How much did you pay per gallon the last time you fueled?

$4.29 for diesel in Missouri.

First time ever in 25 years of trucking I paid over $4 anywhere.

I think I know what the Freedom Convoy in DC will be protesting next.

Fuel surcharge went to 14 cents per mile yesterday pushing average freight rates over $4 per mile.

Expect inflation to rise much higher in the coming months as transportation prices soar.
Prices of everything will go up because the cost of transport is going up.

I'm in a pretty rural section of Florida and I paid $4.19. It's even worse when you go into town. How bad do you think it will get? Biden just banned Russian exports apparently. Is sticking it to Russia worth bleeding the American public even more? I'm still over here not giving a fuck about Ukraine.
3.79/gallon at 6 am this morning. Norton, Ohio
MAGA

I'm in a pretty rural section of Florida and I paid $4.19. It's even worse when you go into town. How bad do you think it will get? Biden just banned Russian exports apparently. Is sticking it to Russia worth bleeding the American public even more? I'm still over here not giving a fuck about Ukraine.

$3.79 in Central Texas yesterday.

FJB!

Since this is the first time there has ever been a sudden increase in petroleum products, we must forgive all those who insisted on grotesquely proportioned vehicles. If this had happened before, surely they would have learned to be more conservative in fuel consumption respects.
Perhaps if there is a next time?

Since this is the first time there has ever been a sudden increase in petroleum products, we must forgive all those who insisted on grotesquely proportioned vehicles. If this had happened before, surely they would have learned to be more conservative in fuel consumption respects.
Perhaps if there is a next time?
I remember back in the 1970 to early 80's when economy cars became poplar with some people because of the high price of gas (and shortages). Gas prices went to over a $1 in 1980.

The average mpg (Americans still stick to ancient measurement systems) is about 25. Plenty of very fine five passenger vehicles deliver 40 or more. Given the repetitive price and supply shocks we have had, it is difficult to feel much sympathy for such poor choices. If fuel consumption were closer to half of what it is, imports would be totally unnecessary.

The price yesterday was $1.92 a litre. That's $7.43 per gallon.

If sticking it to Russia will stop the REAL bleeding in the Ukraine, yes.

Seems this part needs reposted.

The US is about 1.9 million BPD above the 2020 COVID low and about 1.5 million BPD behind the pre COVID high in Feb of 2020.

At the current rate of growth for US oil production we will be above that 2020 high by Nov or Dec of this year. The US oil companies are also saying they will increase it even faster so we might top the 2020 high sooner than that

What happened to all the boot strap/ rugged/self made do it my self people? No one (in any political party) likes the increase in cost of anything. Half of the world would be happy to trade places with you. The lack of gratitude for what we do have, put on your big boy pants and roll with it, We have been here before.

What happened to all the boot strap/ rugged/self made do it my self people? No one (in any political party) likes the increase in cost of anything. Half of the world would be happy to trade places with you. The lack of gratitude for what we do have, put on your big boy pants and roll with it, We have been here before.
Tell that POS in the WH to resign.

Btw Dont piss down my back and tell me its raining

They're gonna keep sticking it to you nice and good until you're clamoring for one of those electric hoopties. They've got you playing their game. Captive market's gonna be captive...basically it's economic warfare on you. Because fuck you. That's why.

Personally, I'm just gonna choose to keep paying the cost of a gallon of gas, no matter what it is. I'm not participating in that whole limp-wristed electric hoopty thing, huh uh.

Plus now they wanna sneak in legislation to mandate kill switches? Pft. Kiss my ass. It's classic American muscle for me all the way from here on out. I'm old now anyway, so. lol.

Last edited:
$3.69 last Friday and $3.79 today when I drove past the station where I fill up, rural Southwestern South Dakota.

Forum List

Back