How YOUR Senator Voted On Keystone XL

I probably gave the impression that I'm a big fan of Democrats when I'm not. The only thing positive I can say about them is that they're not Republicans. Tell me what Soros and Powell have done and maybe I'll condemn them as harshly as I do the Kochs.
Soros' currency trading record is pretty much common knowledge to anyone that ever looks at the dark side of their icons. Why not do a bit of research.

As for Powell Jobs, I'm sure she is a nice lady, but she does spread around Steve's apple bucks to any Progressive that asks.

I have no interest in soros. the wingers certainly do, though.

you should concern yourself more with the Koch's and the lies they tell the right.

and neither soros nor powell nor apple have anything to do with the fraud of the pipeline.
Ahh but Warren Buffet does. He makes billions transporting oil by rail and truck, billions he stands to lose when Keystone is built.

You're smarter than that, Jill. Read something besides the DNC talking points.

Typically all you have to do with these complex political positions is follow the money. Whoever is opposing it is not opposing it because of 'ethical' reasons, it's about money. They perpetrate the 'ethical' lie to their followers who take it up and run with it in social media and on the news, but at the very root, it's always about money.

the "money" is the oil companies... thanks for proving my point.

Oil companies are the only ones with money? What is it about oil companies specifically compared to any other industry that makes the same profit margin? Can you even answer that? Do you know why you hate 'oil companies'? Do you know what other industries and companies make comparable 'profit', and if not, why not? And if you do, why aren't you voicing your concern regarding them and their money? Because your masters haven't told you to?

The 'money' is on both sides of aisle, I don't stick my head in the sand and pretend that the people that I support do what they do out of ethics and care for others, you do.

I was just enlightened by a lefty why the pipeline had not been approved. The Koch Brothers own about 25% of the Canadian oil and would make a lot of money if it was completed. Is there any further doubt why Obama and his Senate won't approve it?

You left out Warren Buffet owns the trains that employ thousands transporting Koch Oil. Plus Koch spent big to buy the Tea Party & Republicans.

You are only a clueless pawn in their game.

The difference I found is that Buffett supports Obama and, to my surprise, claims he will still make a lot of money with his oil transporting trains. I maintain the primary reason Keystone is being blocked by Reid and Obama is the Koch brothers. I am sure you have heard Harry Reid ranting and raving about those evil Koch brothers from the safety of the Senate floor several times.

and thousands of construction jobs are a bad thing? When people tout other infrastructure jobs they get all giddy when talking about the construction jobs created.

44 jobs on the Pipeline only, which ignores the additional jobs created at the feed end, and at the discharge end, and the increased refining jobs. Yes, the feed end jobs go to Canadians, but is that a bad thing?

How many permanent jobs does a solar plant or a wind turbine generate?

the 44 ignores none of those things. you just don't appreciate the hoax being outed. as for construction jobs, why don't you care about them unless the environment is being undermined. where are the jobs programs to actually help the average person in this country and rebuild our failing infrastructure?

i'll ignore the wind turbine thing because it's silly.

I work in wastewater treatment, so I love any infrastructure job, so that dog will not hunt.

All jobs are equal, but some are more equal than others.

This is a oil line, there are thousands of others out there, and the oil will get from point a to point b somehow. You idiots are basically stopping the safest way of doing it just because "carbon bad, unga bunga"

and most of our 'failing infrastructure" is related to auto use. WAIT i thought cars are evul as well??????

You are talking to an engineer here on an engineering topic, and are thus out of your weight class.

I don't even think they're against it because they care about the environment, they're only fighting it because it's what their liberal whacko masters have instructed them to do. Most of them don't understand any of the details. That's how our whole political system works these days, someone makes some sweeping generalized statement without any fact to back it up, and it's just accepted and repeated by the zombies that will follow whatever they say without any thought.

you're attributing your own motives to others.

you only support it because you know that left-leaners don't want it... even if it has no lasting benefit.

pure spite.

I was just enlightened by a lefty why the pipeline had not been approved. The Koch Brothers own about 25% of the Canadian oil and would make a lot of money if it was completed. Is there any further doubt why Obama and his Senate won't approve it?

The Koch's own a quarter of Canadian oil? I'd be extremely surprised if that were true. Who said that?

