How on earth could Steve Harvey make the mistake of announcing the wrong winner at Miss Universe? :O

turzovka

Gold Member
Nov 20, 2012
It's astonishing. Two contestants remain, and he calls out the wrong one as the winner. They crown her, the crowd erupts, and then 3 minutes later Harvey appears and says there has been a mistake. Initially I think what he said was bizarre. He did not offer a proper apology or explanation until minutes later. Totally strange.

Miss Universe pageant host Steve Harvey makes huge gaffe, names wrong winner

And since we are on the subject of Miss Universe, I read now that Miss Puerto Rico was suspended for tweeting Michael Moore and his position on Islam. Ok, I can understand why Miss Puerto Rico was suspended, but on the other hand, I admire her courage and conviction. She sees the gravity of the horror Islam and its adherents have exacted upon this world. So our main job is not to tip toe around insulting that religion, it is to sound the alarm. "Moderate Muslims" and their sensitivities are not the most tragic victims of Islamic terrorism. Dead innocents are, and their families are far worse victims. Get it?
And what is it with Michael Moore anyway? What a pox on the nation's landscape he is.
Miss Puerto Rico suspended after anti-Muslim tweets - CNN.com

Last edited:
Mebbe he was sweet on her.:eusa_shifty:

She looks too tall for him.

The point is this. That was an immeasurably huge gaffe. The impact on Miss Columbia is horrifying, plus embarrassment. Only thing worse might be a jury announcing to murder suspect we find him "not guilty." And then moment later saying "sorry, we meant guilty."

Some guys like tall womens...

... Uncle Ferd says he don't kick a woman...

... outta bed fer eatin' crackers...

... just because dey's too tall.

(I like tall women...

... you can get a pick and yodel - Don Rickles)

k1qjv9.png

Who the fuck is Steve Harvey?

Oh noeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssss! I thought the OP meant Paul Harvey and I was waiting for the rest of the story.

I've got to get a life!

ETA: Paul has passed and I loved him to death but thats a sad song that I was waiting for him.

Mebbe dat was his way o' tippin' off the DEA...

... dat the Columbian drug dealers had got to him...

... to tip the results o' the beauty pageant.

Forum List

Back