Zone1 How to know which Church is the True Church

Cougarbear

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2022
17 Points of the True Church of Jesus Christ

• Jesus Christ organized the Church (Eph 4:11-14)
  • The true Church must bear the Name of JESUS Christ (Eph 5:23)
  • The true Church must have a foundation of Apostles and Prophets (Eph 2:19-20)
  • The true Church must have the same organization as Christ’s original Church (Eph 4:11-14)
  • The true Church must claim divine authority (Heb 5:4-10)
  • The true Church must have no paid local ministry (1 Cor 9:16-18; Acts 20:33-34)
  • The true Church must baptize by immersion in water (Matt 3:13-16)
  • The true Church must bestow the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands (Acts 8:14-17)
  • The true Church must practice divine healing (Mark 3:14-15)
  • The true Church must teach that God and Jesus are separate and distinct individuals (John 17:11; 20:17)
  • The true Church must teach that God and Jesus have bodies of flesh and bone (Luke 23:36-39;
  • Acts 1:9-11; Heb 1:1-3)
  • The true Church officers must be called by God (Heb 4:4; Ex 28:1; Ex 40:13-16)
  • The true Church must claim revelation from God (Amos 3:7)
  • The true Church must be a missionary Church (Matt 28:19-20)
  • The true Church must be a restored Church (Acts 3:19-20)
  • The true Church must practice baptism for the dead (1 Cor 15:16 and 29)
  • The true Church must teach “By their fruits ye shall know them” (Matt 7:20)

There's only one church so it is the true church. Unfortunatelly it is a broken church - but still not a deadly broken church. Nevertheless some people who call themselve "Christians" are anything else than Christians and some organisations who call themselves "church" are anything else than a however broken part of the church. Many seek the way of death and destruction and not the way to live and to heal (and to be healed).

Last edited:
The very fact that the OP question is posed tells you all you really need to know about the sinking ship .

There's only one church so it is the true church. Unfortunatelly it is a broken church - but still not a deadly broken church. Nevertheless some people who call themselve "Christians" are anything else than Christians and some organisations who call themselves "church" are anything else than a however broken part of the church. Many seek the way of death and destruction and not the way to live and to heal (and to be healed).
This makes no sense. The question is, which church has all 17 of the necessary parts?

No church is the true church. Religion is a construct of man, not god. One needs only to be a good person, and god will be pleased. Anyone who tells you that you have to belong to a particular church or religion is either stupid or brainwashed.
You are partly correct. I've always questioned the word and concept of "religion." The proper terms are True Church, True Gospel, True Doctrines, True Commandments. All of this requires the fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Religion is what man does to these truths to corrupt them. So, if the fulness of the Gospel exists, there is then a true Church because Jesus Christ established this true Church while on the earth and that morphed into an apostasy losing all the tenants of the 17 points.

Wondering how many Christian churches profess to have the authority of the priesthood and whether they actually perform the laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

17 Points of the True Church of Jesus Christ

• Jesus Christ organized the Church (Eph 4:11-14)
  • The true Church must bear the Name of JESUS Christ (Eph 5:23)
  • The true Church must have a foundation of Apostles and Prophets (Eph 2:19-20)
  • The true Church must have the same organization as Christ’s original Church (Eph 4:11-14)
  • The true Church must claim divine authority (Heb 5:4-10)
  • The true Church must have no paid local ministry (1 Cor 9:16-18; Acts 20:33-34)
  • The true Church must baptize by immersion in water (Matt 3:13-16)
  • The true Church must bestow the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands (Acts 8:14-17)
  • The true Church must practice divine healing (Mark 3:14-15)
  • The true Church must teach that God and Jesus are separate and distinct individuals (John 17:11; 20:17)
  • The true Church must teach that God and Jesus have bodies of flesh and bone (Luke 23:36-39;
  • Acts 1:9-11; Heb 1:1-3)
  • The true Church officers must be called by God (Heb 4:4; Ex 28:1; Ex 40:13-16)
  • The true Church must claim revelation from God (Amos 3:7)
  • The true Church must be a missionary Church (Matt 28:19-20)
  • The true Church must be a restored Church (Acts 3:19-20)
  • The true Church must practice baptism for the dead (1 Cor 15:16 and 29)
  • The true Church must teach “By their fruits ye shall know them” (Matt 7:20)
The true Church must bestow the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands (Acts 8:14-17)

This verse is not a command. It simply states what did happen. God's commands are quite clear. And this is not one of them. If every Christian tried to replicate every event portrayed by the Apostles, no one would succeed.

