How popular is football in the U.S.?

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
The NFL and college football rule the day. I am shocked at the number of advertisements and short breaks (2nd half was every 3-4 minutes uninterrupted, tops) that I saw on a Raiders-Niners preseason game, these advertisers live for one thing, jamming their commercials into a football telecast, cause they know those are what people will watch.

Top 100 broadcasts of 2022:

The NFL and college football continued to draw the most viewers of any form of programming as viewers watched sports in record numbers. Overall, sports accounted for 94 of the 100 most-watched telecasts for the year. That was down just one number from last year, but up from 75 during the election-heavy 2020 docket, and from 92 telecasts in 2019.

The NFL put a record number of telecasts in the top 100 in 2022, with a stunning 82 games cracking the list. That figure is up from 75 in 2021, 72 in 2020 and 78 in 2019. Those numbers came even as the league’s “Thursday Night Football” package moved from linear television to Amazon this season. No Amazon “TNF” games cracked TV’s top 100 in 2022. In comparison, six of the Fox/NFL Network “TNF” games in 2021 made the top 100.

Showing its growing strength, college football was No. 2 in terms of sports in the top 100 with five games, led by last season’s Georgia-Alabama title game. That impressive showing fueled the desire by college conferences to expand the football playoff format, which will grow to 12 teams in the 2024-25 season.

I see Paris St. Germain and Lorient played to an exciting 0-0 tie this past weekend. How much excitement can you Europeans take?

i would rather choke to death in my own vomit than watch a soccer prance

sure they're superior athletes.............it is because the object of the game sucks

no wonder there are crowd riots

i would rather choke to death in my own vomit than watch a soccer prance

sure they're superior athletes.............it is because the object of the game sucks

no wonder there are crowd riots

You don't like watching girlie-boys writhe on the ground in mock agony? ...

Those aren't "crown riots" ... sheesh ... that's called bleacher hockey ...

The preseason game seemed to be over 3 hours. The commercials are insufferable. The NFL some years ago sped up the clock and even eliminated a dozen plays or so from the game due to it.

Forum List

Back