How to stick it to the poor: A Republican strategy

If I really wanted to hurt the poor, do you know what policies I would endorse? Democrat policies.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
If I really wanted to hurt the poor, do you know what policies I would endorse? Democrat policies.

I would de-regulate Wall Street. Or I would put giant holes in Dodd-Frank.

Oh, wait. There are giant holes in Dodd-Frank.

I would also keep ZIRP around. And keep QE going forever.

Oh, wait. ZIRP is still around. And so is QE!

Last edited:
No doubt about that.

How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy

The 113th Congress has stuck it to the poor at pretty much every opportunity. In fact, if you take all their past and future plans into account, it looks like they have accomplished that rare feat: To close in on enacting an overarching, radical agenda without control of the Senate or the presidency. How did they do it? Probably by escaping scrutiny through a piecemeal approach to legislation, a president who is willing to meet them halfway, and one diabolic word: Sequester

You mean to tell me that PEOPLE are expected to PAY for their own housing and other misc. bills. HOW DARE THEY EXPECT THAT.

Then they're expected to get JOBS in order to do that? You're joking right!

Oh I forgot there are no jobs to get under Barack Obama's leadership.

obama-first-job-cartoon.jpg

What sticks it to the poor is taking jobs away from them by offering what little there is out there to people who cross the border illegally. And that needs to go to the people for a vote. The citizens are the best arbiters of who should get the few jobs out there, not Washington, D.C., and they speak in every poll taken showing give American jobs to Americans. A lot of people in the nation's Capitol have turned a deaf ear to the people.

Big mistake.

No doubt about that. How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy

The 113th Congress has stuck it to the poor at pretty much every opportunity. In fact, if you take all their past and future plans into account, it looks like they have accomplished that rare feat: To close in on enacting an overarching, radical agenda without control of the Senate or the presidency. How did they do it? Probably by escaping scrutiny through a piecemeal approach to legislation, a president who is willing to meet them halfway, and one diabolic word: Sequester

What a bunch of whiny losers the left in this country is. You are surrounded by endless opportunity and wealth and the opportunity to better your life if you just work for it, and all you do is cry about wanting to have more and work less.

Grow a pair and take responsibility for your own life.
BRAVO!! BRAVO!!!!! Bravely spoken!!! BRAVO!!!
Spoken like a republican member of the House of Representatives.

What a bunch of whiny losers the left in this country is. You are surrounded by endless opportunity and wealth and the opportunity to better your life if you just work for it, and all you do is cry about wanting to have more and work less.

No actually if it sounds like anything it sounds like when Pelosi and Reid where in charge. Then again the far left has never been able to handle what they dish out.

And the far left stuck it to the poor with Obamacare.

Not sure how any far left person could support something that will do more damage to the poor than it will help.

Not sure how any far left person could support something that will do more damage to the poor than it will help.

I can't wait to hear you explain how.

Here is how the poor will benefit:

Medicaid expansion.
Federal subsidies for insurance.

Your turn. Explain how ObamaCare will do more harm than those benefits will do good for them.

If ObamaCare will hurt the poor, then how does that make it a massive redistribution scheme?

Last edited:
A mile high blazing example of Republican obstruction was provided just two months ago. The government shutdown. The GOP refusing to pass a budget that did not defund ObamaCare. But the GOP paid a heavy price in the polls for that monumental fuckup.

Lucky for them, Obama's big "you can keep your plan" lie blew up not long after. Most partisans have the memory capacity like that of a goldfish, and so the GOP shutdown thing has already been forgotten and Obama's lie is now front and center.
Your argument does not explain the fact that approval of Congress is still polling at or near single digits. Plus it is a bit hard for people who actually work for a living to approve of a House of Representatives that only worked 126 days in 2013 and whose members receive a six digit salary. I am sure those same workers will be even more impressed by the fact the House plans on working 13 fewer days in 2014. People with the minds of goldfish may forget but I am betting that the failure of the House to achieve anything of importance this session will be broadcast loud and clear come election time. I suspect the 'Just Say No Party' will pay a price for their behavior.

Last edited:
Only a retard would attempt to defund ObamaCare knowing such a bill would never pass the Senate. Submitting such a budget caused a tremendous and expensive waste of time.

It was a stupid stunt, and it cost them in the polls.

These are the facts.