The true Church must bestow the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands (Acts 8:14-17)

This verse is not a command. It simply states what did happen. God's commands are quite clear. And this is not one of them. If every Christian tried to replicate every event portrayed by the Apostles, no one would succeed.
Well, it actually happens every time by Melchizedek Priesthood holders in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We do succeed. Every time. All ordinance works are done by commandment to do it properly with authority. John the Baptist had the authority to baptize but he even said one with greater authority will come and give the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Well, it actually happens every time by Melchizedek Priesthood holders in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We do succeed. Every time. All ordinance works are done by commandment to do it properly with authority. John the Baptist had the authority to baptize but he even said one with greater authority will come and give the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Regardless of what Mormons do, it isn't a command.

This makes no sense. The question is, which church has all 17 of the necessary parts?

Oh by the way. Do you kown what's 7*17^2? The binary figure is III*I000I^I0. It's 2023.

In memoriam Benedict XVI

Holy Spirit come to us,
Kindle in us the fire of your love.
Holy Spirit come to us.
Jesus said it is by your love
for one another
That everyone will recognize,
you as my disciple.
Jesus said, no one has greater love than this,
To lay down one's life
for those one loves.
We know all by this
That Christ laid down His life for us.
This is love
It is not we who had loved God
But God who loved us.
Holy Spirit come to us,
Holy Spirit come to us.

Last edited:
Oh by the way. Do you kown what's 7*17^2? The binary figure is III*I000I^I0. It's 2023.

In memoriam Benedict XVI

Holy Spirit come to us,
Holy Spirit come to us.
Jesus said it is by your love
for one another
That everyone will recognize,
you as my disciple.
Jesus said, no one has greater love than this,
To lay down one's life
for those one loves.
We know all by this
That Christ laid down His life for us.
This is love
It is not we who had loved God
But God who loved us.
Holy Spirit come to us,
Holy Spirit come to us.

I have heard this before many times when teaching at a Catholic High School. And, every time it reminded me of Pharoah in the movie the Ten Commandments praying to his idol god over and over to give his son life. Again, the Holy Ghost can give inspiration to those who are honestly seeking comfort, testimony of an honest question. But, this is a chant demanding the Holy Ghost to come. To have the "Gift" of the Holy Ghost is to have the Holy Ghost with you at all times where you don't have to call upon God to send the Holy Ghost to receive inspiration. And, it's due to you being a clean vessel where the Holy Ghost can reside because the Holly Ghost cannot reside in an unclean vessel. Without authority from God, this is all you can do. Sad.

You haven't proved it's not required. so, you say your chants hoping the Holy Ghost will descend upon you. It you had the gift of the Holy Ghost, he'd already be with you always. By the actions of the Priest and Congregation Mass, they do not have the Gift of the Holy Ghost and are chanting for Him to come upon them. Thus, the Priests have no clue on how to apply the "Gift" of the Holy Ghost meaning they have no authority to do so. I remember decades ago doing a paper in college on the Baptisms for the Dead 1Cor 15:29. I went to the library and they had an old Catholic Encyclopedia that had a small blip about this verse and baptisms for the dead. It said that the Church once had the method of doing baptisms for the dead but lost the method a long, long time ago. If authority wasn't needed, then they would still be baptizing for the dead. But, they lost the authority and God did not give it back to them because of their apostacy.

You are partly correct. I've always questioned the word and concept of "religion." The proper terms are True Church, True Gospel, True Doctrines, True Commandments. All of this requires the fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Religion is what man does to these truths to corrupt them. So, if the fulness of the Gospel exists, there is then a true Church because Jesus Christ established this true Church while on the earth and that morphed into an apostasy losing all the tenants of the 17 points.
By that logic anyone who lived before Christ cannot get in the heaven.

You haven't proved it's not required.
That's not how this works bud. You made the claim, and offered a verse to support your claim. The verse you offered does not meet the standard of the claim you made. And no... I didn't even bother with the rest of what you wrote, after the part I quoted. Show us where the Bible commands or requires it. It's just that simple. The verses you offer... Do not.

You haven't proved it's not required. so, you say your chants hoping the Holy Ghost will descend upon you. It you had the gift of the Holy Ghost, he'd already be with you always. By the actions of the Priest and Congregation Mass, they do not have the Gift of the Holy Ghost and are chanting for Him to come upon them. Thus, the Priests have no clue on how to apply the "Gift" of the Holy Ghost meaning they have no authority to do so. I remember decades ago doing a paper in college on the Baptisms for the Dead 1Cor 15:29. I went to the library and they had an old Catholic Encyclopedia that had a small blip about this verse and baptisms for the dead. It said that the Church once had the method of doing baptisms for the dead but lost the method a long, long time ago. If authority wasn't needed, then they would still be baptizing for the dead. But, they lost the authority and God did not give it back to them because of their apostacy.
The Holy Spirit is a POWER, not a person.

Forum List

Back