CDZ How quickly could the USA be making face mask?

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
We were sitting here having a discussion this morning about the state of our manufacturing here in the USA and the current viral epidemic. Its dismal.

Apparently there are not enough masks and hazmat suits to go around. 3M has upped its production but even that will not fill the needs as this epidemic progresses. And no doubt it will progress because many are still in denial. I say that based on people we know without considering all the propaganda and rhetoric in the News and online. Also I was reading there won't be enough hospital beds or ventilators for all who will need them in the coming months. So my questions are these:

1. Is anyone besides 3M gearing up to meet the masks needs during this emergency?
2. Do we have manufactures that can meet the raw material needs?
3. Who makes hospital beds and ventilators?
4. How long would it take to retrofit a few of the factories to be in production of these things?
5. Is anyone considering these things in the emergency planning?

Another issue will be providing food but that can be discussed in another thread.

If the United States went "Manhattan Project" on this ... days to have all the masks made, weeks to get them distributed ... it's not clear whether masks would be helpful, I have to use a head sock with the mask to make them work with the much larger particulates found on construction sites ... tiny virus spores may well slip right through ...

If the United States went "Manhattan Project" on this ... days to have all the masks made, weeks to get them distributed ... it's not clear whether masks would be helpful, I have to use a head sock with the mask to make them work with the much larger particulates found on construction sites ... tiny virus spores may well slip right through ...
I wear a mask for my own protection whenever in a clinic or setting where sick people roam after catching the crud at the clinic right before surgery last year. Thus far it has worked well. If it were a screen and one was screening off certain size particles there is always a loss of smaller particles in the screening process that sticks to the screen. With that knowledge from actually screening materials I'd say one has a better chance wearing a mask than not while trying to avoid this virus.

Considering how few people actually get sick there will be plenty of hospital beds. After all most of the people dying from the corona virus are already in hospital beds. The virus will actually be freeing up hospital beds.

Considering how few people actually get sick there will be plenty of hospital beds. After all most of the people dying from the corona virus are already in hospital beds. The virus will actually be freeing up hospital beds.
It hasn't really hit yet but I do think it very well may. I don't think it will be as bad as Iran or China but it will be taking a toll.

Clinics and hospitals are deathtraps ... filthy places ... just look at how many people die in these places ... we used to build cathedrals for God, today we build cathedrals for Death ... are you health care premiums anything more than indulgences ...

I doubt if our very rural area will be quarantined, but if it were, they would have to give us time to stock up on food, prescription drugs, cat food...right? And if everyone were stocking up at our one grocery store for twenty miles one way and forty miles the other, how long would it be before they were sold out? I don't understand how a mass quarantine works. How did they handle it in Wuhan? Did they simply tell people not to leave the city boundaries or were healthy people quarantined to their homes?

Clinics and hospitals are deathtraps ... filthy places ... just look at how many people die in these places ... we used to build cathedrals for God, today we build cathedrals for Death ... are you health care premiums anything more than indulgences ...
Yes they do spread disease regularly. The lung dr. after asking if I was wearing the mask because I was sick last year and I told him "no, just self preservation as I know all sorts of shit floats around in places like this". He just said, "Smart lady". I also wear it in crowded stores and such too when crud is out and about. I rarely eat out either after getting West Nile back in 2006 after eating at a restaurant.

I doubt if our very rural area will be quarantined, but if it were, they would have to give us time to stock up on food, prescription drugs, cat food...right? And if everyone were stocking up at our one grocery store for twenty miles one way and forty miles the other, how long would it be before they were sold out? I don't understand how a mass quarantine works. How did they handle it in Wuhan? Did they simply tell people not to leave the city boundaries or were healthy people quarantined to their homes?
In Wuhan they barred people in their homes. Forced everyone to wear masks throughout the country, block roads to rural areas and in that a lot of producers couldn't feed their animals so some starved to death. One duck farmer let all his ducks loose (thousands of them) because he could not get feed delivered. All very poorly planned out and they were very aggressive. Plus they were trying to keep any News or reports from getting out of the country. For awhile some used VPN's to get past CCP's surveillance and that is how we know that many of these things went on and are still going on over there.

Not to fear!

No worries about a shortage of face masks.

Infections easily cut to about 50% if Democrats simply stop breathing until the "crisis" is past!
Not worried just a consideration. We have a little sewing factory here that moved to China and left a whole lot of people out of work here. Using some of those funds to get some more people back to work and some more needed products made in America would be a plus factor considering the situation in my book.

there is no need for masks. they will only make money for big pharma and likely cause allergies. i read it in a post from becky in my facebook group of concerned citizens.

there is no need for masks. they will only make money for big pharma and likely cause allergies. i read it in a post from becky in my facebook group of concerned citizens.
So what is the mechanism that promotes allergies supposed to be?

BTW, how does BP make money for masks?

Masks do nothing to protect from the virus. If you are wearing a mask and someone NOT wearing a mask coughs next to you the virus can get on your skin, your face, in your eyes, etc. You would need to wear a hazmat suit, then clean the suit before you take it off. The people who SHOULD wear a mask are the ones infected which would not require any significant up-tick in manufacturing.

We were sitting here having a discussion this morning about the state of our manufacturing here in the USA and the current viral epidemic. Its dismal.

Apparently there are not enough masks and hazmat suits to go around. 3M has upped its production but even that will not fill the needs as this epidemic progresses. And no doubt it will progress because many are still in denial. I say that based on people we know without considering all the propaganda and rhetoric in the News and online. Also I was reading there won't be enough hospital beds or ventilators for all who will need them in the coming months. So my questions are these:

1. Is anyone besides 3M gearing up to meet the masks needs during this emergency?
4. How long would it take to retrofit a few of the factories to be in production of these things?

Another issue will be providing food but that can be discussed in another thread.
Face masks are not the only products needed to fight the commie virus

we need coronavirus test kits which need certain drugs made in china

and we need medical equipment no longer manufactured in the US

Masks do nothing to protect from the virus. If you are wearing a mask and someone NOT wearing a mask coughs next to you the virus can get on your skin, your face, in your eyes, etc. You would need to wear a hazmat suit, then clean the suit before you take it off. The people who SHOULD wear a mask are the ones infected which would not require any significant up-tick in manufacturing.
If the other person has a mask also it will help prevent the spread

Yes there are many things that need attention asap if not already considered by the gurus in charge. We have factory buildings all across the states that should be utilized asap. Everyone that can should be growing at least a few edibles in their flower beds even till this all passes and that won't be any time soon but yesterday was the time to get started on it all.

Just read in my feed from 'India Now' it is now facing a bank crisis. Looks like the NWO bankers are going to possibly give it their best shot to do away with cash (which really pisses me off). XI is creaming his britches since he thinks the west will be taken down over all of this.

Yes there are many things that need attention asap if not already considered by the gurus in charge. We have factory buildings all across the states that should be utilized asap. Everyone that can should be growing at least a few edibles in their flower beds even till this all passes and that won't be any time soon but yesterday was the time to get started on it all.

Just read in my feed from 'India Now' it is now facing a bank crisis. Looks like the NWO bankers are going to possibly give it their best shot to do away with cash (which really pisses me off). XI is creaming his britches since he thinks the west will be taken down over all of this.
The west will be seriously hurt

not by the commie virus but by the panic and recession it is causing

and all because globalists wanted to unite the world into one happy family

The west will be seriously hurt

not by the commie virus but by the panic and recession it is causing

and all because globalists wanted to unite the world into one happy family
I love my family but...I do not want them living in my house or next door and having access to it whenever they get the notion to do so.

Forum List

Back