How Republicans Lost the Farm

NoTeaPartyPleez

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2012
""How Republicans Lost the Farm"""
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/01/how-republicans-lost-the-farm/283349/

Ya' think?

""The Tea Party has pulled the right away from the interests of rural Americans—some of the GOP's most loyal constituents.
"The failure of the farmers' agenda is a familiar tale of Washington gridlock, with familiar players: the small group of conservative obstructionists who seemingly control the House, and the policy consequences of a Republican Party at war with itself.

But in this case, the people Republicans have antagonized are among their most loyal constituents. Rural America is the party's base. Mitt Romney overwhelmingly won its support in 2012, taking 61 percent of rural voters, according to exit polls. (Romney won 58 percent of small-town voters, 50 percent of suburban voters, and just 36 percent of residents of cities with more than 50,000 occupants.)

Now the GOP, hamstrung by its right wing's anti-government zeal, risks breaking faith with its rural stronghold.""

There's no group better at cutting off their collective nose to spite their stupid fucking face than the Tea Party and GOP.

Last edited:
How Republicans Lost the Farm - Molly Ball - The Atlantic

Ya' think?

""The Tea Party has pulled the right away from the interests of rural Americans—some of the GOP's most loyal constituents.
"The failure of the farmers' agenda is a familiar tale of Washington gridlock, with familiar players: the small group of conservative obstructionists who seemingly control the House, and the policy consequences of a Republican Party at war with itself.

But in this case, the people Republicans have antagonized are among their most loyal constituents. Rural America is the party's base. Mitt Romney overwhelmingly won its support in 2012, taking 61 percent of rural voters, according to exit polls. (Romney won 58 percent of small-town voters, 50 percent of suburban voters, and just 36 percent of residents of cities with more than 50,000 occupants.)

Now the GOP, hamstrung by its right wing's anti-government zeal, risks breaking faith with its rural stronghold.""

There's no group better at cutting off their collective nose to spite their stupid fucking face than the Tea Party and GOP.

I just don't see the TPM as having a natl effect on the rural vote. I'd agree with the article that in a state where dems have the votes to win a senate seat, even if they're in an overall minority in the state, running a TMP against a moderate and known dem can result in the dems picking up a senate seat.

Ya' think?

I just don't see the TPM as having a natl effect on the rural vote. I'd agree with the article that in a state where dems have the votes to win a senate seat, even if they're in an overall minority in the state, running a TMP against a moderate and known dem can result in the dems picking up a senate seat.

You're not taking into consideration how heavily funded the Tea Party is, and by whom.
"....the small group of conservative obstructionists who seemingly control the House..."
You have to have money and lots of it and these "obstructionists" a.k.a. Tea Party assholes, are getting handsomely paid....probably by the likes of Monsanto if I were to hazard a guess.

Ya' think?

You're not taking into consideration how heavily funded the Tea Party is, and by whom.
"....the small group of conservative obstructionists who seemingly control the House..."
You have to have money and lots of it and these "obstructionists" a.k.a. Tea Party assholes, are getting handsomely paid....probably by the likes of Monsanto if I were to hazard a guess.

Obama is tea party now?

Monsanto Protection Act Signed By Obama, GMO Bill ?Written By Monsanto? Signed Into Law | Global Research

Ya' think?

Well, we're talking about flipping a Kan or Neb blue. I don't see that happening. The dem party is aimed at urban folks and suburban moderates, with issues like gun control, money for education, abortion .... There's no William Jennings Bryan.

So the Taxed Enough Already Party, made up of people who amongst other things want less spending, lost the support of people who get subsidies for a living.

And this is news?

It's funny to watch people panic or preen, boast or bemoan based on where the pendulum is swinging at any given time. Both positions turn out to be wrong, switch positions and then turn out to be wrong again!

Ya' think?

As soon as we butcher the pig we'll be back in business.

I was unaware that rural americans wanted to be ruled by a big government

Then I guess you're somewhat out of touch. (I'm being kind...)
Congress has created and passed a farm bill ever since the Great Depression. Sorry but yes, the Heartland is greatly dependent on government regulation.

I was unaware that rural americans wanted to be ruled by a big government

Then I guess you're somewhat out of touch. (I'm being kind...)
Congress has created and passed a farm bill ever since the Great Depression. Sorry but yes, the Heartland is greatly dependent on government regulation.

Actually the government has forced farmers into a bureaucratic institutionalization that they will have to be weaned off just like the generational welfare folks. Only thing is farmers know there's a better way.

And I find it amazing that you folks think propagandizing that fewer than 50 people in a body of 435 would wield all this power. If that really make sense to you there is professional help out there.

Forum List

Back