How to pay reparations in a way that makes sense.

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017

I’ve seen a lot of comments about reparations. Even Castro made it a part of his run for the presidency and his campaign.

You can’t just throw out money like candy corn. Because like candy corn it’ll be spent on just about anything. Even gambled away or thrown away.
People don’t respect money they were given as much as they respect money that they earned.

The truth is that reparations should be used to bring up black schools to standard, support black education, support training for a new jobs, healthcare, and so on.

But it shouldn’t stop there. Instead of giving trillions a way to billionaires who need educated workers, use the money to educate the workers. To me that seems like such a “duh”.

If Republicans can give trillions of dollars away to billionaires under bush and under Trump, then how do they have the nerve to say that we don’t have the money for healthcare and education and infrastructure?
The billionaires are still billionaires. Even without the tax giveaway they are still billionaires.
If you have $5 billion, what’s another billion dollars? How will another billion dollars affect your life if you already have five?
And it’s the workers under him that made the billionaire a billionaire. He didn’t do it alone. He had people who work for him. There’s nobody in the world that has made $1 billion completely on their own without employees.

So if anybody’s going to give money away, instead of giving money away, make it so people can improve their lives. Because just giving money away is not going to improve anybody’s life.

I’ve seen a lot of comments about reparations. Even Castro made it a part of his run for the presidency and his campaign.

You can’t just throw out money like candy corn. Because like candy corn it’ll be spent on just about anything. Even gambled away or thrown away.
People don’t respect money they were given as much as they respect money that they earned.

The truth is that reparations should be used to bring up black schools to standard, support black education, support training for a new jobs, healthcare, and so on.

But it shouldn’t stop there. Instead of giving trillions a way to billionaires who need educated workers, use the money to educate the workers. To me that seems like such a “duh”.

If Republicans can give trillions of dollars away to billionaires under bush and under Trump, then how do they have the nerve to say that we don’t have the money for healthcare and education and infrastructure?
The billionaires are still billionaires. Even without the tax giveaway they are still billionaires.
If you have $5 billion, what’s another billion dollars? How will another billion dollars affect your life if you already have five?
And it’s the workers under him that made the billionaire a billionaire. He didn’t do it alone. He had people who work for him. There’s nobody in the world that has made $1 billion completely on their own without employees.

So if anybody’s going to give money away, instead of giving money away, make it so people can improve their lives. Because just giving money away is not going to improve anybody’s life.

Have any of the 2020 Democrat presidential candidates promised reparations yet?
Who would have to pay it.
Who would get the reparations payments?

I have an even easier solution that makes even more sense: We don’t pay any reparations.

I got a better solution. Whoever wants to pay for reparations, let them pay!

• Banned

Have any of the 2020 Democrat presidential candidates promised reparations yet?
Who would have to pay it.
Who would get the reparations payments?
Castro is making it part of his platform.

For those that say don’t pay reparations, then why are we paying reparations to billionaires? I thought they were supposed to make more jobs with all that extra money? But they’re not. They use the money for buybacks so they have even more.

and those same billionaires got even richer under Obama too....something you neglected to mention ....

A not insignificant segment of the "black community" would laugh in your face if you suggested they learn to code. If you want to improve their quality of life, somehow you're going to have to convince them that being smart is not "acting white"

You were against the teacher washing the ashes off of the students forehead, now you should like Ivanka Trumps recent "bread of shame" comments.

Are you OK? Were you recently visited by the spirits of Reagan, Coolidge and Ba'al Shem Tov?

How about this; everyone who wants to pay reparations can pay for them, and everyone else can not pay for them.

improving impoverished schools will help everyone in the Nation, in the long run...

Reparations is not happening. If it did, it would only set race relations further back.

Reparations are a con. No one alive in the last 100 years has ever been a slave or owned a slave.

My family never owned slaves. Why should I pay anything?

Equal protection of the law regarding the concept of employment at will for unemployment compensation.

Guess what?

It is not your money to take and give away at the Federal Level!

Do at the State level and stop asking other people to support your social justice programs!

Forum List

Back