How to get rid of the masks...she did it!

Not sure if you've seen it, but there's a television show on AMC called "Preacher." One of the characters on there is named "Eugene Root" or sometimes called "arseface."

That's what I think of when I see people wearing a mask. :laughing0301:

tumblr_pcpf81fTxl1vcfy9ko6_500.gifv
I see this...

giphy.gif

There's probably a good 10-20 percent of the population who will wear a mask the rest of their lives. The hell of it is, the
US population is around 330 million people, and the total number of Covid-19 cases thus far in the US is 3.3 million.

That means only 1% of the US population has tested positive for Covid-19. I think we're being had.
We're all going to be exposed to the virus. It's inevitable. All we're doing with the masks and distancing is making the inevitable take longer and preventing herd immunity.

I was just watching Ron Paul's latest Liberty Report video, and they talked about the point I brought up in post #113, about the trickery in the case count.

It starts at 10:14 into the video.

I know what they mean, and you're invoking a fuckton of them.

Fact is there's no conclusive data proving that masks are effective at anything but showing what a bunch of complaint little lemmings the nation has become....And I've looked high and low to discover how the magical "six feet" antisocial distancing number was arrived at, to no avail.

Perhaps you can bother yourself to provide the class with real and verifiable fact and scientifically arrived upon conclusions, professor.

BTW, "it can't hurt" isn't an argument.

The problem with you "libertarians" is that if the government says anything that might inconvenience you for a bit, you guys go full fucking retard, and do everything to tear it down.

This is very, very, very simple. Would you want a doctor operating on you without a mask? How about your spouse? Or your children? Or your grandchildren?

I'll let you in on a secret. The reason why the doctor wears a mask when he's about to cut you open isn't to protect HIM. It's to protect YOU! And why is that? It's because he might infect you! That's why you should wear a mask today. Because YOU might be carrying something that could kill someone else!

But God forbid if you might be inconvenienced in the slightest! Yes, let's make a fucking meme about da gubmint taking away our freedumbs!

Because everything has become a mindless fucking political statement, brain-dead partisans are rejecting anything that doesn't conform to their worldview.
When science stands between a president seeking re-election, science will lose because the scientist appeals to the intellect and the politician appeals to emotions. Scientists need facts where politicians only need believers.
There is no science behind "face coverings", jackass.
Evidence to support mask wearing was weak during the first month or so of the pandemic. This coupled with shortages of masks resulted in authorizes not recommending wearing mask at that time. However, those statement were qualified by lack of scientific evidence to support the value of masks. However, as the pandemic progressed and evidence that mask wearing slows the spread of virus, there was a significant shift from earlier recommendations from the CDC. The CDC, Trump medical advisors and just about every major healthcare provider and health dept in the country began urging the public to wear masks and social distance.

Is their incontestably scientific proof that masks stop the spread of the virus? No and there never will be. What we have is empirical evidence that when people wear masks and keep social distancing, the infection rate falls. There is no scientific proof that wearing masks or covering your mouth when sneezing and coughing, or quarantining when sick prevents the spread of disease. However, some things are so obvious such as placing a barrier between people to slow the spread of disease or wearing a mask, that there is no need for an immensely complex experiment to prove something so obvious.

Since the Trump campaign has started denying the value of testing, mask wearing, and social distancing then hand washing, and quarantining is probably next. Anything that scientists recommend that is judged detrimental to the campaign is going to be attacked by the administration.

Last edited:
Why should I listen to your amatuer opinion on masks when I have a cardiologist and and a gastroenterologist that says I should NEVER go out with out a mask?

I am sorry, but you are smart but not that smart. I consider anyone who refuses to believe that masks are effective are just incredibly stupid assholes! You have an agenda for showing your independence when in reality, it is just plain old ignorance.
If you like mask and you think they're doing you good wear em. but don't be pushing your idea on other people if they don't want to wear masks let them have the same freedom of choice you did. your choice

Forum List

Back