How Would You Describe Home?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
This was just a discussion earlier today with me and some other family members. Is home to you just the building that you live in? Or is it also connected with the kinds of emotions that you experience when you're there? For me it's definitely the latter.

You are talking the difference between a house and a home

1704920646551.png

~S~

Where you feel accepted and cared about and comfortable with your surroundings and the people in it. To some it may be where family and loved ones are or with an orphan boy I knew it was the army that was his home and family.

My parents house where I grew up and would visit for holidays was my home.

When my father died, my mother sold it and the new owners put on new siding in a different color, changed the windows, cut down all the trees and changed the landscaping.

Now when I drive by I recognize it as the house I grew up in but no longer my home

I have property I own but none of it feels like home. I built a house when I was 23. All of my children grew up there. Planned on bouncing my grandchildren on my lap there buy a crazy woman blew that situation up. I sold it a couple if years ago. Now I have a place in the city and one on the lake. I spend mist my time on the lake. I don't even have a couch at my lake place. All I do is fish and hunt up here. I have a pong chair here.

Forum List

Back