How much of your success was because of Government? ....

You know what, all you Government lovers need to just tell us all again how a business owes it’s success to the Government for “educating” our citizens, for building our roads, for protecting them with the military and so on…

Then, you can turn around and tell us all…

We need more Government because our country is on the verge of collapse due to our education system sucking, our military (wars) sucks, politicians suck, our roads and infrastructure is falling apart, waste of money here, waste there

Yes, tell us all how America owes it's success to ever growing Government then turn around, on your own and make the perfect case as to why America is falling apart despite the massive government growth we have had. I love watching you argue with yourselves.

So what is it, do the poor that does not pay taxes, the poor that you don’t want to pay any taxes pay for all the stuff the “successful” use or do the middle class and successful people pay for it, then use it? You already got your way but not shocking you’re not happy with it.

They were paid for by taxes from the private sector, obviously. That changes nothing though. The private sector never would have provided me with all those opportunities. The government did.

Private entities can't build roads or give loans?, since when?

Why don't they do it on their own? Buy the land on their own? Not have to rely on the government for eminent domain. Why don't they build the bridges and tunnels on their own?

They have no problem winning fat government contracts and getting the government to do all the dirty work so they can make a hefty profit

Gee, why wouldn't a private company build a state or federal highway on their own? .... :cuckoo:

If there is a problem with inflated government contracts, and this may come as a shock, but maybe some government flunkie is either crooked or not doing their job.......

I thank God every day for the IRS, the US Postal Service, and the DMV

Fantastic!!!

Also, just today - tried contacting the Social Security Administration and was disconnected only FOUR times! This is down two. Last time I tried to call - disconnected six times.

And who could forget Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I LOVE the Government!!

They were paid for by taxes from the private sector, obviously. That changes nothing though. The private sector never would have provided me with all those opportunities. The government did.

Why don't they do it on their own? Buy the land on their own? Not have to rely on the government for eminent domain. Why don't they build the bridges and tunnels on their own?

They have no problem winning fat government contracts and getting the government to do all the dirty work so they can make a hefty profit

Well to do that the Government would have to stop taxeing people that actually pay taxes, then you might see it happen. In fact I think many companies do pay for their own roads in many places when they build out in the middle of nowhere.

I'd keep more of my money, how many government crooks would have the resources to get their grubby hands on money that isn't theirs without me?.....

If there were no government, there would be no government crooks, and you would have no money, so the question doesn't arise.

If there were no taxpayers to fund it, there would be no government.......

This tread title should really be: "how has government hindered individuals from being successful."

Gee, why wouldn't a private company build a state or federal highway on their own? .... :cuckoo:

I think that's kind of our point. They wouldn't.

Does time in the military count?

A very large part of my success is thanks to my good decision to join the Navy.

Navy led to college, which led to a good job, which encouraged me to go to more schooling which led me to an even better job.

Because they wouldn't own it, the government would own it......

Navy led to college, which led to a good job, which encouraged me to go to more schooling which led me to an even better job.

Happy Birthday <S>
And thanks for your service.

My successes have been in working for government. Does that count?

And your inflated government salary TAKES from those who don't work for the government and hinders their ability to spend or invest which fucks this economy.

I don't know what is it you do (I'm sure nothing) but I'm certain a person with your job title in the private sector works 99% harder, is 99% more efficient (due to competition) but makes about 60% of what you make...

Then you have the fucking audacity to have a 99% avatar and talk about how the middle class is dying??

The same assholes that bailed out your labor union bailed out the banks and stuck the private sector with the bill...

Your taxes pay your own salary - hence you don't pay any taxes if you work for the government..

I see these useless government worker "fucks" every morning taking the commuter train to DC in the morning. They sleep/snore all the way up, arrive at their desks - do absolutely JACK SHIT for the economy all day except create red tape - log off, ride home, and call it a day.

Unproductive fucks.

Many join the military for its perks, rather than their patriotism (I'm not saying you)..

I remember before Iraq people were joining the military in droves just for the free shit, then we went to war and many of those cowards that wanted something for nothing refused to deploy or went AWOL...

zero.gif

Because they wouldn't own it, the government would own it......

Do you think when someone drives over a bridge to get to work that they are thinking about who owns that bridge? No. They're just happy it's there.

Not until Elizabeth Warren and Obama started spewing this class warfare bullshit anyway....

If taxpayers paid for it, the fucking thing should be there, but you think we should be happy and thank the almighty government for it......

My successes have been in working for government. Does that count?

And your inflated government salary TAKES from those who don't work for the government and hinders their ability to spend or invest which fucks this economy.

I don't know what is it you do (I'm sure nothing) but I'm certain a person with your job title in the private sector works 99% harder, is 99% more efficient (due to competition) but makes about 60% of what you make...

Then you have the fucking audacity to have a 99% avatar and talk about how the middle class is dying??

The same assholes that bailed out your labor union bailed out the banks and stuck the private sector with the bill...

Your taxes pay your own salary - hence you don't pay any taxes if you work for the government..

I see these useless government worker "fucks" every morning taking the commuter train to DC in the morning. They sleep/snore all the way up, arrive at their desks - do absolutely JACK SHIT for the economy all day except create red tape - log off, ride home, and call it a day.

Unproductive fucks.

Bingo, and they get away with it because they're protected by a) unions and b) lack of competition since the government has no competition they can be just as lazy as they want. It's not like you can tell the government to go fuck off and choose one of your liking that serves you better..

Also, have you noticed government employees treat people like shit?? ever been to the DMV or in my case Secretary of States office? Instead of "Hi, how are you doing what can I do for you" its seriously "what do you want."

Oh and these assclowns are being paid 40% more than those in the private sector doing the same job..

I'd still prosper, the government wouldn't.......

No you wouldn't. Think about it for a minute.

No government built roads, no military, no police. No public safety, no property rights protection, no contract law enforcement. Anyone can just come up and steal anything from anyone and get away with it as long as the owner isn't watching.

In such a situation, we would have no industrial economy because there wouldn't be the kind of public peace and order needed for anyone to build a factory. Nobody would have a job because you can't create a company that employs people in a situation of chaos. It would be everyone for himself, people falling into gangs and preying on each other. You wouldn't even have money because that, too, is issued by the government. Trade would consist of barter only.

You wouldn't prosper in a situation like that. Nobody would except those who could command the biggest, meanest gangs. And even then, because there wouldn't be enough public order to support farming, either, the food supply would collapse and most people would starve to death.

Right, but who pays the majority of the taxes for the roads currently DBS?

Forum List

Back