How many years would it take to mine enough lithium to make enough batteries to replace all of the internal combustion engines in the world?

I wish you could read. But I get it. It's fun making you look like a moron. You ignore the points I make and then try to address me like you are making some point.

LOL.

Moron.
I for one can't tell you how happy it makes me to be able to post on every page that low density energy sources aren't practical because of the amount of lithium required to hold a 110 tWh charge to replace the energy equivalence 65 million barrels of gasoline and diesel.

Pretty soon we'll be seeing other people make this argument too. And I have you to thank for it.

I for one can't tell you how happy it makes me to be able to post on every page that low density energy sources aren't practical because of the amount of lithium required to hold a 110 tWh charge to replace the energy equivalence 65 million barrels of gasoline and diesel.

Pretty soon we'll be seeing other people make this argument too. And I have you to thank for it.

I honestly had hoped to discuss things with you when I noted that indeed I believe you were an engineer at some point.

But you make it exceedingly difficult. You IGNORE what the other person says, consistently. You treat other people like meaningless stains. But the irony is that you come across as someone who lacks the mental flexibility to actually DISCUSS a topic. You don't seem to think very deeply on ANYTHING.

And when you're not flogging your one point while ignoring what everyone is saying to you, you are trolling and bragging about it.

You seem really messed up.

I will still agree that you were probably at some point a low level engineer taking orders and sitting rigs with the drillers.

Why don't you luddites step out of the way so that the world can advance? You seem to be really anti-development. Anti-R&D. I understand, the world has passed you by. You are no longer a viable part of the system. So you think the world should stop too.

Just enjoy your retirement and don't stand in the way of progress.
I'm guessing you crap your pants in rage whenever anyone suggests nuclear power.

Hahahaha! I see what you did there. Perhaps you are playing a more subtle game of irony here.

An engineer who doesn't believe technology can advance. I am starting to get it now. I wish I would have realized you aren't being serious earlier.
You have presented nothing that shows the technology can advance enough. NOTE: Your fantasies are not proof.

LOL.

Are you really illiterate? Because you have consistently ignored the key point I keep making.

I worry for you. If you can't read what business do you have typing out posts? Is your nurse helping you with this old timer?
Your key point:

unicorn rainbows.PNG

It's wishful thinking. It's not a sufficient justification to cripple civilization.

Like you actually care about things like that? What about the metals in your car right now and the metals in your electronics? You similarly bent about those mining conditions?

LOL
Right, because your car is not made of metals, plastics, electronics, or rare earth metals. None at all.

And you've already demonstrated you don't give a shit about how any of it's produced.

Environmentalists, it seems, don't actually care about the environment.
THank heavens I don't charge my car on the USMB servers!
Oh, look -- you don't actually give a damn how the electricity you use is generated, as long as EVERYONE KNOWS YOU'RE SAVING THE WORLD BY DRIVING AN ELECTRIC VEHICLE.

Yay you.
Nah, I just like making you fools look like they raving hypocrites you are.
Except you haven't actually done that.
Again...LIKE YOU CARE! You drive a combustion vehicle! LOL. Little kids develop asthma because YOU DRIVE TO WORK. You couldn't care less about the impact of ANYTHING unless you can try to score points on the Left.

Pathetic.
It's always funny when leftists believe they can read minds. You know you can't really do that, right?
Save your fake "care" about any of this.
Sure. Your fake care for the environment takes up all the room anyway.

I honestly had hoped to discuss things with you when I noted that indeed I believe you were an engineer at some point.

But you make it exceedingly difficult. You IGNORE what the other person says, consistently. You treat other people like meaningless stains. But the irony is that you come across as someone who lacks the mental flexibility to actually DISCUSS a topic. You don't seem to think very deeply on ANYTHING.

And when you're not flogging your one point while ignoring what everyone is saying to you, you are trolling and bragging about it.

I will still agree that you were probably at some point a low level engineer taking orders and sitting rigs with the drillers.
You don't want discussion. You want instant, unquestioning agreement and endorsement, because dammit! You're entitled to it! YOU DRIVE AN ELECTRIC CAR! OBVIOUSLY YOU'RE SUPERIOR TO THE PEASANTS!

Shoot. But you have to eliminate the impossible to arrive at the probable. However improbable or distasteful as it may be.

Do you feel better? I know you want to make this about me but it really is about the math.

I can't tell you how happy that makes me. :rolleyes:

Imagine how embarrassing it would have been for you taking this beating from just a lowly roughneck or roustabout. You should be glad I was a "low level engineer taking orders and sitting rigs with the drillers." :)

I can't tell you how happy that makes me. :rolleyes:

That's good. It's nice to know your level.

Imagine how embarrassing it would have been for you taking this beating from just a lowly roughneck or roustabout. You should be glad I was a "low level engineer taking orders and sitting rigs with the drillers." :)

Given your limited scientific comments (you usually snag one point and then slavishly stick to it unable to speak around it or expand on it) I can only assume what you were likely doing in your career.

Also it is quite clear you have no background in R&D or development. Like I said: you did what you were told. Not much more.

Good for you.

Very well, thank you. All your predictions are based on you wanting them to be true. And the basic math being presented by ding is not true because you don't want it to be true.

I have never questioned ding's math. You would have to be able to read to understand that.

My point is that his math is effectively meaningless because the goal is NOT to replace every gasoline car in the next year. And I have experience in R&D so I know that technology advances.

If you've never invented anything you wouldn't understand. Technology is a gift OTHERS give to you because you are unable to do anything like that.

Right, because your car is not made of metals, plastics, electronics, or rare earth metals. None at all.

Box of hammers. You can't really think I said anything like that, can you??? Wow.

And you've already demonstrated you don't give a shit about how any of it's produced.

Trust me I know more about all this stuff than you do.

Oh, look -- you don't actually give a damn how the electricity you use is generated, as long as EVERYONE KNOWS YOU'RE SAVING THE WORLD BY DRIVING AN ELECTRIC VEHICLE.

I do care. Which is why I went to the effort to install solar on my home. I can only control myself. You, however, just sit and kvetch. You don't believe in anything. So who cares what you think?

Sure. Your fake care for the environment takes up all the room anyway.

Very original of you!

Forum List

Back