Oh shit. In that case those politicians better protect Obama Hellcare by any means necessary.

So what if we completely lose the nation?!?!?!?!!?!?

Medicaid expansion.

Your turn. Explain how ObamaCare will do more harm than those benefits will do good for them.

If ObamaCare will hurt the poor, then how does that make it a massive redistribution scheme?

It has been explained over and over again, but you choose to ignore those explanations because Obama is your lord and master.

Show where the poor can afford Health Insurance under Obamacare.

And do please post actually numbers not Obama WH numbers.

Medicaid expansion.

It has been explained over and over again, but you choose to ignore those explanations because Obama is your lord and master.

So you have no evidence. I see.

And apparently you do not know what Medicaid is. Nor what the Medicaid expansion is. Affordability is not an issue for the poor who will receive Medicaid.

Still your turn. I'm enjoying watching you try to evade.

Last edited:
A mile high blazing example of Republican obstruction was provided just two months ago. The government shutdown. The GOP refusing to pass a budget that did not defund ObamaCare. But the GOP paid a heavy price in the polls for that monumental fuckup.

Lucky for them, Obama's big "you can keep your plan" lie blew up not long after. Most partisans have the memory capacity like that of a goldfish, and so the GOP shutdown thing has already been forgotten and Obama's lie is now front and center.
Your argument does not explain the fact that approval of Congress is still polling at or near single digits. Plus it is a bit hard for people who actually work for a living to approve of a House of Representatives that only worked 126 days in 2013 and whose members receive a six digit salary. I am sure those same workers will be even more impressed by the fact the House plans on working 13 fewer days in 2014. People with the minds of goldfish may forget but I am betting that the failure of the House to achieve anything of importance this session will be broadcast loud and clear come election time. I suspect the 'Just Say No Party' will pay a price for their behavior.

More far left propaganda.

Medicaid expansion.

I have plenty waiting for all these far left posts proving that Obamacare will be affordable by the poor using actual numbers and not far left talking points.

Another useless loser user heard from. Stop blaming the fact that your life sucks on other people because you can do anything you want to in this country if you ... work ... for it ...

I have plenty waiting for all these far left posts proving that Obamacare will be affordable by the poor using actual numbers and not far left talking points.

Medicaid is being expanded to include those 19 to 65 who earn up to 138% FPL. You don't have to pay for Medicaid. It's free. So you are confused if you think there is an affordability problem. Do you need this simple thing explained further to you in small words?

Now provide evidence to support your claim, please. No more dodging. You made a claim ObamaCare will hurt the poor more than help them. Provide evidence.

Last edited:

Medicaid is being expanded to include those 19 to 65 who earn up to 138% FPL. Do you need this simple thing explained further to you in small words?

Now counter with your evidence, please.

That still does not prove that it is more affordable to the poor that just means those people can apply for Medicaid. Does not mean that they will get it. Please post where everyone that applies for Medicaid gets it.

And thus shows another far left talking point that has been blown out of the water.

The ACA also provides subsidies for households earning up to 400% FPL, by the way. Those who are below 100% FPL could have their entire insurance premium paid for at no cost to them.

So, again, not an affordability problem if its FREE.

Medicaid is being expanded to include those 19 to 65 who earn up to 138% FPL. Do you need this simple thing explained further to you in small words?

That still does not prove that it is more affordable to the poor that just means those people can apply for Medicaid. Does not mean that they will get it. Please post where everyone that applies for Medicaid gets it.

And thus shows another far left talking point that has been blown out of the water.

Wow. You are just too dumb. Seriously. Too dumb.

Keep posting. This is fun!

You have nothing. You made an idiot claim, and are dodging like crazy now. Let that be lesson to you. But I think we all know it won't. You will continue to blithely expose your profound ignorance. :lol:

Last edited:

Wow. You are just too dumb. Seriously. Too dumb.

Keep posting. This is fun!

You have nothing. You made an idiot claim, and are dodging like crazy now. Let that be lesson to you. But I think we all know it won't. You will continue to blithely expose your profound ignorance. :lol:

I know once the far left start throwing insults that means my post was valid.

Since you claim I have nothing I am sure you can show that everyone that applies for Medicaid will get it under Obamacare.

As well as prove that the poor will be able to afford Obamacare and still their current doctors.

Or is that not a downloaded talking point?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back