How to stick it to the poor: A Republican strategy

That's funny. This argument didn't stop the Right from blaming the Democrats for stopping the GSEs having their portfolios wound down in 2005 even though the Democrats were in the minority at the time! :lol:

Are you really so stupid that you actually believe your argument? Do you really not know how a minority party can gum up the works?

GSE's?

Can you be more specific?

Ha.Ha.--you're going to have to give it up with this one. 1/3 cannot over rule the other 2/3's it's just simple math--that liberals still don't seem to understand.

In fact they still don't get that Obama had a filibuster proof congress in the first two years of his term--and that's how we got Obamacare. You could have 1 Republican in the House of Representatives against 499 Democrats and they would still find a way to blame republicans--(for blocking legislation)--ha.ha. SO:

images

That's exactly my point.

Please point out the laws they passed that supports your argument.

And then show how the Senate and the President had no involvement on the passing of said laws.

I'll wait.....:eusa_whistle:

Ok... be right back! :lol:

That's pretty much how you idiots operate.

You make bullshit claims and when challenged you disappear.

Yes like you would actually never ever dispute any FACT presented to you without coming back with your own r-wing fed lies and propaganda bullshit. YOU are a dittohead and classic example of a waste of my time. Ok?

Last edited:
No doubt about that.

How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy

The 113th Congress has stuck it to the poor at pretty much every opportunity. In fact, if you take all their past and future plans into account, it looks like they have accomplished that rare feat: To close in on enacting an overarching, radical agenda without control of the Senate or the presidency. How did they do it? Probably by escaping scrutiny through a piecemeal approach to legislation, a president who is willing to meet them halfway, and one diabolic word: Sequester

You do know that Republicans control only one-third of the federal government. Not much can be done without Senate and/or Presidential approval.

But hey!! Don't let mere facts stand in the way of your delusions.

It's a Republican congress doing the sticking but don't let that fact get in your way either bub.

Produce, in your own words what your are talking about? Wall Street reform? Done. 99 week extension to UE benefits? Done. Stimulus? Done. Obamacare? Done. It is hard to think of one major initiative of Obama's that didn't get through Congress.

No doubt about that.

The 113th Congress has stuck it to the poor at pretty much every opportunity. In fact, if you take all their past and future plans into account, it looks like they have accomplished that rare feat: To close in on enacting an overarching, radical agenda without control of the Senate or the presidency. How did they do it? Probably by escaping scrutiny through a piecemeal approach to legislation, a president who is willing to meet them halfway, and one diabolic word: Sequester

Since Obama took office household income has decreased and the number of people on foodstamps and gov't assistance has increased. Obama and the Dems are the worst thing to happen to the middle class since the inflation of the 1970s.

Yes like you would actually never ever dispute any FACT presented to you without coming back with your own r-wing fed lies and propaganda bullshit. YOU are a dittohead and classic example of a waste of my time. Ok?

Back up your claims with verifiable facts and then we can see what my reaction would be.

I have no idea what a dittohead is.

I'm assuming this is your way of dodging the challenge.

If that's the case? Then your concession is duly noted.

You do know that Republicans control only one-third of the federal government. Not much can be done without Senate and/or Presidential approval.

But hey!! Don't let mere facts stand in the way of your delusions.

That's funny. This argument didn't stop the Right from blaming the Democrats for stopping the GSEs having their portfolios wound down in 2005 even though the Democrats were in the minority at the time! :lol:

Are you really so stupid that you actually believe your argument? Do you really not know how a minority party can gum up the works?

GSE's?

Can you be more specific?

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. In 2005, the Bush Administration attempted to get these GSEs to reduce their portfolios. It was claimed they were becoming a systemic risk.

It was quite popular following the crash for the Right to blame the Democrats for obstructing the winding down of those portfolios back then and thus the Democrats were responsible for the GSEs crashing and burning at taxpayer expense.

For the most part, it was the Democrats' fault for Congress not being able to pass the legislation written to accomplish this. It's only a small piece of the overall picture of the causes of the crash, but it holds water.

