How Stupid Are Spectator Sports Like Football

Sports are a civilized substitute for part of our genetic makeup that is entertained and stimulated by war. Both participating and watching.

Boxing - "civilized" Beating your opponent about the face and head
Unlimited Fighting - "civilized" Beating your opponent with knuckles, elbows, and kicks to the head until he is a bloody mess
Body Building - Taking steroids to grow muscles into grotesque and unnatural bulges while seriously compromising health and wellness
Eating Competitions - Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs - 75 hot dogs and buns eaten at one sitting
How entertaining and stimulating, not to mention healthy! Higher, faster, stronger. (Fatter. Bloodier.)

How many calories do you burn being a judgmental, illogical douche bag?

That sucks. Sports teaches you many life lessons. Among them how to be a winner and a stud as well as a gracious loser when you someone outworks you.

It also teaches kids how to work with other people to accomplish a common goal.

They don't even have to like each other in order to achieve that goal.
However, teams do expose kids to the opportunity of fostering better on field relationships.
Often that leads to the ability to recognize their differences, and and utilize their individual gifts to contribute towards success.

And ... They can learn to enjoy the win or learn from the loss.

Sports also provide some young people with the opportunity to befriend and work with people of various backgrounds that they might not otherwise have.

That sucks. Sports teaches you many life lessons. Among them how to be a winner and a stud as well as a gracious loser when you someone outworks you.

However, teams do expose kids to the opportunity of fostering better on field relationships.
Often that leads to the ability to recognize their differences, and and utilize their individual gifts to contribute towards success.

Sports also provide some young people with the opportunity to befriend and work with people of various backgrounds that they might not otherwise have.

I live in the South, middle of football country ... Amen to that ... :thup:

Couch potatoes by the scores of millions sit on their fat asses and watch the television where overpaid boys play games. It's all they can do.
Football, baseball, basketball, soccer, hockey and all the rest. How many couch potatoes exercise as much as they watch television? Very few.
How many "sports fans" go outside with their children and play ball or take a swim or bike ride? Very few.

Idiotic. Lame. Disgusting. Half of baseball players sit on the bench while the other half stand around waiting for that rare hit where the hitter runs and the guy fielding the ball might make a short run. Maybe.

Football "pros" try to injure each other and often succeed. Who cares who wins. You get up the next day and go to work, same as always.

How many millions of dollars are spent on flags, shirts, hats, stickers and tickets to games and all the rest. Then the wife wants a new washing machine to wash her couch potatoes dirty underwear and he squeals like a greedy little pig who's losing his beer money.
Well while my kids were home I did not have time to watch sports on TV. My time was spent running them to practice and watching their games as well as their concerts. You assume alot on a lot of things. To bad you and yours could not make the tea.s to understand.

This is true. 90% of my white friends I met through sports.

Couch potatoes by the scores of millions sit on their fat asses and watch the television where overpaid boys play games. It's all they can do.
Football, baseball, basketball, soccer, hockey and all the rest. How many couch potatoes exercise as much as they watch television? Very few.
How many "sports fans" go outside with their children and play ball or take a swim or bike ride? Very few.

Idiotic. Lame. Disgusting. Half of baseball players sit on the bench while the other half stand around waiting for that rare hit where the hitter runs and the guy fielding the ball might make a short run. Maybe.

Football "pros" try to injure each other and often succeed. Who cares who wins. You get up the next day and go to work, same as always.

How many millions of dollars are spent on flags, shirts, hats, stickers and tickets to games and all the rest. Then the wife wants a new washing machine to wash her couch potatoes dirty underwear and he squeals like a greedy little pig who's losing his beer money.
The couch potatoes/fans live vicariously through the players success. Most have lives so dull, their perceived "winning" is all they have. It proves just how pathetic it has become to live in the United States created by Ronald Reagan's "Reaganomics" and the stifling effect his "trickle down" and the associated conservative economic policies established since have had on average Americans.

Picked last for kick ball every single time. Now an angry leftist. What a surprise.

