How To Achieve Single Payer Health Care

The problem with healthcare and the market is you are often in no position to shop around or negotiate. In emergency you go to nearest hospital and get what they give you.

How To Achieve Single Payer Health Care

Pass asinine obama/ Gruber care .
The GOP plan in essence, could work but the GOP and crony insurors are sabotaging it totally. The GOP is totally bought by big health big Pharma Big oil and greedy idiot brainwashing billionaires.

What GOP plan?
The one they brought up every time Democrats wanted Health reform... Nixon Dole... Just to block reform that would cost their Pals money in the industry. Our health industry problem is ridiculous costs. That the GOP Masters just love, super duper Dupe. Obamacare is basically the old GOP plan--that the GOP would never actually vote for LOL!
Nixon/Dole was a lot like ObamaCare.

And if you are hit by a car?

You ought to ask the Mossad about that. The "car murder" is one of their specialties. What they didn't count on was a ONE in the target vehicle.... more than a dozen times over....

Car hit, flips over.... and the target gets out unharmed.... DAMN!!! Tell Netanyahu he's still alive!!!!!!!!!

It is absolutely amazing to watch Zionists and Big Government supporters tell us we NEED this and that from BIG GOVERNMENT.

We don't.

Big government is the problem. Socializing health care has been a total disaster everywhere it has been tried....

a "disaster" for the general population, not the CHOSEN kleptocrats making the money vanish and the people WAIT....

The problem with healthcare and the market is you are often in no position to shop around or negotiate. In emergency you go to nearest hospital and get what they give you.
That's like saying the problem with auto insurance is that you are often in no position to shop around and in an accident you go to the nearest mechanice and get what they give you.

Of course you are in a position to shop around! You shop around before you get sick or have an accident.

You ought to ask the Mossad about that. The "car murder" is one of their specialties. What they didn't count on was a ONE in the target vehicle.... more than a dozen times over....

Car hit, flips over.... and the target gets out unharmed.... DAMN!!! Tell Netanyahu he's still alive!!!!!!!!!

It is absolutely amazing to watch Zionists and Big Government supporters tell us we NEED this and that from BIG GOVERNMENT.

We don't.

Big government is the problem. Socializing health care has been a total disaster everywhere it has been tried....

a "disaster" for the general population, not the CHOSEN kleptocrats making the money vanish and the people WAIT....

You are heavy on propaganda and low on facts...

Please don't get ahead of me and think you know where I am going and what I desire.

So I guess I should state up front what I desire. :)

I believe you should be buying your health insurance the same way you buy your auto, home, and life insurance. You should be able to pick up the phone and call any insurance company in the country and haggle for what you want. If you don't like what they are offering, you can hang up and call another company.

This would provide you with the maximum freedom and, more importantly, the maximum bargaining leverage.

Instead, you are hostage to whatever your employer offers you, if you are lucky enough to have an employer who offers health insurance.

In turn, your employer is hostage to whatever insurance companies are allowed to sell them insurance in their geographical area.

In turn, the insurance companies are hostage to whatever health care providers are allowed to operate in their geographical region.

The whole system is a mess, thanks to government interference in the market.

The government is the biggest player in the health insurance market, and gets to write the rules for its private sector competitors!

How's that been working for ya?

If you were able to buy your health insurance the same way you buy auto, home, and life insurance, you would get long time customer discounts, and bundle discounts, and all the other discounts you enjoy from those other forms of insurance.

As it is now, every time you change your job you start all over from scratch.

Bogus.

But...the Republican Party has demonstrated they have absolutely no intention of ever putting a plan on the table which will provide you maximum freedom, maximum leverage, and lower costs.

The Republican Party has totally abdicated their role in solving our health care problems. To distract you from this fact, they attack the other guys' plans. They cast blame rather than do the hard work. They are critics rather than problem solvers. Whiners rather than helpers.

So what good are they?

Oh, by the way. When Republicans talk about buying health insurance "across state lines", they are being very misleading. They are not talking about being able to buy health insurance from any company in the country.

Thought you should know that.

The road to serfdom, next post.
I'll Trump you by saying If you don't want to buy health insurance you don't have to. Or if you're very healthy and want one with a large deductible, you should be able to purchase that too.
I agree. If you want to not buy health insurance, you should have the right to be that stupid.

But we are long past those days. Long past. The Republicans have completely abdicated and left you out to dry.

Can you choose not to buy car insurance?

We don't.

Wow. You managed to evade a question about health care coverage by turning your response into one of your infamous conspiracy theories.

Kudos, whackjob. Kudos.

Please don't get ahead of me and think you know where I am going and what I desire.

