How’s That Wind Power Working Out for You?

Fossil fuel kills birds. So, look how good I did, I saved 70 eagles today.
Renewables, wind turbines have increased the use of fossil fuels. Wind turbines have increased the deaths of birds.

Thank you for pointing out that wind turbines kill birds because of the use fossil fuel by the renewable heavy industry.

Both solar and wind, are guilty of killing eagles, hawks, and millions of other. birds

Renewables, wind turbines have increased the use of fossil fuels.
That is absolute nonsense.
Wind turbines have increased the deaths of birds.
Wind turbines kill too many birds, but so do droughts, flooding, increased intensity wind storms, heat waves, loss of habitat. The cost to wildlife of catastrophic global warming will dwarf the losses by blade strikes just as simply window strikes do already. That said, a 70% decrease will help as will other measures being developed.

Thank you for pointing out that wind turbines kill birds because of the use fossil fuel by the renewable heavy industry.
Sorry but that's gobbledygook as far as I can fathom.
Both solar and wind, are guilty of killing eagles, hawks, and millions of other. birds
There will be no more solar thermal installations. PV beat them at cost/kWh a couple years ago. So, solar presents essentially ZERO threat to wildlife, unlike the continued use of fossil fuels.

That is absolute nonsense.
How do you know? You do not know how much was spent, how much more will be spent. Hence it is pretty easy to see you have not considered how all the raw materials are processed.

crick, the renewable heavy industry works 24 hours a day, every day a year, processing raw materials. You really have not thought how much fossil fuel the renewables heavy industry consumes

Wind Turbines and solar panels, now the world's largest heavy industry.

Absolutely uses fossil fuels. Billions of tons.

How do you know?[That Elektra's claim above is absolute nonsense]
Because wind turbines don't burn fossil fuels to make energy. And if it required as much petroleum to manufacture a wind turbine as Elektra also claims, the US would have been beggared assembling the first steam locomotive.
You do not know how much was spent, how much more will be spent.
I don't waste my time finding information that is both meaningless and useless.
Hence it is pretty easy to see you have not considered how all the raw materials are processed.
There is nothing magical about the materials used in wind turbines. And although they are big, there are thousands and thousands of human constructions that are bigger and more massive.
crick, the renewable heavy industry works 24 hours a day, every day a year, processing raw materials. You really have not thought how much fossil fuel the renewables heavy industry consumes
Meaningless. Useless.
Wind Turbines and solar panels, now the world's largest heavy industry.
Good. Replacing the entire planet's energy infrastructure as quickly as we can is going to take some effort. Don't forget the complete retooling that will be needed to turn the world's automobile manufacturers into EV manufacturers.
Absolutely uses fossil fuels. Billions of tons.
Whatever the actual tally - and I'm quite certain you are absurdly overestimating - it will be worth it.

Because wind turbines don't burn fossil fuels to make energy. And if it required as much petroleum to manufacture a wind turbine as Elektra also claims, the US would have been beggared assembling the first steam locomotive.
Petroleum? Who ever mentioned petroleum? When crick, can not substantiate his/her opinion as fact, crick changes the facts.

Fossil Fuels, which does include petroleum, but also includes natural gas and coal.

The USA did not build or assemble the first Steam Locomotive, that would be England.

But it is a nice comparison;

Steam Locomotive weighs 200 tons.
Wind Turbine weighs 1300 tons

How much coal, oil, natural gas, chemicals only derived from fossil fuels does it take simply to process the natural resources to make the finished products.

Renewables is the World's largest Heavy Industry, building the most, and the largest things in the World has ever seen. Nothing is consuming more fossil fuels.

How much does that cost, crick? The answer reflects the amount of Fossil Fuels used. That is why crick and abu afk keep their traps shut when asked.

Petroleum? Who ever mentioned petroleum?
You did.
When crick, can not substantiate his/her opinion as fact, crick changes the facts.
Hmm...
Elektra said: "As I have said, wind turbines increase the use of fossil fuels."​
Fossil Fuels, which does include petroleum, but also includes natural gas and coal.
That's not much of an out
The USA did not build or assemble the first Steam Locomotive, that would be England.
The point was that your claims that massive material resources and energy are required to build a wind turbine are unsupportable twaddle.
But it is a nice comparison;

Steam Locomotive weighs 200 tons.
Wind Turbine weighs 1300 tons
Throw in the train it pulls behind. You'll get there.
How much coal, oil, natural gas, chemicals only derived from fossil fuels does it take simply to process the natural resources to make the finished products.

Renewables is the World's largest Heavy Industry, building the most, and the largest things in the World has ever seen. Nothing is consuming more fossil fuels.

How much does that cost, crick? The answer reflects the amount of Fossil Fuels used. That is why crick and abu afk keep their traps shut when asked.
I've been looking into your claim that "renewables" are the world's leading heavy industry and I'm afraid that's not what I found.
By personnel employed, the world's biggest industry is the manufacture of consumer electronics.
By revenue, the world's biggest industry is the financial sector.
And then I came across an article "The 10 Biggest Industries in the World in 2021". They were: telecommunications, automobile manufacturing, oil & gas E&P, food, information technology, life and health insurance, e-commerce, commercial real estate, construction and financial services. Odd that your "renewables" wouldn't at least get some sort of mention in there.

Renewables, wind turbines have increased the use of fossil fuels. Wind turbines have increased the deaths of birds.

Keep telling yourself that

70% fewer bird deaths.

That proves nothing. An article behind a paid wall you dont quote or paraphrase.

Google searches many times show a person's lack of understanding and common sense.
I think a better indicator of someone's lack of understanding is posting falsehoods. And "common sense" can often be translated to "I don't have a fucking clue but it sounds right to me"

I think a better indicator of someone's lack of understanding is posting falsehoods. And "common sense" can often be translated to "I don't have a fucking clue but it sounds right to me"
yet, you have no answers to the questions or the facts I post, you have to resort to attacking me and not engaging in a technical debate.

Everyone sees your lack of response and understands that you can support Renewables with facts.

yet, you have no answers to the questions or the facts I post, you have to resort to attacking me and not engaging in a technical debate.

Everyone sees your lack of response and understands that you can support Renewables with facts.
Then you've won our debate and can stand down. I'm fine with that. Have an excellent Christmas and a happy new year. Best to enjoy it now, anyway, cause as it says elsewhere, it's not getting any better.

Then you've won our debate and can stand down. I'm fine with that. Have an excellent Christmas and a happy new year. Best to enjoy it now, anyway, cause as it says elsewhere, it's not getting any better.
there was no debate, you never ever offered any facts to support Renewables, you have proved you know nothing of what you support

Forum List

Back