How Stupid Are Spectator Sports Like Football

Wow. So Trumpers don't like football?

You guys are just into prepper fantasies and make believe militia?

I like football, but hate the politics of the NFL. I much prefer high-level college football

If you don't care for football, or any spectator sport, that is fine. But for many, many people it is a few hours of enjoyment.

Deep.

No, really. Who would have known such wisdom without you to enlighten us that for many people, it is enjoyable. The point IS that it is grossly abused by far too many. Did you miss that, or simply ignore it so that you can be contrarian?

If you don't care for football, or any spectator sport, that is fine. But for many, many people it is a few hours of enjoyment.

Deep.

No, really. Who would have known such wisdom without you to enlighten us that for many people, it is enjoyable. The point IS that it is grossly abused by far too many. Did you miss that, or simply ignore it so that you can be contrarian?

You are calling ME the contrarian? Total condemnation of the entire world of spectator sports simply because it does not entertain you and is abused by an extreme minority?

And YOU have sat on your 'amble ass' and instead of going outdoors and getting some exercise YOU put up over 2500 posts on this forum alone in the last couple of years.

You know nothing about me, you vulgar, angry, hateful boy.

1. I play a high level of tennis every day.
2. I have a weight machine in my home which I use to pump iron every day.
3. I take daily walks with the wife of my youth, whom I adore.
4. I created and maintain about 90 websites to try to enlighten and teach ignorati such as you.
******** HYPOCRITE! You're obviously a ******* DEM.
BTW calling a woman "the wife" will get you ***** fired and deplatformed! ****** misogynist!
Have you stopped beating "the wife" yet?

Anger comes from the bosom of fools. Your vulgarity is a pathetic substitute for reason and debate. I won't be reading anything else you ever write, boy, with 15,000 posts. You're obviously a couch potato, obsessed with spectator sports, like one of my brother in laws.

"Go from the presence of a foolish man."

My Ignore List just grew fatter by adding you.

Last edited:
Couch potatoes by the scores of millions sit on their fat asses and watch the television where overpaid boys play games. It's all they can do.
Football, baseball, basketball, soccer, hockey and all the rest. How many couch potatoes exercise as much as they watch television? Very few.
How many "sports fans" go outside with their children and play ball or take a swim or bike ride? Very few.

Idiotic. Lame. Disgusting. Half of baseball players sit on the bench while the other half stand around waiting for that rare hit where the hitter runs and the guy fielding the ball might make a short run. Maybe.

Football "pros" try to injure each other and often succeed. Who cares who wins. You get up the next day and go to work, same as always.

How many millions of dollars are spent on flags, shirts, hats, stickers and tickets to games and all the rest. Then the wife wants a new washing machine to wash her couch potatoes dirty underwear and he squeals like a greedy little pig who's losing his beer money.

Did you have a point or you just wanted to showcase your ignorance?

Couch potatoes by the scores of millions sit on their fat asses and watch the television where overpaid boys play games. It's all they can do.
Football, baseball, basketball, soccer, hockey and all the rest. How many couch potatoes exercise as much as they watch television? Very few.
How many "sports fans" go outside with their children and play ball or take a swim or bike ride? Very few.

Idiotic. Lame. Disgusting. Half of baseball players sit on the bench while the other half stand around waiting for that rare hit where the hitter runs and the guy fielding the ball might make a short run. Maybe.

Football "pros" try to injure each other and often succeed. Who cares who wins. You get up the next day and go to work, same as always.

How many millions of dollars are spent on flags, shirts, hats, stickers and tickets to games and all the rest. Then the wife wants a new washing machine to wash her couch potatoes dirty underwear and he squeals like a greedy little pig who's losing his beer money.
Many of us enjoy the sport, like football, for the application of strategy. I always say to my wife when our preferred team loses, there is nothing in it for us if they win or lose. But I love to analyze and always appreciate the strategy of both teams involved. I like to watch the stunts by the defensive lineman, the pulling offensive guard...the play action......

I dont watch NASCAR for the speed, the wrecks or the winner....I like the strategy applied to the performance of the car such as tire pressure adjustments and choice of line during the course of the race.

In baseball, I like to watch a well played squeeze play over seeing some juiced up guy hit a home run.

