How YOUR Senator Voted On Keystone XL

"Moreover numerous scientific studies have concluded that Canadian oil is no different than heavier crude we import from say Mexico or Venezuela.

HUH ?

bullF'nchtte !

Canada trash oil contains benzene .. you want Cancer ?

"Moreover numerous scientific studies have concluded that Canadian oil is no different than heavier crude we import from say Mexico or Venezuela.

HUH ?

bullF'nchtte !

do you plan to drink it?

HUH ?

bullF'nchtte !

do you plan to drink it?

do you plan not to drink the water after trash oil seeps into the ground ?

it's not so much the oil itself, it's the crap they mix with it .. crap you can't clean up.

Diluted Bitumen

Last edited:
Reid and Obama have done everything they could to impede the energy independence from the middle east that the pipeline would help bring about. I say that is going against the well-being if this great nation's citizenry. And, it might even allow the two men that Harry Reid rants and raves about from the safety of the Senate floor to make some money.
They haven't supported alternative/green energy? You sure about that?

I didn't say that, you did. I live in the here and now, and support alternative energy, but without oil while we develop it, out economy tanks.

Unlike conventional crude, unstabilized dilbit floats briefly in water but heavier components sink as light components evaporate. The remaining bitumen can make cleaning up a dilbit spill more difficult than a conventional oil spill, particularly if dredging is considered too ecologically damaging.[14] During the Kalamazoo River oil spill, the heavier components sank to the bottom of the water column, making cleanup difficult.[15] Cleanup of the spill is still underway three years after the event, and officials at the Michigan Department of Natural Resources’ Fishery Division expect that it will "be many more years before the agency can measure the full impact on fish and other animals’ reproductive cycles."[16] However, studies show that dilbit does not increase the risk of corrosion occurring within a pipeline or otherwise increase the risk of a release occurring.[17][18][19][20]
In 2013, opening on the Keystone XL pipeline proposal, the EPA recommended to the State Department that pipelines that carry dilbit (such as the proposed Keystone XL) should no longer be treated just like pipelines that carry any other oil. "We have learned from the 2010 Enbridge spill of oil sands crude in Michigan that spills of diluted bitumen (dilbit) may require different response actions or equipment from response actions for conventional oil spills. These spills can also have different impacts than spills of conventional oil. […] We recommend that the Final EIS more clearly acknowledge that in the event of a spill to water, it is possible that large portions of dilbit will sink and that submerged oil significantly changes spill response and impacts. We also recommend that the Final EIS include means to address the additional risks of releases that may be greater for spills of dilbit than other crudes. For example, in the Enbridge spill, the local health department issued voluntary evacuation notices based on the level of benzene measured in the air."[

oh here now ....

According to the polls (if you believe in such things) The majority of Americans want the Keystone pipeline built..

Energy

Although the far left has always seem to done what the opposite of what the people want.

Keystone will get built, there's no doubt about it. Then like everything else the Republicans do, nothing will happen, and if it does It'll be worse than it was prior to Keystone ..

Keystone will get built, there's no doubt about it. Then like everything else the Republicans do, nothing will happen, and if it does It'll be worse than it was prior to Keystone ..

Once again the irony impaired posts from the far left just keep coming.

So when did Reid become a Republican?

Its a lose/lose situation both for the land owners and the US in general as we all know where the refined product is ultimately going to be exported to. Texas will refine out all the (toxic?) impurities & do what w/ it? Where will that waste go? Back to Canada? Remain in the U.S.?

Republicans are :up: commsymps. :eusa_shhh: President Xi thanks you & the Repub Congress :clap2:

The United States is now seen as a less reliable partner. In response, Canada will build a pipeline either to the west or east coasts of Canada even if Keystone is passed. That would not have happened had Keystone was originally approved. Much of that oil will then be sold to China. The Chinese have become more active since Keystone was stalled. The Chinese can thank the American Left for that.