Construction jobs are always temporary. We shouldn't count those jobs?

The vacuous stupidity of the leftwingnutjobs on this forum is astounding......

Its a lose/lose situation both for the land owners and the US in general as we all know where the refined product is ultimately going to be exported to. Texas will refine out all the (toxic?) impurities & do what w/ it? Where will that waste go? Back to Canada? Remain in the U.S.?

Republicans are :up: commsymps. :eusa_shhh: President Xi thanks you & the Repub Congress :clap2:

the 44 ignores none of those things. you just don't appreciate the hoax being outed. as for construction jobs, why don't you care about them unless the environment is being undermined. where are the jobs programs to actually help the average person in this country and rebuild our failing infrastructure?

i'll ignore the wind turbine thing because it's silly.

I work in wastewater treatment, so I love any infrastructure job, so that dog will not hunt.

This is a oil line, there are thousands of others out there, and the oil will get from point a to point b somehow. You idiots are basically stopping the safest way of doing it just because "carbon bad, unga bunga"

and most of our 'failing infrastructure" is related to auto use. WAIT i thought cars are evul as well??????

You are talking to an engineer here on an engineering topic, and are thus out of your weight class.

I don't even think they're against it because they care about the environment, they're only fighting it because it's what their liberal whacko masters have instructed them to do. Most of them don't understand any of the details. That's how our whole political system works these days, someone makes some sweeping generalized statement without any fact to back it up, and it's just accepted and repeated by the zombies that will follow whatever they say without any thought.

you only support it because you know that left-leaners don't want it... even if it has no lasting benefit.

pure spite.

The Koch's own a quarter of Canadian oil? I'd be extremely surprised if that were true. Who said that?

Read it here or google Koch brothers canadian oil.
The biggest foreign lease holder in Canada s oil sands isn t Exxon Mobil or Chevron. It s the Koch brothers. - The Washington Post

Its a lose/lose situation both for the land owners and the US in general as we all know where the refined product is ultimately going to be exported to. Texas will refine out all the (toxic?) impurities & do what w/ it? Where will that waste go? Back to Canada? Remain in the U.S.?

Republicans are :up: commsymps. :eusa_shhh: President Xi thanks you & the Repub Congress :clap2:

The "refined product"? Listen you jackass....the gasoline and fuel oil will STAY HERE....the only thing being exported will be petroleum products that we no longer or can no longer use legally. You shoot your mouth off without a clue what you're talking about. China doesn't need oil shipped from Houston...they just struck a lopsided deal with the russians to bail out Putin. As to "impurities"...you gotta be kidding right? Do you know anything about oil refineries? :eusa_snooty:

The "refined product"? Listen you jackass....the gasoline and fuel oil will STAY HERE....the only thing being exported will be petroleum products that we no longer or can no longer use legally. You shoot your mouth off without a clue what you're talking about. China doesn't need oil shipped from Houston...they just struck a deal with the russians.
link?

China needs more oil than just what the ruskies have, given their growth-rate. Glad to help.

The "refined product"? Listen you jackass....the gasoline and fuel oil will STAY HERE....the only thing being exported will be petroleum products that we no longer or can no longer use legally. You shoot your mouth off without a clue what you're talking about. China doesn't need oil shipped from Houston...they just struck a deal with the russians.
link?

China needs more oil than just what the ruskies have, given their growth-rate. Glad to help.

You're a fucking idiot.

link?

You're a fucking idiot.
so no link n00b?

link?

We have already sent Russia into recession. China can't or won't bail them out. Huge capital outflows are leaving Russia. Putin is screwed! He should have never messed with Obama or the USA.

We have already sent Russia into recession. China can't or won't bail them out. Huge capital outflows are leaving Russia. Putin is screwed! He should have never messed with Obama or the USA.[/QUOTE]

Putin is in trouble but now screwed....the slants just bought a shitload of oil from him or he would be in trouble.....he still has Iran on his side and Syria for arms sales. If he was smart he'd keep Crimea and a land bridge to the russian border and call it quits in Ukraine...the sanctions would be lifted within a week.

We have already sent Russia into recession. China can't or won't bail them out. Huge capital outflows are leaving Russia. Putin is screwed! He should have never messed with Obama or the USA.