And YOU have sat on your 'amble ass' and instead of going outdoors and getting some exercise YOU put up over 2500 posts on this forum alone in the last couple of years.

You know nothing about me, you vulgar, angry, hateful boy.

1. I play a high level of tennis every day.
2. I have a weight machine in my home which I use to pump iron every day.
3. I take daily walks with the wife of my youth, whom I adore.
4. I created and maintain about 90 websites to try to enlighten and teach ignorati such as you.
******** HYPOCRITE! You're obviously a ******* DEM.
BTW calling a woman "the wife" will get you ***** fired and deplatformed! ****** misogynist!
Have you stopped beating "the wife" yet?

Anger comes from the bosom of fools. Your vulgarity is a pathetic substitute for reason and debate. I won't be reading anything else you ever write, boy, with 15,000 posts. You're obviously a couch potato, obsessed with spectator sports, like one of my brother in laws.

"Go from the presence of a foolish man."

My Ignore List just grew fatter by adding you.

Funny, you know nothing about most of the people here, and yet you have no problem calling them fat.

I lift weights every day as well. I also ride my bike when the weather permits. I eat healthy and clean. I have a very active life.

I also like watching college football. I don't know why you think watching something that lasts a few hours, once a week, means someone is a couch potato. I have friends who are overweight and dislike sports, especially spectator sports.

You are quick to assume things about others. And yet, you are offended when people assume things about you. That is called hypocrisy, in case you wondered.

The Op's logic could apply to any activity in which the audience just sits, watches and gets vicarious enjoyment. It could apply to movies, the theater, monster car rallies, TV, etc.

All this is just part of the human dynamic. It is who we are.

But if he does it too, he can't go on a rant about how superior he is for not doing it.

Football games are competition between athletes. For the fans it is the excitement of cheering for your team and hoping they win.

It is also a social connection between the fans. I could care less who wins the game tonight. But when the Crimson Tide plays, I will watch and cheer. My friends and I get together (well not this year) and have a great time watching the game and often remembering past games.

I workout daily. I went outside and played with my kids a lot when they were young. Now that they are grown, we still go camping and fishing as often as we can.

If you don't care for football, or any spectator sport, that is fine. But for many, many people it is a few hours of enjoyment.

Used to be true, the overpaid jackasses whining and kneeling ruined that.

Pro sports is an annoying snooze fest

Well while my kids were home I did not have time to watch sports on TV. My time was spent running them to practice and watching their games as well as their concerts. You assume alot on a lot of things. To bad you and yours could not make the tea.s to understand.

What are "tea.s"?

What did I "assume" that was not true? You failed to specify because I assumed nothing.
I stated the truth, as many have agreed. You were a great father. Kudos. The message did not apply to you then, did it? It does apply in spades to morbidly obese men, in particular, who neglect what should not be neglected, to watch what is trivial compared to.... children, wives, home maintenance, personal exercise and health, and friendships. I made some valid points, and couch potatoes were offended, along with the whiny moderator Buttinski.

You think you know "alot" (sic) but you don't even know the difference between "to" and "too."
Make the "tea.s" to understand, will you plea.se?

Football games are competition between athletes. For the fans it is the excitement of cheering for your team and hoping they win.

It is also a social connection between the fans. I could care less who wins the game tonight. But when the Crimson Tide plays, I will watch and cheer. My friends and I get together (well not this year) and have a great time watching the game and often remembering past games.

I workout daily. I went outside and played with my kids a lot when they were young. Now that they are grown, we still go camping and fishing as often as we can.

If you don't care for football, or any spectator sport, that is fine. But for many, many people it is a few hours of enjoyment.

I don't speak for the NFL games. I have always been a college football fanatic. In fact, I usually pick which NFL team to cheer for based on which ones have former Alabama players on the team. Sadly, last night had none active.

The Op's logic could apply to any activity in which the audience just sits, watches and gets vicarious enjoyment. It could apply to movies, the theater, monster car rallies, TV, etc.

But if he does it too, he can't go on a rant about how superior he is for not doing it.