The driver of opposition to Keystone are environmentalists' antipathy towards oil sands development since they believe it is harmful to the atmosphere. But they will fail. The oil sands will be developed regardless of whether Keystone is built or not.

i can't see how it makes the US unreliable for it to not approve a project before all of the environmental studies are complete when the project doesn't benefit the people of this country on a long term basis.

The studies have been going on for five years Jillian. Keystone I and Keystone II are in place and rolling.

Keystone XL from Cushing to the Gulf was endorsed by Obama and is complete and delivering crude.

Here's an informative link for you. And please understand that the opposition to the Keystone XL is based on trying to shut down oil production from the tar sands in Canada.

Which is whacked out beyond words.

Moreover, it is similar in consistency to Californian crude. Finally, numerous environmental studies have already shown that there is no environmental impact as a result of the pipeline being completed."

Keystone Pipeline - Five Years And Counting - Forbes

I'm going to guess you never looked at the article I posted.

Reid and Obama have done everything they could to impede the energy independence from the middle east that the pipeline would help bring about. I say that is going against the well-being if this great nation's citizenry. And, it might even allow the two men that Harry Reid rants and raves about from the safety of the Senate floor to make some money.

I didn't say that, you did. I live in the here and now, and support alternative energy, but without oil while we develop it, out economy tanks.
We have enough world oil flow without committing to an environmentally dangerous, illegal pipeline.

:laugh: Another moron lib who believes the daily show is anything but a comedy routine. BTW, the issue of imminent domain hardly applies to the KXL for the simple reason those property owners' land isn't being seized. The KXL needs only a strip about 20' wide of that property, a tiny ribbon of land for which the landowners are being well compensated for. Progs see no distinction from concept to concept, example to example, and this moron ^^^^^ even introduces a chemical spill in a Virginia river as evidence an oil pipeline through Nebraska is "dangerous". :lmao:

Last edited:

We have enough world oil flow without committing to an environmentally dangerous, illegal pipeline.

its neither dangerous or illegal.

agree with it not being illegal, but disagree that they are not dangerous.... on other parts of Keystone, they claimed there would be one spill and leak from them in 7 years on average...instead in the first year they had 7 spills or breaks, with contamination that they were not capable of responding to properly is what I read somewhere on here from a link or thru a link from those links, from this thread yesterday....

they used some cheap steal from India or China or somewhere near timbuktu... I believe I read, which caused the problem with the multiple leaks...

So we as a Nation, need some new assurances from the oil companies anticipating using Kxl, and from transCanada imho, before moving forward with this new leg....Who pays for any catastrophe? Will they supply the spoiled region of farms and US Citizens with clean water from Canada if there is a major break / spill that does spoil our fresh water? Make certain there is no CAP on their liability and other things that will scare the PaJesus out of them enough to not bypass true safety as they did with this cheaper steal they used the last leg or two they put in....imho..IF it goes forward...

and the other thing is I do not in any way believe it is right and just for any company to use the Government for Eminent Domain to take these people's land away....this pipelne is NOT for the betterment of these people who are losing their land....and if TransCanada wants their land then they should buy it, for what ever price it will take for these land owners to move or to give up their land. That would be the free market...NOT State gvt taking it away from these families at a mere fair market value, just to give it to a Canadian Company....THAT'S BULL CRUD to the enth degree.

you're attributing your own motives to others.

you only support it because you know that left-leaners don't want it... even if it has no lasting benefit.

pure spite.

I was just enlightened by a lefty why the pipeline had not been approved. The Koch Brothers own about 25% of the Canadian oil and would make a lot of money if it was completed. Is there any further doubt why Obama and his Senate won't approve it?

The Koch's own a quarter of Canadian oil? I'd be extremely surprised if that were true. Who said that?

Read it here or google Koch brothers canadian oil.
The biggest foreign lease holder in Canada s oil sands isn t Exxon Mobil or Chevron. It s the Koch brothers. - The Washington Post

The article states that the claim that the Koch's own "25% of Canadian oil" isn't true. What it says is that they are one of the largest leaseholders of acreage in the oil sands. Being a leaseholder and "owning 25% of Canadian oil" are two very different things.

