on carrying arms in schools and government buildings; restrictions on gun sales; bans on the concealed carrying of weapons; and generally bans on weapons “not typically possessed by law-abiding citizens for lawful purposes.”

“Self-defense is a basic right, recognized by many legal systems from ancient times to the present day, and in Heller, we held that individual self-defense is ‘the central component’ of the Second Amendment right.” --Justice Samuel Alito

Last edited:
There's enemy EXECUTIVE ACTION in the works, too.
Dictator-in-Chief Joe Biden and his gun-grabbing minions will really suffer for this, even as armed and unionized cops in every Democrat city work their damnedest to pillage and plunder the disarmed populace of a once-free nation.

Do you have a semi assault weapon?

Semi assault?

Pistol or rifle?

Trip down memory lane:
" On April 16, 2007, 23-year-old Virginia Tech student Seung-Hui Cho shot 32 people to death on the Blacksburg, Virginia, campus before killing himself. The dead included 27 students and five faculty members. Another 17 people were injured. Days after the shooting, the worst school shooting in the nation's history, NBC News received a package from Cho that contained a video of him ranting about rich "brats" and complaining about being bullied. "

and he did it using 2 handguns.

Semi auto is no good. Gone are the days when a militia was called for, we now have the NG.

what does a militia have to do with owning firearms?

BTW, ever heard of the Puckle gun?

The “Puckle” Gun – Institute of Military Technology (instmiltech.com)

" Noted historians have deemed this gun, “The First Machine Gun” – certainly, the first patented machine gun of it’s kind, which was patented by James Puckle on July 25, 1718 in England. "

(note the date)

What is the second amendment of the Constitution?

The Amendment that gives the Right to Keep and Bear arms to the People.

Or didn't you read that far?

In a militia pro the state.
We are the militia. The people are the militia. There's no joining it. We're all in it already.

Our founders likely had no intent to protect artillery pieces, fully automatic firearms, tanks, bazookas and such. Even though these are denied to the average citizen, licensed arms dealer can own anything they want.
That is false.

Our founders themselves, as private citizens, owned cannons, warships, and other word armaments. Thomas Jefferson wanted to implement the Puckle gun (machine gun).

Our founders likely had no intent to protect artillery pieces, fully automatic firearms, tanks, bazookas and such. Even though these are denied to the average citizen, licensed arms dealer can own anything they want.
That is false.

Our founders themselves, as private citizens, owned cannons, warships, and other word armaments. Thomas Jefferson wanted to implement the Puckle gun (machine gun).
Thanks for the lessons. I found that the Puckle gun is not a fully automatic machine gun but a small bore, flint lock, repeating gun that requires several seconds and several manipulations to advance to the next shot. It was also very expensive. Puckle's 9-rounds/cylinder model was capable of 63 shots in 9 minutes during one demonstration he performed. That required the use of 7 preloaded interchangeable cylinders. Very interesting. Still, it wasn't what we refer to today as a machine gun.

The warships were likely also of reach for the average citizen and intended only for use in times of war or as defense against pirate vessels.

The history of the US Naval Forces is also interesting and enlightening:

The Democrat gun-grabbers are at it again. They tried a similar bill years ago and failed. They're trying again now that they have the Executive and Legislative branches under their control.

The stupidity of the bill has not changed.

Impossible, democrats will never come after our guns ! Remember? They wouldn't lie , or would they ?

That is false.

Thanks for the lessons. I found that the Puckle gun is not a fully automatic machine gun but a small bore, flint lock, repeating gun that requires several seconds and several manipulations to advance to the next shot. It was also very expensive. Puckle's 9-rounds/cylinder model was capable of 63 shots in 9 minutes during one demonstration he performed. That required the use of 7 preloaded interchangeable cylinders. Very interesting. Still, it wasn't what we refer to today as a machine gun.

The warships were likely also of reach for the average citizen and intended only for use in times of war or as defense against pirate vessels.

Still, it wasn't what we refer to today as a machine gun.

It was when the 2nd was written.

That is false.

the puckle gun may not have been automatic but it gave the founders a view of what future weapons would become

No such thing as an “Assault rifle”.

This comes from a Republican.

When I was in the Marine Corps, I carried the military version of the AR-15. The civilian version of the AK-47 is also available.

That was an incredibly stupid remark. Did you vote for Trump? Both times?

There really is not much similarity between military M-16 and civilian AR-15 because one is full auto and the other is semi auto only.
Same with versions of AK-47 available.

There is no such thing as an "assault rifle" because in the Revolutionary war, the blunderbuss was used, in the Civil War they used a pair of percussion revolvers, in WWI they use the short barreled shotgun, and in WWII it was the M-1 carbine.
So you can see there is no real description of what an assault weapon is, because almost any weapon can be used as an assault weapon. In general you would describe it as light and easy to shoot. That is about it.

Forum List

Back