Putin is in trouble but now screwed....the slants just bought a shitload of oil from him or he would be in trouble.....he still has Iran on his side and Syria for arms sales. If he was smart he'd keep Crimea and a land bridge to the russian border and call it quits in Ukraine...the sanctions would be lifted within a week.

The USA & Saudi will pound oil down to $58. Russia needs oil at $100. China is not going to pay them anywhere near that. China's growth is continuously slowing. There is going to be no lifeline for Putin unless he does what we want. This KXL pipeline is a threat we are waiving in his face. If he continues to act up we can lower the boom, build KXL & export to his customers. Obama lifted the export ban.

The USA & Saudi will pound oil down to $58. Russia needs oil at $100. China is not going to pay them anywhere near that. China's growth is continuously slowing. There is going to be no lifeline for Putin unless he does what we want. This KXL pipeline is a threat we are waiving in his face. If he continues to act up we can lower the boom, build KXL & export to his customers. Obama lifted the export ban.

The export ban is being ignored by BP....I don't know of anything Obozo has done to end the export ban. The cost of russian crude going to China is considerably less than coming from Houston....we'll see how fast the ivans can build a pipeline won't we. :eusa_angel:

The export ban is being ignored by BP....I don't know of anything Obozo has done to end the export ban. The cost of russian crude going to China is considerably less than coming from Houston....we'll see how fast the ivans can build a pipeline won't we. :eusa_angel:
Did the Obama administration just lift the ban on U.S. crude oil exports?

Did the Obama administration just lift the ban on U.S. crude oil exports?

I read that the other day....ban still in effect but feds too lazy to enforce it...or any other law.

BTW.....the Saudis are lowering their price to fuck with US not russia. They're terrified of our fracking and laying money in the hands of Rat Congressmen to get it stopped....they ain't our ally.

BTW.....the Saudis are lowering their price to fuck with US not russia. They're terrified of our fracking and laying money in the hands of Rat Congressmen to get it stopped....they ain't our ally.

Under Obama horizontal fracking setback borders were removed for "Eco-Pad" drilling. That has driven Bakken oil production break-even price down to $58/barrel. Saudi's can't maintain prices that low to run US out of the oil business. Saudi's want to screw Russia for Syria not letting them build the "Silk Road Pipeline"

Kerry-Abdullah-secret-deal-1-640x359.jpg

Last edited:

pure spite.

Read it here or google Koch brothers canadian oil.
The biggest foreign lease holder in Canada s oil sands isn t Exxon Mobil or Chevron. It s the Koch brothers. - The Washington Post

The article states that the claim that the Koch's own "25% of Canadian oil" isn't true. What it says is that they are one of the largest leaseholders of acreage in the oil sands. Being a leaseholder and "owning 25% of Canadian oil" are two very different things.

Koch’s oil production in northern Alberta is “negligible,” according to industry sources and quarterly publications of the provincial government. ...

Last October, IFG said that Koch owned two million acres in the oil sands; now it says the true figure – based on the Alberta provincial government’s mineral lease records that it links to -- is smaller but still an impressive, industry-leading 1.1 million acres. ...

Suzanne Bayley, a biological sciences professor at the University of Alberta who studies the oil sands, said she was surprised to learn of the Kochs’ holdings, calling them "significant” given the fact that the total leased area in the region amounted to 35 million acres.

Here are some simple facts
  • "Leaseholder" of land and "owner of oil" are two very different things.
  • The Koch's are producing very little actual oil.
  • 1.1 million divided by 35 million isn't 25%. Whoever said that might need to take a remedial math class.
  • The oil sands aren't all of Alberta's oil production.
So the claim is factually wrong.

The United States is now seen as a less reliable partner. In response, Canada will build a pipeline either to the west or east coasts of Canada even if Keystone is passed. That would not have happened had Keystone was originally approved. Much of that oil will then be sold to China. The Chinese have become more active since Keystone was stalled. The Chinese can thank the American Left for that.

The driver of opposition to Keystone are environmentalists' antipathy towards oil sands development since they believe it is harmful to the atmosphere. But they will fail. The oil sands will be developed regardless of whether Keystone is built or not.

Forum List

Back