How much less in taxes are you paying..? Whoohooo!!!!!

It wasnt as much as i had calculated. Still better than nothing. I am glad you are saving so much! Thats awesome.

Just got my first paycheck for the year that has the new tax rates applied.
I will pay $201 less a month.

Enjoy it now.

Will the Republican tax law raise middle-class taxes?

Was she right that middle-class earners will see higher taxes under the Republican plan?

Research groups across the political spectrum agree that the middle class will benefit from provisions in the tax law -- at least at first.

The tax benefit shifts after 2025 when most changes for individual filers expire, including the lower tax brackets and cap on state and local tax deductions. After the individual provisions expire, all filers who make $75,000 or less annually will see a tax increase.

"Only those income ranges above $75,000 still see a cut by 2027," according to the PolitiFact analysis. "That’s a significantly different pattern than in 2019, when every group saves, on average."

It wasnt as much as i had calculated. Still better than nothing. I am glad you are saving so much! Thats awesome.

You do know that eventually your state taxes are going to go up because of this tax bill right? This doesn't bother my rich brother because he made so much money off this tax bill that he definitely benefits. But what about you? When gas tax goes up and your governor raises other taxes. It's going to eat up your $200 a month and then eventually your tax break goes away?

Oh, and now that Trump just gave us all this money, now we are broke. So we need to rebuild our roads and infrastructure so I hear Trump is considering raising the Federal Gas tax.

You fucking idiots! LOL.

Enjoy it now.

Was she right that middle-class earners will see higher taxes under the Republican plan?

Research groups across the political spectrum agree that the middle class will benefit from provisions in the tax law -- at least at first.

The tax benefit shifts after 2025 when most changes for individual filers expire, including the lower tax brackets and cap on state and local tax deductions. After the individual provisions expire, all filers who make $75,000 or less annually will see a tax increase.

"Only those income ranges above $75,000 still see a cut by 2027," according to the PolitiFact analysis. "That’s a significantly different pattern than in 2019, when every group saves, on average."
The way i took it was, they COULDNT make those permanent because of the deficit.

You do know that eventually your state taxes are going to go up because of this tax bill right? This doesn't bother my rich brother because he made so much money off this tax bill that he definitely benefits. But what about you? When gas tax goes up and your governor raises other taxes. It's going to eat up your $200 a month and then eventually your tax break goes away?

Oh, and now that Trump just gave us all this money, now we are broke. So we need to rebuild our roads and infrastructure so I hear Trump is considering raising the Federal Gas tax.

You fucking idiots! LOL.
:lol:

Enjoy it now.

The way i took it was, they COULDNT make those permanent because of the deficit.
But they made the corporate tax cut permanent and the breaks for people making over $80,000 a year permanent?

Lucky for me I make over $80K

Enjoy it now.

Why are you posting ridiculous stuff, did Bush Jr tax cuts expire on the middle class????.

Best put it in a saving account.

Untrue. Savings accounts get you less than 1% interest. (My banks offering 0.2% if I keep $10 grand in savings ~snorts~)

Go small and easy and let it grow a bit if you're not going to spend it:

Money markets are a decent option if you're going to "save" it; 1.5% with Marcus, I think UBF has 1.6% (most have a limit of 6 withdrawals a month)

If you want to grow it steady, A Roth IRA, fully funded right now (and every Jan 1) will capitalize on the low tax rates now. (No taxes on your gains could be huge later on down the road, but do be sure to check the income requirements; a tax deferred traditional IRA might be a better option for you depending on your estimated lifetime income down the road.)

If you want to grow it a bit harder, check out the Lending Club; they average around 4-6% ROI and it helps other folks (who are well qualified) invest in the economy. (I enjoy tossing money at them fairly regularly because of the latter point, and I typically get around a 5% gain.)

Either way, have fun kids :)

Its true, the individual tax rates are required to have a sunset clause because one cannot plan out deficits past their term. (AKA it's not fair to dump an impossible budget on the next group)

That said, the MSM's talking points on the matter do not account for the growth of the economy when they make that prediction; claiming that the economy won't grow enough to cover the lower individual tax rates. I have faith that they will, and that the money businesses bring into the USA will also.

Even if you doubt though, take advantage of these lower tax rates and plan for your future. You have at least 3 years, don't waste that time because everyone knows that if the Ds take it back in 2020 we're all going to get fucked...

Enjoy it now.

But they made the corporate tax cut permanent and the breaks for people making over $80,000 a year permanent?

Lucky for me I make over $80K
If dems could work with them, they wouldnt need reconciliation and they could make the individuals permanent.
The senate has some fucked up rules man.
I guess they picked corporations to be permanent because they contribute to economic growth while the individual side doesnt. At least as massive as the corporate side does.

Its true, the individual tax rates are required to have a sunset clause because one cannot plan out deficits past their term. (AKA it's not fair to dump an impossible budget on the next group)

That said, the MSM's talking points on the matter do not account for the growth of the economy when they make that prediction; claiming that the economy won't grow enough to cover the lower individual tax rates. I have faith that they will, and that the money businesses bring into the USA will also. I suspect the next group is going to be hard pressed /not/ to extend the individual tax rates.
Yes I have faith republicans will increase the deficit. They lie and say they are cutting spending and increase it instead. Every time.

Forum List

Back