I believe you should be buying your health insurance the same way you buy your auto, home, and life insurance. You should be able to pick up the phone and call any insurance company in the country and haggle for what you want. If you don't like what they are offering, you can hang up and call another company.

This would provide you with the maximum freedom and, more importantly, the maximum bargaining leverage.

Instead, you are hostage to whatever your employer offers you, if you are lucky enough to have an employer who offers health insurance.

In turn, your employer is hostage to whatever insurance companies are allowed to sell them insurance in their geographical area.

In turn, the insurance companies are hostage to whatever health care providers are allowed to operate in their geographical region.

The government is the biggest player in the health insurance market, and gets to write the rules for its private sector competitors!

If you were able to buy your health insurance the same way you buy auto, home, and life insurance, you would get long time customer discounts, and bundle discounts, and all the other discounts you enjoy from those other forms of insurance.

Bogus.

But...the Republican Party has demonstrated they have absolutely no intention of ever putting a plan on the table which will provide you maximum freedom, maximum leverage, and lower costs.

The Republican Party has totally abdicated their role in solving our health care problems. To distract you from this fact, they attack the other guys' plans. They cast blame rather than do the hard work. They are critics rather than problem solvers. Whiners rather than helpers.

So what good are they?

Oh, by the way. When Republicans talk about buying health insurance "across state lines", they are being very misleading. They are not talking about being able to buy health insurance from any company in the country.

you started off good - bashing an issue and the circumstances around it.

then had to go become your usual REPUBLICANS SUCK self.

if insurance is a work benefit, great. i have it. if i didn't then great, i could go buy it.

the problem becomes doctors have to charge more to pay for "insurance" and "insurance' will only pay up to X value. it's a bullshit stupid game that isn't really centered around right or left, just stupid.

we don't have a medical problem in this country, we have an insurance one.

Bogus.

So what good are they?

I'll Trump you by saying If you don't want to buy health insurance you don't have to. Or if you're very healthy and want one with a large deductible, you should be able to purchase that too.
I agree. If you want to not buy health insurance, you should have the right to be that stupid.

But we are long past those days. Long past. The Republicans have completely abdicated and left you out to dry.

How the fuck is saving money stupid? Jesus 12 hours a day people like me are working and covered under workmans comp.

Because if you got sick w/o HC, docs still had to treat you, and people with insurance ended up having to pay for you. Obamacare, even in its' gop neutered form alleviates that, at least in states that expanded Medicaid and even in states with Obamacare policies.

Obamacare was functionally deficient in two ways: one it aimed at covering those under expanded Medicaid as they'd be covered under UHC, with no out of pocket. Yet the subsidies to workers having to buy insurance on markets still left them with out of pocket costs they could not afford, or didn't want to afford by not buying other stuff, and of course they saw those on Medicaid getting treated better than them.

Even if you gave the GOP credit for actually trying to do something (other than appointing Judges who oppose Roe and want the 1% to do whatever they want to do) there's a problem. We have people on UHC in Medicaid and Medicare who like it. So, we can't really end them. And to do what G5000 and responsible gopers wanted, you'd have to basically subsidize everyone with some dollar amount, and let them buy insurance ... and penalize them if they didn't and tried to suck off of other people's insurance.

Medicare for all achieves it. Takes the profit motive out of health care. The primary motivation needs to be keeping people healthy and caring for them when they are not.

Bogus.

So what good are they?

We already lived with republican health care policy. We had it before Obamacare.

Which caused 45 thousand Americans to die every year because they couldn't get health insurance.

The republican health care policy is to kick as many sick people off insurance as possible so that premiums stay low for young healthy people. The insurance companies could kick you off your policy for any reason using the "preexisting condition" clause. Brought to us by republicans.

The problem with that is that sick people die. Everyone gets older and sick at sometime in their life.

Medical bills were the leading cause of bankruptcy in those years. We saw boxes at check stands in grocery stores asking for change because someone has cancer and can't pay for the treatment. Or we saw pancake breakfasts or raffles to raise money to pay for someone's treatment so they won't die.

Meanwhile rich people could get all the help they needed or wanted.

The problem with letting "the market" determine rates is that those who need health care most have to pay rates that are so high, they can't afford insurance.

The problem with buying insurance from any state is that not all states have the same laws for insurance coverage. Insurance companies will go to those states so they can charge the most for the least coverage. While people die because they don't have the proper coverage. Or we the tax payer gets to pay the bill.

The problem with health care is insurance companies. All they do is pay the bills. Why give someone your money for decades for that company to take at least 30% off the top for themselves then when you need to use that money you paid them to pay your medical bills, they deny the claim and kick you off the policy. It's YOUR money. Yet they can legally deny you the right to pay your medical bills with it.

