How YOUR Senator Voted On Keystone XL

its neither dangerous or illegal.
agree with it not being illegal, but disagree that they are not dangerous....

Also strongly opposed to the project are Native American communities living along the pipeline’s route. It’s expected to run through the Sac and Fox Nation, a patchwork of land that belongs to 38 Native tribes in Oklahoma. Each tribe has sovereignty over its land and affairs, something that would be disrupted by the pipeline’s construction.

Native Americans in the Black Hills of South Dakota worry that any spills could contaminate their water supply with oil and chemicals. It would affect seven Native American reservations nearby. Some residents say the pipeline violates 19th century treaties they made with the U.S. government over land rights.

“We’re finding that among the indigenous communities of people who live in the area of the Athabasca River [in Canada], there are cancer rates far higher than you would expect,” said Swift. “We’re beginning to nail down some really significant impacts associated with tar sands production. And once a tar sand spill happens in a body of water, it’s very difficult to bring it back to its original state.”​

House passes bill on Keystone XL pipeline Al Jazeera America

Both of PA Senators voted for the passage. Nice to see some bi-partisan common sense from my elected officials.

so when it's a rightwing issue, it's bi-partisan to vote for it?

and when it's a liberal issue, it's patriotic to obstruct?

ya.

The Ivanpah solar plant got over 1.6 billion in taxpayer dollars and it will have 10 permanent employees from what is being reported.

Both Georgia voted YES.. Although I hate Chambliss he at least voted yes and come Jan he is gone anyway since he retired

We have already sent Russia into recession. China can't or won't bail them out. Huge capital outflows are leaving Russia. Putin is screwed! He should have never messed with Obama or the USA.

Putin is in trouble but now screwed....the slants just bought a shitload of oil from him or he would be in trouble.....he still has Iran on his side and Syria for arms sales. If he was smart he'd keep Crimea and a land bridge to the russian border and call it quits in Ukraine...the sanctions would be lifted within a week.

The USA & Saudi will pound oil down to $58. Russia needs oil at $100. China is not going to pay them anywhere near that. China's growth is continuously slowing. There is going to be no lifeline for Putin unless he does what we want. This KXL pipeline is a threat we are waiving in his face. If he continues to act up we can lower the boom, build KXL & export to his customers. Obama lifted the export ban.

Putin will be around long after Obama goes on tour peddling influence and nailing down millions and millions of dollars.

Putin's rising popularity has now made a U-turn & is down 4% just like the Russian economy. Russia projected a 1.2 percent growth, now private assessments show a drop of 2 percent. The Russian ruble is down 40 percent against the dollar so far in 2014. Inflation is due to rise 9 percent this year and to continue climbing. Capital flight is expected to reach $128 billion. The sinking ruble will prompt a run on the banks.

“This is all peanuts compared to the financing crisis,” said Vladimir Milov, a former deputy energy minister turned opposition politician. Nearly $700 billion is owed to Western banks, economists said, much of it by the giant state-run companies that constitute the heart of the Russian economy. But sanctions imposed by the United States and Europe over Russia’s annexation of Crimea and adventurism in southeastern Ukraine have blocked access to Western financing.

Despite Moscow’s plans to turn East as an alternative, China’s banks just do not have the capacity. Instead, the debt threatens to drain the Kremlin of its $400 billion in foreign currency reserves.

Among the companies with their hands out are Rosneft, Novatek, VTB Bank, Rusnano and Russian Railways, asking for sums well beyond the $90 billion held by the National Welfare Fund, a sovereign wealth fund for rainy days.

Putin's rising popularity has now made a U-turn & is down 4% just like the Russian economy. Russia projected a 1.2 percent growth, now private assessments show a drop of 2 percent. The Russian ruble is down 40 percent against the dollar so far in 2014. Inflation is due to rise 9 percent this year and to continue climbing. Capital flight is expected to reach $128 billion. The sinking ruble will prompt a run on the banks.

“This is all peanuts compared to the financing crisis,” said Vladimir Milov, a former deputy energy minister turned opposition politician. Nearly $700 billion is owed to Western banks, economists said, much of it by the giant state-run companies that constitute the heart of the Russian economy. But sanctions imposed by the United States and Europe over Russia’s annexation of Crimea and adventurism in southeastern Ukraine have blocked access to Western financing.

Despite Moscow’s plans to turn East as an alternative, China’s banks just do not have the capacity. Instead, the debt threatens to drain the Kremlin of its $400 billion in foreign currency reserves.

Among the companies with their hands out are Rosneft, Novatek, VTB Bank, Rusnano and Russian Railways, asking for sums well beyond the $90 billion held by the National Welfare Fund, a sovereign wealth fund for rainy days.

Putin is becoming unstable and might do something crazy given the pressure he's under. Messing around with neighbor's air space and running a submarine into Norwegian waters.....he even staged a mock cruise-missle attack on US. I believe his deal with China is a dead end if he can't get a pipeline to them built before oil prices bottom out. The Saudis are determined not to lose market share but they're playing a dangerous game with ISIL so close to their border.....should they be invaded and taken over, all bets are off with Iran close to having an A-bomb.

Putin is becoming unstable and might do something crazy given the pressure he's under. Messing around with neighbor's air space and running a submarine into Norwegian waters.....he even staged a mock cruise-missle attack on US. I believe his deal with China is a dead end if he can't get a pipeline to them built before oil prices bottom out. The Saudis are determined not to lose market share but they're playing a dangerous game with ISIL so close to their border.....should they be invaded and taken over, all bets are off with Iran close to having an A-bomb.
WTF are you doing here so early???

Mornin bro'!

Mornin bro'!

Howdy Bro.....gonna rain all day here....got up, had a coffee and decided to polish off the last two slices of pizza. Now I can't go for a run for a couple hours..... Get that Ruger sighted in?
Yes, waiting for fog to lift and going get some exercise.

Forest Service land closed for deer right now, I guess I should go duck hunt.

Decisions, decisions.

Dermatologist said no melanoma, come back in a year, and that I was not paranoid, only cautious.

I guess that means Medicare pays and I don't.

Mornin bro'!

Howdy Bro.....gonna rain all day here....got up, had a coffee and decided to polish off the last two slices of pizza. Now I can't go for a run for a couple hours..... Get that Ruger sighted in?

Decisions, decisions.

Dermatologist said no melanoma, come back in a year, and that I was not paranoid, only cautious.

Hey I saw a documentary about ducks and sure enough there was a segment on wood ducks...that's what you hunt for right?

Mornin bro'!

Decisions, decisions.

Hey I saw a documentary about ducks and sure enough there was a segment on wood ducks...that's what you hunt for right?
Yes.

They are the finest eating duck besides a canvasback, which are non-existent here.

They eat virtually nothing but acorns this time of year, and never ever taste fishy or gamey.

I have gotten more than forty big acorns out of one wood duck craw.

It makes you wonder how they can fly like that.

Mornin bro'!

Decisions, decisions.

Yes.

They are the finest eating duck besides a canvasback, which are non-existent here.

They eat virtually nothing but acorns this time of year, and never ever taste fishy or gamey.

I have gotten more than forty big acorns out of one wood duck craw.

It makes you wonder how they can fly like that.

What size shot do you use?

Putin is making gas deals with Türkiye right now. Those two nations are growing closer. Not good.

Forum List

Back