How raising by 24% minimum wage will increase unemployment and INFLATION!

On second thought, boy, that shovel was made for your hands.

Keep digging. Everyone else here with a three digit IQ is digging it as well.

:eusa_shhh:

I never thought I'd see the day when simple arithmetic like adding and subtracting was so difficult for supposedly adults to understand but you're the best example!

Can you at least admit the Employer when paying the employee ALSO contributes to the Employee's SS and Medicare as well as paying unemployment taxes and workman's comp? IS that FACT so hard for you to comprehend?

Let's make it simpler. Current minimum wage is $7.25 according you!
SO what happens when the employer sends IRS quarterly form 941 report that says the employer is paying $7.25 but no SS or Medicare taxes?

What do you think will happen???

The most likely future is more people functioning at the level evident in your sophomoric calculus, which means the borders MUST remain open for the nation to have any hope because no Mexican I ever met was confused enough to make direct comparisons of opportunity a hundred years apart without at minimum considering factors like population growth and inflation.

On second thought, boy, that shovel was made for your hands.

Keep digging. Everyone else here with a three digit IQ is digging it as well.

:eusa_shhh:

I never thought I'd see the day when simple arithmetic like adding and subtracting was so difficult for supposedly adults to understand but you're the best example!

Can you at least admit the Employer when paying the employee ALSO contributes to the Employee's SS and Medicare as well as paying unemployment taxes and workman's comp? IS that FACT so hard for you to comprehend?

Let's make it simpler. Current minimum wage is $7.25 according you!
SO what happens when the employer sends IRS quarterly form 941 report that says the employer is paying $7.25 but no SS or Medicare taxes?

What do you think will happen???

The most likely future is more people functioning at the level evident in your sophomoric calculus, which means the borders MUST remain open for the nation to have any hope because no Mexican I ever met was confused enough to make direct comparisons of opportunity a hundred years apart without at minimum considering factors like population growth and inflation.

So you still can't see the simple arithmetic!
A) You are showing complete dishonesty if you can't even admit the employer is paying NOT only the $7.25 but on top of it paying 6.2% for SS, 1.45% for Medicare and unemployment taxes and workman's comp 11% on top of the $7.25!
That makes the real hourly cost $8.09 an hour NOT $7.25!
And when it goes to $9.00 the employer will have to paying a total of $10.05 per hour not $9.00!

It is this dishonesty by obviously totally ignorant people like you perpetuate this LIE!
Businesses like Jack-in-the-Box will either do one of two things and NEITHER ARE GOOD!
A) Cut hours or B) RAISE prices!
The facts you seem to ignore is NOTHING good comes from RAISING the minimum wage!
The best way of reducing the Black Teen Unemployment Rate 43 Percent is lowering the rate!

Lowering the rate GUARANTEES more people will be able to be hired versus reducing the hours or raising the prices!
YOU don't understand the economics here!

When Jack in the Box raises the salary of their CEO

Why don't they tell customers that they will have to raise prices to pay for it?

Because whe you spread the cost of that raise over its customers, it comes to about $0.0000000001 per customer.

So why bitch about it when minimum wage cost comes to $0.01 per customer?
Thats 1 x 10^(-10) (in scientific notation)

When Jack in the Box raises the salary of their CEO

Why don't they tell customers that they will have to raise prices to pay for it?

Because whe you spread the cost of that raise over its customers, it comes to about $0.0000000001 per customer.

So why bitch about it when minimum wage cost comes to $0.01 per customer?
Thats 1 x 10^(-10) (in scientific notation)

You say it's 1 cent per customer!

The fact is raising the minimum wage will cost at one Jack-in-the-Box location for 26 employees $110,000 more per year.

Divide $110,000 by 1 cent.. my excel says it is 11,001,881 customer a year!

That is per month 916,823 or 30,560 per day.

that means with say 70% of 30,560 coming from 7 am to 7 pm -- 12 hours that's 1,782 customers per hour.
Assume there are 3 counter people.
Each would have to service nearly 600 customers per hour meaning the counter person is taking the order, giving the order ringing up the order taking the money at a rate of 10 customers per minute!

