How many years would it take to mine enough lithium to make enough batteries to replace all of the internal combustion engines in the world?

Hahahaha! I see what you did there. Perhaps you are playing a more subtle game of irony here.

An engineer who doesn't believe technology can advance. I am starting to get it now. I wish I would have realized you aren't being serious earlier.
Again... low energy density will be a limitation in ANY battery design. It's the nature of the technology. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Like I said, I'm getting your joke now. LOL.

A lot of other folks might assume you are serious, but that's only because you are doing such a good job trying to sound like this.
That wasn't a joke. All batteries suffer the same low energy density fate. That's what makes replacing 65 million barrels of gasoline and diesel impossible with batteries. Can't be done at a global scale. So, fossil fuels aren't going anywhere. The climate isn't going to change anymore than it usually does. It's all politics.

Again... low energy density will be a limitation in ANY battery design. It's the nature of the technology. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

But it's not just a matter of energy density. The part you are "forgetting" is that most actual climate scientists believe that we need to seriously attempt to decarbonize.

Your complaints are ONLY valid if you are right and the rest of the professional world is wrong.

I'm not really willing to bet our nation's future on some anonymous rando who doesn't know the difference between a gas tank and the gas inside the tank.

I'd prefer to stick with people who have actually DEVELOPED TECHNOLOGIES. They aren't stuck in the past with you.

It was perfectly analogous to this exchange. You took the bait and I've been playing with you on the line ever since.

What do you mean "playing with me"? By being a fucking douchebag and trolling?

You get your jollies that way?

What is wrong with you? Did you have a serious head injury on the drilling rig?

That wasn't a joke.

So you don't know how technology advances. Got it.

I should have known that when you had so much trouble understanding how patents work that you have never actually "invented" anything.

All batteries suffer the same low energy density fate.

If it was all a matter of energy density the Ford Nucleon would have won hands down.

That's what makes replacing 65 million barrels of gasoline and diesel impossible with batteries. Can't be done at a global scale. So, fossil fuels aren't going anywhere. The climate isn't going to change anymore than it usually does. It's all politics.

LOL. You wouldn't know. You were just a technician. Good for you. Do stuff other people tell you to do and it's an easy livin'.

LOL

Believe me when I say that NO ONE is surprised if the Li mining is currently less than some future forecast that is higher.

(That's actually pretty simple to understand)
Like I said, you just need more children to mine it for you.
Mine is. I have solar.
Your home is solar. Your internet and your account on USMB are not.

Do you not know how this works, or do you think your smug cancels it all out?

Meanwhile, solar cell production is an environmental nightmare, too.
Nice try.
It was correct. Only your end of your internet is solar. The rest of it isn't.

But it's not just a matter of energy density. The part you are "forgetting" is that most actual climate scientists believe that we need to seriously attempt to decarbonize.

Your complaints are ONLY valid if you are right and the rest of the professional world is wrong.

I'm not really willing to bet our nation's future on some anonymous rando who doesn't know the difference between a gas tank and the gas inside the tank.

I'd prefer to stick with people who have actually DEVELOPED TECHNOLOGIES. They aren't stuck in the past with you.
It most certainly is about energy density when determining the amount of resource needed to hold a charge of 110 tWh.

I did. It cost me almost exactly what a similarly sized and tricked out ICE vehicle costs.

Now I drive for free for the last 3 years. Charge at home on the solar and I pay nothing.

Sounds pretty sweet from where I'm sitting. But at least you guys can still bitch about the price of gas which is something I haven't had to even THINK about for 3 years now.
:auiqs.jpg:Anyone who buys an ICE vehicle will have to replace the battery in a few years, but it'll only cost $120.

How much will yours cost?

So you don't know how technology advances. Got it.

I should have known that when you had so much trouble understanding how patents work that you have never actually "invented" anything.

If it was all a matter of energy density the Ford Nucleon would have won hands down.

LOL. You wouldn't know. You were just a technician. Good for you. Do stuff other people tell you to do and it's an easy livin'.

LOL
Look all they have to do is increase their lithium production from 100,000 metric tons per year to about 1,770,000 metric tons per year and the problem is solved, right?

Look all they have to do is increase their lithium production from 100,000 metric tons per year to about 1,770,000 metric tons per year and the problem is solved, right?

LOL.

Are you really illiterate? Because you have consistently ignored the key point I keep making.

I worry for you. If you can't read what business do you have typing out posts? Is your nurse helping you with this old timer?

Like I said, you just need more children to mine it for you.

Like you actually care about things like that? What about the metals in your car right now and the metals in your electronics? You similarly bent about those mining conditions?

LOL

Your home is solar. Your internet and your account on USMB are not.

THank heavens I don't charge my car on the USMB servers!

Do you not know how this works, or do you think your smug cancels it all out?

Nah, I just like making you fools look like they raving hypocrites you are.

Meanwhile, solar cell production is an environmental nightmare, too.

Again...LIKE YOU CARE! You drive a combustion vehicle! LOL. Little kids develop asthma because YOU DRIVE TO WORK. You couldn't care less about the impact of ANYTHING unless you can try to score points on the Left.

Pathetic.

It was correct. Only your end of your internet is solar. The rest of it isn't.

Save your fake "care" about any of this.

LOL.

Are you really illiterate? Because you have consistently ignored the key point I keep making.

I worry for you. If you can't read what business do you have typing out posts? Is your nurse helping you with this old timer?
Again... there is no battery storage technology that is immune to the laws of physics. Battery storage has been and will always be a low energy density source. Simple math exposes the flaw in YOUR premise. So you have no point at all. You have pie in the sky, unicorn milk, fairy dust.

Again... there is no battery storage technology that is immune to the laws of physics. Battery storage has been and will always be a low energy density source. So you have no point at all. You have pie in the sky, unicorn milk, fairy dust.

I wish you could read. But I get it. It's fun making you look like a moron. You ignore the points I make and then try to address me like you are making some point.

LOL.

Moron.

Forum List

Back