People who make the argument that a minorty is not able to gum up the works are talking out of their asses. The GOP today are masters of obstruction and deadlock.

Last edited:
You all do know the sequester was the Presidents idea and that he was the one who promised to veto any bill that stopped the cuts or gave the departments discretion in how to apply them.

Please point out the laws they passed that supports your argument.

And then show how the Senate and the President had no involvement on the passing of said laws.

I'll wait.....:eusa_whistle:

The poor are being fucked over by Republicans as we speak while you and your ilk defend the rich, fat-cat Republicans who benefit from that. You are an enabler and people like Mitt Romney depend on you greatly!

No doubt about that.

Since Obama took office household income has decreased and the number of people on foodstamps and gov't assistance has increased. Obama and the Dems are the worst thing to happen to the middle class since the inflation of the 1970s.

Actually, Obama is only reacting poorly to the screw job Clinton gave the working class with his "free" trade agreements that were not so free.

The poor are being fucked over by Republicans as we speak while you and your ilk defend the rich, fat-cat Republicans who benefit from that. You are an enabler and people like Mitt Romney depend on you greatly!

HOW! Tell us in YOUR OWN words HOW!!! If not shut the f up.

A mile high blazing example of Republican obstruction was provided just two months ago. The government shutdown. The GOP refusing to pass a budget that did not defund ObamaCare. But the GOP paid a heavy price in the polls for that monumental fuckup.

Lucky for them, Obama's big "you can keep your plan" lie blew up not long after. Most partisans have the memory capacity like that of a goldfish, and so the GOP shutdown thing has already been forgotten and Obama's lie is now front and center.

Back up your claims with verifiable facts and then we can see what my reaction would be.

I have no idea what a dittohead is.

I'm assuming this is your way of dodging the challenge.

If that's the case? Then your concession is duly noted.

Thank you and you are dismissed.

A mile high blazing example of Republican obstruction was provided just two months ago. The government shutdown. The GOP refusing to pass a budget that did not defund ObamaCare. But the GOP paid a heavy price in the polls for that monumental fuckup.

Lucky for them, Obama's big "you can keep your plan" lie blew up not long after. Most partisans have the memory capacity like that of a goldfish, and so the GOP shutdown thing has already been forgotten and Obama's lie is now front and center.

So seriously, you see obamacare as a public opinion disaster for the ... republicans? ...

:lol:

In the last hour or so, seven threads were moved out of the most popular board in the forum..... This one.

Six of those threads had a conservative author. Only one was authored by a demented, psychopathic libturd.

But this thread remains.

Funny how that works. :dunno:

This piece of shit should have been kicked to the curb five minutes after it appeared

In the last hour or so, seven threads were moved out of the most popular board in the forum..... This one.

Six of those threads had a conservative author. Only one was authored by a demented, psychopathic libturd.

But this thread remains.

This piece of shit should have been kicked to the curb five minutes after it appeared

Welcome to the new world order. When I first came to the board it seem pretty open but now I think they have a liberal who has the ability to move threads.

Speaking of memory loss...

You forget that Obama and Harry Reid refused to accept a budget tat did not include ObamaCare.

Meaning that obamas stupid new law was more important to him than keeping the government open.

HOW! Tell us in YOUR OWN words HOW!!! If not shut the f up.

Don't know, do ya?

2014 will give you a big clue and wake-up call. Not to mention 2016. Hillary awaits.

But this thread remains.

Welcome to the new world order. When I first came to the board it seem pretty open but now I think they have a liberal who has the ability to move threads.

Last edited by a moderator:

But this thread remains.

Yes, the op is just an inane attack based on liberal demagoguery and sanctimony. There is no attempt to make an actual argument. It's just Republicans hate the poor because they aren't liberals. Here are a bunch of unsupported, inane accusations presented as fact. I've given up on pointing out obvious romper room threads like this because they rarely go there.

Forum List

Back