Koch’s oil production in northern Alberta is “negligible,” according to industry sources and quarterly publications of the provincial government. ...

Last October, IFG said that Koch owned two million acres in the oil sands; now it says the true figure – based on the Alberta provincial government’s mineral lease records that it links to -- is smaller but still an impressive, industry-leading 1.1 million acres. ...

Suzanne Bayley, a biological sciences professor at the University of Alberta who studies the oil sands, said she was surprised to learn of the Kochs’ holdings, calling them "significant” given the fact that the total leased area in the region amounted to 35 million acres.

Here are some simple facts
  • "Leaseholder" of land and "owner of oil" are two very different things.
  • The Koch's are producing very little actual oil.
  • 1.1 million divided by 35 million isn't 25%. Whoever said that might need to take a remedial math class.
  • The oil sands aren't all of Alberta's oil production.
So the claim is factually wrong.

would you agree that those who own the leaseholds across the oil sands have a fiscal interest in seeing the project go forward:?
Do you agree that those who transport oil by rail have a fiscal interest in seeing the project NOT go forward? What we have here is competitive interests.
Pipelines move oils far more economically than rail cars and rarely if ever derail.

agree with it not being illegal, but disagree that they are not dangerous.... on other parts of Keystone, they claimed there would be one spill and leak from them in 7 years on average...instead in the first year they had 7 spills or breaks, with contamination that they were not capable of responding to properly is what I read somewhere on here from a link or thru a link from those links, from this thread yesterday....

they used some cheap steal from India or China or somewhere near timbuktu... I believe I read, which caused the problem with the multiple leaks...

So we as a Nation, need some new assurances from the oil companies anticipating using Kxl, and from transCanada imho, before moving forward with this new leg....Who pays for any catastrophe? Will they supply the spoiled region of farms and US Citizens with clean water from Canada if there is a major break / spill that does spoil our fresh water? Make certain there is no CAP on their liability and other things that will scare the PaJesus out of them enough to not bypass true safety as they did with this cheaper steal they used the last leg or two they put in....imho..IF it goes forward...

and the other thing is I do not in any way believe it is right and just for any company to use the Government for Eminent Domain to take these people's land away....this pipelne is NOT for the betterment of these people who are losing their land....and if TransCanada wants their land then they should buy it, for what ever price it will take for these land owners to move or to give up their land. That would be the free market...NOT State gvt taking it away from these families at a mere fair market value, just to give it to a Canadian Company....THAT'S BULL CRUD to the enth degree.

there are already plenty of regulations in effect to make sure that the pipeline is built and operated safely.

pipeline leaks can be stopped very quickly, whereas if a tanker ship runs aground or a train full or tanker cars derails the likelihood of a major spill is very great.

pipelines are the safest way to move oil, our county is already crisscrossed with pipelines.

the keystone opposition is political not environmental.

Liberals come up with lies about global warming so that their companies can make millions uh I mean steal millions from taxpayers via green energy scams.

But helping people in the Midwest get jobs building a pipeline that will CUT carbon emissions.......well fuck those people from having jobs is the liberal bottomline.

Progs are no longer afraid of the unions. Like the blacks, pinhead college kids, and they hope the latins, there will be no alternative to voting Rat for them so the progs can feed them their shit sandwiches without worry. The Keystone XL is a perfect example of the guilty filthy rich who have hooked up with the tree-huggers so the "1%er" finger isn't pointed at them, and the blue collar unions who will build it. So far, airhead Barry has ignored the unions despite their money support and ballot box stuffing for him and his enablers. That can't last as Reagan proved in 1980 when his message to the working man got through the MSM filters and created the "Reagan Democrats" that propelled him into the White House. Most of those guys are in limbo, their jobs now in China, but they're still around....unemployed and underemployed, waiting for a miracle and ready to vote out their betrayers. Come January, the unions should be approached and listened to.....they hold the key to 2016...how much worse off can they be by looking for a new Reagan and teaching the pinhead academics they'll no longer be taken for granted.

Forum List

Back