How Stupid Are Spectator Sports Like Football

Couch potatoes by the scores of millions sit on their fat asses and watch the television where overpaid boys play games. It's all they can do.
Football, baseball, basketball, soccer, hockey and all the rest. How many couch potatoes exercise as much as they watch television? Very few.
How many "sports fans" go outside with their children and play ball or take a swim or bike ride? Very few.

Idiotic. Lame. Disgusting. Half of baseball players sit on the bench while the other half stand around waiting for that rare hit where the hitter runs and the guy fielding the ball might make a short run. Maybe.

Football "pros" try to injure each other and often succeed. Who cares who wins. You get up the next day and go to work, same as always.

How many millions of dollars are spent on flags, shirts, hats, stickers and tickets to games and all the rest. Then the wife wants a new washing machine to wash her couch potatoes dirty underwear and he squeals like a greedy little pig who's losing his beer money.
Sounds like you've studied it pretty well. I can't disagree. I'd like to see all of them go by the wayside. They have NO redeeming qualities.

Now see, I have no problem with this opinion. You state what you think, and then state what you would prefer to see happen. The last sentence I do not believe is accurate, but ok.

What you did not do is call people who enjoy the game fatass. What you also did not do is to talk about the fans of the game as people who neglect their children.
Why would I do that. People watch fantasy entertainment every night on prime time. Why should a sports exhibition be any different. Niether promote obesity nor child neglect.

Couch potatoes by the scores of millions sit on their fat asses and watch the television where overpaid boys play games. It's all they can do.
Football, baseball, basketball, soccer, hockey and all the rest. How many couch potatoes exercise as much as they watch television? Very few.
How many "sports fans" go outside with their children and play ball or take a swim or bike ride? Very few.

Idiotic. Lame. Disgusting. Half of baseball players sit on the bench while the other half stand around waiting for that rare hit where the hitter runs and the guy fielding the ball might make a short run. Maybe.

Football "pros" try to injure each other and often succeed. Who cares who wins. You get up the next day and go to work, same as always.

How many millions of dollars are spent on flags, shirts, hats, stickers and tickets to games and all the rest. Then the wife wants a new washing machine to wash her couch potatoes dirty underwear and he squeals like a greedy little pig who's losing his beer money.
Sounds like you've studied it pretty well. I can't disagree. I'd like to see all of them go by the wayside. They have NO redeeming qualities.

Now see, I have no problem with this opinion. You state what you think, and then state what you would prefer to see happen. The last sentence I do not believe is accurate, but ok.

What you did not do is call people who enjoy the game fatass. What you also did not do is to talk about the fans of the game as people who neglect their children.
Why would I do that. People watch fantasy entertainment every night on prime time. Why should a sports exhibition be any different. Niether promote obesity nor child neglect.

I don't see any reason why you would. But the OP certainly did.

People watch fantasy entertainment every night on prime time. Why should a sports exhibition be any different. Niether promote obesity nor child neglect.

"Promote" is your word, not mine. So many like the "Moderator" (sick) put their words in other people's mouths and then condemn the very words THEY/YOU put in other people's mouths.

Do you think it is healthy to watch television excessively, every night? What's wrong with reading stories or playing games with your children, grandchildren, or spouse? Please tell everyone.
Just about everyone watches television. My point was and remains, obsessing on sports, or stupid sitcoms, is often done by people who could put that time to better use. If you feel threatened by someone else's reasoned opinion, you have the problem, not them. Stop trying to normalize every kind of unproductive, extreme activity as if nobody can do anything wrong. That's completely silly.

People watch fantasy entertainment every night on prime time. Why should a sports exhibition be any different. Niether promote obesity nor child neglect.

"Promote" is your word, not mine. So many like the "Moderator" (sick) put their words in other people's mouths and then condemn the very words THEY/YOU put in other people's mouths.

Do you think it is healthy to watch television excessively, every night? What's wrong with reading stories or playing games with your children, grandchildren, or spouse? Please tell everyone.
Just about everyone watches television. My point was and remains, obsessing on sports, or stupid sitcoms, is often done by people who could put that time to better use. If you feel threatened by someone else's reasoned opinion, you have the problem, not them. Stop trying to normalize every kind of unproductive, extreme activity as if nobody can do anything wrong. That's completely silly.
Wait a minute here, don't be getting your panties in a wad. Go back and read the thread. I replied, " Sounds like you've studied it pretty well. I can't disagree. I'd like to see all of them go by the wayside. They have NO redeeming qualities." Winter Born commended me for NOT disparaging overweight people or accusing him of child neglect which apparently you did. I did not understand why he would be addressing an off base comment to me. Now you are trying to convince ME that television is responsible for obesity and child neglect. You are way out in left field on this one. Television DOES NOT promote obesity or child neglect. Where do you get off accusing people you don't even know of such things. Get a life.

Forum List

Back