See how stupid people like your are that have NO concept of numbers and reality!

And your idiot "$0.0000000001 per customer." poster..?
divide $110,000 by the above and that means ONE location which is the added cost if recouped at the rate of $0.0000000001
would mean that ONE location had -- 1,100,188,135,344,830. 1.1 quadrillion customers ONE location!!

Do you see how stupid you people are? YOU can't even do simple math!
Geez you people are really so dumb like Obama..
He said it take a "long time" to pay down the deficit at 1/10th of 1 percent savings on Health care per year..
Dumb fuc..k can't even do simple math as the "long time " is 1,600 years!!!
But you guys YOU really take the cake! 1.1 quadrillion customers would absorb the cost of raising minimum wage!
HaHahahahaha!!!!

The minimum wage has been raised several times over the years.

And yet somehow we've managed to survive and even prosper in the face of such adversity.

Well, actually in 1955 a pickle taken from the pickle barrel in the super market cost 5 cents. Today it costs about $1.00. It's not that the pickle is worth more, but the dollar is only worth a nickel. So why not just devaluate the dollar? You might just be surprised to realize how little 1 Million dollars in todays money actually is when one considers that a dollar is only worth 5 cents in 1955 value...

"It is this dishonesty by obviously totally ignorant people like [Mr. Jukes] perpetuate this LIE!" - Yumbo Yakmyth

Return with us to your post claiming dipsy doodlesquat about the change in millionaires in a period of 100+ anos, por favor, Yumbo. Why don't you show us where you factored in population change and change in currency value?

If you can't do that and continue to bloviate horsepuckey thirteen to the dozen, then your contempt for readers here is appalling.

Last edited:
The minimum wage has been raised several times over the years.

And yet somehow we've managed to survive and even prosper in the face of such adversity.

Well, actually in 1955 a pickle taken from the pickle barrel in the super market cost 5 cents. Today it costs about $1.00. It's not that the pickle is worth more, but the dollar is only worth a nickel. So why not just devaluate the dollar? You might just be surprised to realize how little 1 Million dollars in todays money actually is when one considers that a dollar is only worth 5 cents in 1955 value...

"prosper"?
There are 48% unemployment in black teenagers!
The same people that could have gotten a job at $5.00 and be happy and would be paying payroll taxes, spending money while most of them still living at home!
But no idiots like YOU who have NO ideas about the REALITIES of running a business especially you seem to forget the real minimum wage will be $10.05 NOT $9.00 as the employer HAS TO pay 13% in SS/Medicare/FUTA/workman's comp per employee!

That has NO bearing on the reality that each Jack-in-the-Box will have to increase their payroll expenses by $110,000 per store!
They have 2,212 locations. At $107,000 each location that is $238,864,092.
Their net income in 2012 was $131,000,000!
If they DON"T LET ANYONE GO or DON"T CUT hours and DON'T raise prices they will lose:
$238 million in additional employee costs due to minimum wage at $10.05 per hour
$131 million was net profit in 2012
MEANS $107 million LOSS!

So the reduce hours that means less people to serve customers. Customers won't stand for delays. Lose customers.
Which means LOSING revenue!
So they RAISE the prices. They have to raise their prices by 9% to add enough revenue to pay for the minimum wage of $10.05.

They lose say 5% of their sales which is $123,500,000 because they raised the prices by 9%!

There is no way except to RAISE their prices and hope the public understands all this does is INCREASE INFLATION all because
idiots had NO IDEA that the Minimum wage was NOT $9.00 but actually $10.05 after adding EMPLOYERS' share of SS/MEdicare,etc.!

"It is this dishonesty by obviously totally ignorant people like [Mr. Jukes] perpetuate this LIE!" - Yumbo Yakmyth

Return with us to your post claiming dipsy doodlesquat about the change in millionaires in a period of 100+ anos, por favor, Yumbo. Why don't you show us where you factored in population change and change in currency value?