In basketball, I liked to watch Princeton use strategy of a slow game as opposed to the run and dunk of the pros.

In Hockey, it is all about the line changes and when to apply them.

In soccer, it is about the give and go and use of triangles.

You may not see the reason why people enjoy competitive sports....But maybe you don't see why they do.

Wow. So Trumpers don't like football?

You guys are just into prepper fantasies and make believe militia?

I like football, but hate the politics of the NFL. I much prefer high-level college football
I agree.

That is where you see a lesser team apply heart and strategy to beat a better team. Syracuse, Nebraska back in the 80's. App State Michigan early 2000's.....

The Op's logic could apply to any activity in which the audience just sits, watches and gets vicarious enjoyment. It could apply to movies, the theater, monster car rallies, TV, etc.

All this is just part of the human dynamic. It is who we are.

The Op's logic could apply to any activity in which the audience just sits, watches and gets vicarious enjoyment. It could apply to movies, the theater, monster car rallies, TV, etc.

All this is just part of the human dynamic. It is who we are.
We liked to be entertained. Those that dont have issues.

For example. My brother is a very gloomy person. All is dark in his eyes. He hates democrats, he hates republicans. He hates America, he hates England.

One Thanksgiving, I made a joke. All at the table laughed. He stood up and told us all to go fuck ourselves. Why? As he put it......"there are starving children in the world and we have no right to be happy"....in a way, he is right. But if that is how you decide what to enjoy, you will never enjoy anything.

And without enjoyment, we are nothing more than a mass of carbon based matter who worries about our next disaster.

Sports are a civilized substitute for part of our genetic makeup that is entertained and stimulated by war. Both participating and watching.

Sports are a civilized substitute for part of our genetic makeup that is entertained and stimulated by war. Both participating and watching.
We were never stimulated by war until CNN chose to televise live the shock and awe attack on Iraq.

However, we were stimulated by victory of war....as we should have been.

The rare times I will watch baseball or football is when a pitcher is displaying 100% control of the batters and playing games with them or when a quarterback, such as in last night's Tom Brady performance, is micro-second cool, calm and accurate.

The rare times I will watch baseball or football is when a pitcher is displaying 100% control of the batters and playing games with them or when a quarterback, such as in last night's Tom Brady performance, is micro-second cool, calm and accurate.
How do you know a pitcher is in 100% control, if you only watch when he is in 100% control?

Or are you like me...if I see a bunch of players in any sport just showing off and showing no strategy, I change the channel.

Please enlighten me with your brilliant intellect on the subject of your choice, preferably science.... if you know any.....

All my kids were required to play a team sport. The benefits of team sports have life long implications. Not to mention its kinda cool when they have a choice of using an academic or sports scholarship.

Boxing - "civilized" Beating your opponent about the face and head
Unlimited Fighting - "civilized" Beating your opponent with knuckles, elbows, and kicks to the head until he is a bloody mess
Body Building - Taking steroids to grow muscles into grotesque and unnatural bulges while seriously compromising health and wellness
Eating Competitions - Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs - 75 hot dogs and buns eaten at one sitting
How entertaining and stimulating, not to mention healthy! Higher, faster, stronger. (Fatter. Bloodier.)

Please enlighten me with your brilliant intellect on the subject of your choice, preferably science.... if you know any.....
Science?

Yet you started a thread on competitive sports.

And as opposed to responding intellectually and insightful to those that explained what you dont understand....you prefer to change the topic to science.

Interesting.

That sucks. Sports teaches you many life lessons. Among them how to be a winner and a stud as well as a gracious loser when you someone outworks you.

It also teaches kids how to work with other people to accomplish a common goal.

They don't even have to like each other in order to achieve that goal.
However, teams do expose kids to the opportunity of fostering better on field relationships.
Often that leads to the ability to recognize their differences, and and utilize their individual gifts to contribute towards success.

And ... They can learn to enjoy the win or learn from the loss.

I had been an avid football and baseball fan my whole life until I left the US 25 years ago. Then I quit following sports. Now I have so much extra time. On Sundays I used to watch football the entire day. Now from September to January, I have an extra day.

Someone missed their nappy time ^ :)
Don't like sports, then don't watch and don't whine about it.
100 million Americans enjoyed it and don't need you to piss on their good time.

Forum List

Back