How racism hurts -- literally

Yeah, all those years of slavery really had whites paying the price

There's an argument to be made that we're paying that price NOW, that slavery hurt poor whites by shutting them out of work (like immigration today), and that it debased both the black and white participants.

But let's go with it... slavery sucked for blacks, and whites got a benefit from it.

The problem with what I assume is your stance is that you'd never admit the opposite: that today, it's WHITES who get the raw deal.

Would you?

Why would I admit something thats false?

Do you think its more advantageous to be born into poverty or wealth?

The sad thing is that in the US and the UK, where blacks were slaves... they're better off now than the ones who stayed in or went back to Africa...

Why is that?

We had this discussion, The UNCF is available to whites also.

Just as high paying jobs are available to "black folk".

You're shifting the argument. You said that more was available to black folks than white folks. Are you saying there are MORE high paying jobs for black folks than white folks?

per capita reflecting their 20% population? Yes. Affirmative action is racist action.

You're shifting the argument. You said that more was available to black folks than white folks. Are you saying there are MORE high paying jobs for black folks than white folks?

per capita reflecting their 20% population? Yes. Affirmative action is racist action.

Actually, you're using the entire US population when we both know that most jobs are in urban areas and we know that black populations are higher in the urban areas. For instance, in my city, the black population here is 45 percent and the white population is 48 percent. I'm sure the jobs here are not 48 to 45 in favor of the whites...at least not in terms of percentages.

Actually, you're using the entire US population when we both know that most jobs are in urban areas and we know that black populations are higher in the urban areas. For instance, in my city, the black population here is 45 percent and the white population is 48 percent. I'm sure the jobs here are not 48 to 45 in favor of the whites...at least not in terms of percentages.

Of course i'm using population demographics. do you want Bass to start crying about blacks in rural areas?

We had this discussion, The UNCF is available to whites also.

Rally ... so Affirmative Action doesn't exist ... and all those "black folks" who got tech jobs here in spite of there being far more qualified "other folks" didn't get it because they were black ... tell me, why else would they get the jobs, since I, a white folk, has to keep cleaning up their messes?

The sad thing is that in the US and the UK, where blacks were slaves... they're better off now than the ones who stayed in or went back to Africa...

Why is that?

Because colonized states usually don't end up doing that well.

Rally ... so Affirmative Action doesn't exist ... and all those "black folks" who got tech jobs here in spite of there being far more qualified "other folks" didn't get it because they were black ... tell me, why else would they get the jobs, since I, a white folk, has to keep cleaning up their messes?

How do you know other folks were more qualified?

How do you know other folks were more qualified?

Who do you think I learned my skills from. ;)

So you are telling me that no black folk are as qualified in the jobs you speak of than the white folk applying for the same jobs? Are you also saying that you only have to clean up the black folk mess? Also, are you saying that you can only learn from white folk because you know more than all the black folk?

I never said affirmative action doesn't exist. But I gave you an example of how affirmative that action is. A city that is 48 percent white and 45 percent black. The blacks don't hold 45 percent of the jobs (not to mention the high paying jobs). Where is affirmative action in that scenario?

I never said affirmative action doesn't exist. But I gave you an example of how affirmative that action is. A city that is 48 percent white and 45 percent black. The blacks don't hold 45 percent of the jobs (not to mention the high paying jobs). Where is affirmative action in that scenario?
if a disproportionate number of blacks are unqualified for the position, a disproportionate number of blacks will be declined, if they apply in numbers proportionate to the population.

But such simple matters are clearly beyond your grasp.

Where is the AA in the NBA? Why is the such a disproportionately high number of Blacks in the NBA? The answer: Because a disproportionate number of blacks possess the requisite skill level to compete. The same is true in other fields. The fact remains that the number of qualified applicants for a given position is not necessarily proportionate to the population, especially given racial difference in average IQ and body type, as well as socioeconomic and cultural factors.

It's simple really, if you are not.

if a disproportionate number of blacks are unqualified for the position, a disproportionate number of blacks will be declined, if they apply in numbers proportionate to the population.

But such simple matters are clearly beyond your grasp.

Where is the AA in the NBA? Why is the such a disproportionately high number of Blacks in the NBA? The answer: Because a disproportionate number of blacks possess the requisite skill level to compete. The same is true in other fields. The fact remains that the number of qualified applicants for a given position is not necessarily proportionate to the population, especially given racial difference in average IQ and body type, as well as socioeconomic and cultural factors.

It's simple really, if you are not.

Ok Sherlock, why would unqualified people be turned down for the very jobs they are unqualified for? Keep up with the simple conversation simpleton. KK said that unqualified people were getting into jobs they were not qualified for because of Affirmative Action. As far as the NBA, only the players play but they do not represent all of the players in the National Basketball Association. The NBA includes David Stern all the way down to Joseph Cotton the towel boy. The face is black but the strings are attached to white fingers. It seems like you're using your extra 15 IQ points for something other than thinking.

Forum List

Back