"Moderator," this isn't about me. I'm insignificant. I'm not boasting. I'm pointing out things which are desperately in need of being pointed out.

When someone says something which triggers your tender Leftist sensitivities, you jump right in and call their comments a "rant," never realizing that you "rant" constantly, instead of "moderating."
The only "moderating" I ever see done around here is one of you fascists moving a thread or closing it down for "violating" one of the website's silly-ass rules. Nobody, especially on the Left, is ever banned for spewing venom, profanity, hate, and abject ignorance. And this cesspool is the poorer for your massive joint neglect.

Incidentally, Leftists give far less money than conservatives do. Your Masters are always begging for donations, but how many do they get from your fellow Leftists? Practically nothing, despite your catering to them. We conservatives find this site's Leftist Bias very offensive and do not wish to subsidize it financially, so it's Lose/Lose for the Loser Leftists who own and operate this.

They will never figure that out because the Left can only double down, never admitting that it was wrong about anything.

Its pax romana with endless entertainment for the masses.

"Moderator," this isn't about me. I'm insignificant. I'm not boasting. I'm pointing out things which are desperately in need of being pointed out.

When someone says something which triggers your tender Leftist sensitivities, you jump right in and call their comments a "rant," never realizing that you "rant" constantly, instead of "moderating."
The only "moderating" I ever see done around here is one of you fascists moving a thread or closing it down for "violating" one of the website's silly-ass rules. Nobody, especially on the Left, is ever banned for spewing venom, profanity, hate, and abject ignorance. And this cesspool is the poorer for your massive joint neglect.

Incidentally, Leftists give far less money than conservatives do. Your Masters are always begging for donations, but how many do they get from your fellow Leftists? Practically nothing, despite your catering to them. We conservatives find this site's Leftist Bias very offensive and do not wish to subsidize it financially, so it's Lose/Lose for the Loser Leftists who own and operate this.

They will never figure that out because the Left can only double down, never admitting that it was wrong about anything.

LMAO!! Once again you assume.

Yes, I am a moderator. I am also a poster on this site, and have been for years. Just because I am a moderator, I do not stop posting as a private person. And what you think you know about the moderation on this site is inaccurate. I do what I am expected to do. I have only banned 2 posters in my time as a moderator. One was a conservative and one was a liberal. So your perspective is off.

I gave up on watching sports several decades ago. I just came to the conclusion that at the end of the day I really didn't care who won or lost.

For instance, last night the Tampa Bay Bucs won this silly Super Bowl. I live in the Tampa Bay area. I had no connection to any of the players. Most (if not all) of them them came from elsewhere. The money other people paid to see them play went to people I don't know. It is not worth my time to watch them on TV, especially with so many stupid commercials.

In other words I could give a shit if a "local" team owned by billionaires, played by millionaires wins or lose. It doesn't affect my life in any way.

In addition most sports are really kinda of boring to watch. There may be some exciting moments but mostly the filler is boring for most sports.

Now you throw in the hateful anti American WOKE crap you see from most of the professional and college teams and if there wasn't already a deal breaker then there is now. I didn't watch the game last night but from what I hear there was a ton of that shit. I mean they even had an interview with that worthless China owned dufus that stole the election. How idiotic was that?

I don't speak for the NFL games. I have always been a college football fanatic. In fact, I usually pick which NFL team to cheer for based on which ones have former Alabama players on the team. Sadly, last night had none active.
Me and my husband are college sports fanatics, Indiana University and Texas Tech....loved my boys knocking off Iowa for the second time this year yesterday.....and IU women are thrilling to watch.

It's pure competition.....pro sports are laughable

Now you throw in the hateful anti American WOKE crap you see from most of the professional and college teams and if there wasn't already a deal breaker then there is now. I didn't watch the game last night but from what I hear there was a ton of that shit. I mean they even had an interview with that worthless China owned dufus that stole the election. How idiotic was that?

Flash, you are The Man! "Moderator" will have nothing good to say about you either. Talk about WOKE and Triggered....

Forum List

Back