If you can't do that and continue to bloviate horsepuckey thirteen to the dozen, then your contempt for readers here is appalling.

I do have contempt for many of your type of readers that exhibit such woeful lack of understanding of simple arithmetic!
If you and your ilk can't simply admit the EMPLOYER has to pay NOT $7.25 not $9.00 but 13% on top of that!
And since you and your equally inept math shrift cohorts can't even understand something as basic as that how would you even comprehend the SHEAR totally obvious FACT you right now are living a better life style then the millionaires in 1892!

GEEZ what "millionaire" in 1892 would have even considered what you did when you wrote your idiotic response!
Let me state the obvious evidently you can't GRASP..
THE STANDARD of LIVING of EVERYONE is beyond the standard of living of 1892 "millionaires"!
Even the $8.05 current minimum wage person has FREE CELL phones.. Were there cell phones in 1892??
The minimum wage person has FREE food (SNAP..food stamps..hear of them.. MORE AMERICANS are using them) the 1892 Millionaire didn't have free food!

So you want a comparative inflation analysis when you can't even admit the $7.25 minimum is ACTUALLY $8.05 paid by the employer..
You want to negate the simple fact that the CAUSE of inflation is stupid economic posturing by idiots like you who think RAISING the minimum wage is the answer!

So when you can counter my simple math conclusion that idiots like you and most Americans don't comprehend all the costs a business incurs by recognizing the
EMPLOYER PAYS 13% MORE on top of the $7.25 minimum wage then I'll reply, but for now YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

the point is that it just comes down to greed here in america as people whine about trying to raise the min wage to 9 an hr. what? a business cant pay an employee 9 an hr? why not? they made 400 million that year and have been open for 40 years!!! so why cant cant the person doing the labor for the company and producing goods not share in the profit? you corporate lying thieves make me sick. and guess what not everyone can make it to college and just because you did and you shuffle papers now doesnt mean that youre "smarter" or that you "work harder". Starting a business im sure for the first 2 years to get it running is hard , but after that you are just following a formula and watching your workers do what they've been trained to do so dont give me this martyr mentality of how hard its gonna be for you if you actually have to act like a human being and PAY PEOPLE!!!

“It was true that I didn’t have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved. How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?”
― Charles Bukowski, Factotum

“The problem was you had to keep choosing between one evil or another, and no matter what you chose, they sliced a little bit more off you, until there was nothing left. At the age of 25 most people were finished. A whole god-damned nation of assholes driving automobiles, eating, having babies, doing everything in the worst way possible, like voting for the presidential candidates who reminded them most of themselves. I had no interests. I had no interest in anything. I had no idea how I was going to escape. At least the others had some taste for life. They seemed to understand something that I didn't understand. Maybe I was lacking. It was possible. I often felt inferior. I just wanted to get away from them. But there was no place to go.”
― Charles Bukowski

“I couldn't get myself to read the want ads. The thought of sitting in front of a man behind a desk and telling him that I wanted a job, that I was qualified for a job, was too much for me. Frankly, I was horrified by life, at what a man had to do simply in order to eat, sleep, and keep himself clothed. So I stayed in bed and drank. When you drank the world was still out there, but for the moment it didn't have you by the throat.”
― Charles Bukowski

“I could see the road ahead of me. I was poor and I was going to stay poor. But I didn't particularly want money. I didn't know what I wanted. Yes, I did. I wanted someplace to hide out, someplace where one didn't have to do anything. The thought of being something didn't only appall me, it sickened me. The thought of being a lawyer or a councilman or an engineer, anything like that, seemed impossible to me. To get married, to have children, to get trapped in the family structure. To go someplace to work every day and to return. It was impossible. To do things, simple things, to be part of family picnics, Christmas, the 4th of July, Labor Day, Mother's Day . . . was a man born just to endure those things and then die? I would rather be a dishwasher, return alone to a tiny room and drink myself to sleep.”
― Charles Bukowski

Forum List

Back