I say remove the insurance companies. Or highly regulate them so that they don't continue to cause people to die while the insurance company gets filthy rich.

Bogus.

So what good are they?

Many states have an auto insurance mandate. However, you can call any auto insurance company in America. And you aren't forced to buy whatever insurance your employer offers you. And you don't lose it when you lose or change your job.

Bogus.

So what good are they?

you started off good - bashing an issue and the circumstances around it.

then had to go become your usual REPUBLICANS SUCK self.

if insurance is a work benefit, great. i have it. if i didn't then great, i could go buy it.

the problem becomes doctors have to charge more to pay for "insurance" and "insurance' will only pay up to X value. it's a bullshit stupid game that isn't really centered around right or left, just stupid.

we don't have a medical problem in this country, we have an insurance one.

The gop failed to do anything on HC despite Trump's promises. That's a fact.

Amazing, but when you take the "profit motive" out of the private sector and give it to the public sector, it ends up COSTING MORE AND MORE AND MORE.

Government leftists are not altruists. They are KLEPTOCRATS who STEAL and LIE and HATE and DISCRIMINATE.

Bogus.

So what good are they?

Many states have an auto insurance mandate. However, you can call any auto insurance company in America. And you aren't forced to buy whatever insurance your employer offers you. And you don't lose it when you lose or change your job.

But...you must have it. And it must meet certain standards.

Amazing, but when you take the "profit motive" out of the private sector and give it to the public sector, it ends up COSTING MORE AND MORE AND MORE.

Government leftists are not altruists. They are KLEPTOCRATS who STEAL and LIE and HATE and DISCRIMINATE.

Nope. Sorry. Medicare costs less. Fact. Eat shit.

Bogus.

So what good are they?

We already lived with republican health care policy. We had it before Obamacare.

Which caused 45 thousand Americans to die every year because they couldn't get health insurance.

The republican health care policy is to kick as many sick people off insurance as possible so that premiums stay low for young healthy people. The insurance companies could kick you off your policy for any reason using the "preexisting condition" clause. Brought to us by republicans.

The problem with that is that sick people die. Everyone gets older and sick at sometime in their life.

Medical bills were the leading cause of bankruptcy in those years. We saw boxes at check stands in grocery stores asking for change because someone has cancer and can't pay for the treatment. Or we saw pancake breakfasts or raffles to raise money to pay for someone's treatment so they won't die.

Meanwhile rich people could get all the help they needed or wanted.

The problem with letting "the market" determine rates is that those who need health care most have to pay rates that are so high, they can't afford insurance.

The problem with buying insurance from any state is that not all states have the same laws for insurance coverage. Insurance companies will go to those states so they can charge the most for the least coverage. While people die because they don't have the proper coverage. Or we the tax payer gets to pay the bill.

The problem with health care is insurance companies. All they do is pay the bills. Why give someone your money for decades for that company to take at least 30% off the top for themselves then when you need to use that money you paid them to pay your medical bills, they deny the claim and kick you off the policy. It's YOUR money. Yet they can legally deny you the right to pay your medical bills with it.

I say remove the insurance companies. Or highly regulate them so that they don't continue to cause people to die while the insurance company gets filthy rich.
That's why the Republicans won't repeal ObamaCare. They are hoping the American people have already forgotten how bad it was getting before ObamaCare.

Since they don't have a replacement for ObamaCare, and no ObamaCare is worse than ObamaCare, the Republicans have no choice but to keep ObamaCare on life support.

The rubes haven't caught onto this. They think the Republicans want to repeal ObamaCare! :lol:

Medicare costs less

LOL!!!!

less than WHAT???

HillaryCare???

LOL!!!

Big Government leftists will never ever stop lying to achieve "more spending" and then make that spending VANISH.

Public education should be all the lesson we need about government monopoly. We spend twice what any other country spends on education per capita, and we are watching that money vanish as our kids are not educated... because the DUMBER you are, the more likely you will end up asking government for a HANDOUT, and then vote DEM once you get the handout....

Bogus.

So what good are they?

But...you must have it. And it must meet certain standards.
Yes. But only because you might be hit by someone else, and if they don't have insurance you're fucked through no fault of your own. This just happened to my wife, in fact. She was hit by an uninsured driver.

The auto insurance mandate has a different and logical reason than the health insurance mandate.

Bogus.

So what good are they?

When I was a young invincible I went for about ten years without health insurance. In that time I had to be treated once for a broken collar bone at a cost of $140. WTF is wrong with that?

Forum List

Back