How many of you know that 99.55% of COVID cases are mild or not hospitalized?

Everyone with a brain knows that. I just calculated that your actual chance of dying from Covid is around 16,000:1, about the same chance that today you might die from electrocution or radiation.

How many things WOULDN'T YOU DO just because there was a 1 in 16,000 chance of you dying from it. People drive every day even without a care though they have a 1 in 114 chance of dying doing it.

IN OTHER WORDS: 140 times more likely. Not TWICE. 140 times more likely of dying than Covid.

Who cares if you get it. All that matters is whether you will DIE from it.

You know Covid is all leftist BULLSHIT because all they do is try to spin the numbers to make it sound as bad as they can.

I think the research shows there can be serious, long-term health issues from having Covid-19. Death is not the only issue.
You're right. I actually know that because I'm very connected to the medical field. There can be permanent organ damage where the infection occurs. Still, much of the same can be said for food, cigarettes and many other things yet we don't shut down a nation in abject fear and gestapo restrictions.

Everyone with a brain knows that. I just calculated that your actual chance of dying from Covid is around 16,000:1, about the same chance that today you might die from electrocution or radiation.

How many things WOULDN'T YOU DO just because there was a 1 in 16,000 chance of you dying from it. People drive every day even without a care though they have a 1 in 114 chance of dying doing it.

IN OTHER WORDS: 140 times more likely. Not TWICE. 140 times more likely of dying than Covid.

You know Covid is all leftist BULLSHIT because all they do is try to spin the numbers to make it sound as bad as they can.

I think the research shows there can be serious, long-term health issues from having Covid-19. Death is not the only issue.
PLEASE Prove your statement! So easy to do an internet search to validate your subjective observation.

Yes, the percentage of those who get Covid-19 and require hospitalization is relatively small. The relative fatality percentage is also small.

But when you translate that into real numbers, based on a US population of 320 million, it doesn't look as good.

With a population of 320 million people, with 1.09% testing positive, a 96.12% survival rate comes to 237,120 people dying from the virus.

I also question the accuracy of the claim that 99.55% do not require hospitalization. Using the same numbers (320 million population, 1.09% testing positive) then only 27,360 people require hospitalization. But 237,120 died. Did 209,360 people get sick enough to die without going to a hospital? I find that hard to believe.
The flu will kill 10x that many before the next election.

Are we shutting down for 4 years?

Time to cut the bullshit.

So you are comparing the number of flu deaths in the next 4 years to the covid-19 numbers for the last 6 months?

The highest number for flu deaths that I have seen is 61k per year (and that varies from 21k to 61k). That comes to 244k in 4 years. That is hardly 10x the covid-19 numbers. Using the covid-19 deaths according to the OP's numbers, there are 237k deaths in the 6 months it has been active in the US.

PLEASE Prove your statement! So easy to do an internet search to validate your subjective observation.

I used the percentages yuo quoted in the OP and extrapolated them out using a US population of 320 million. I have not used any real or reported numbers. I simply showed that the numbers you posted are bogus. The simple fact that your numbers show 237k deaths and only 27k required hospitalization is enough to show that.

You're right. I actually know that because I'm very connected to the medical field. There can be permanent organ damage where the infection occurs. Still, much of the same can be said for food, cigarettes and many other things yet we don't shut down a nation in abject fear and gestapo restrictions.

Yes, there are a lot of things many of us do that cause problems. The difference is that I choose to smoke, or eat junk food. The issue with the covid-19 virus is that it is contagious even when you don't know you have it. Most people don't eat junk food or smoke without knowing it. And my smoking or eating junk food does not cause lung cancer or obesity in others (2nd hand smoke notwithstanding).

What a dumb ass analogy. Comparing Covid to cigarettes and food. Hey Doofus, can you tell me the differences between the Covid virus and Cigarettes? I mean a person with bovine spongiform encephalopathy wouldn't have made that vacuous comparison. Of course an individual with BSE still has more brains left then the Boob.

Remember were dealing with leftists. These are the same people who applaud Cuomo for his handling of the virus and want to run him for president and he is the leader of the state with the most infections and deaths.

Yes, the percentage of those who get Covid-19 and require hospitalization is relatively small. The relative fatality percentage is also small.

But when you translate that into real numbers, based on a US population of 320 million, it doesn't look as good.

With a population of 320 million people, with 1.09% testing positive, a 96.12% survival rate comes to 237,120 people dying from the virus.

I also question the accuracy of the claim that 99.55% do not require hospitalization. Using the same numbers (320 million population, 1.09% testing positive) then only 27,360 people require hospitalization. But 237,120 died. Did 209,360 people get sick enough to die without going to a hospital? I find that hard to believe.
OK... let's do your MATH...
A) 99.55% of tested positive did not require hospitalization.
B) That means that 0.45% or less than 1% tested positive required hospitalization
Now using YOUR math... 320 million Americans multiplied by 0.45% is: 1,440,000 requiring hospitalization.
BUT NOT all 320 million have been tested. Not all tested have COVID. Not all with Covid require hospitalization.
FACT that the table I submitted shows: of the 3,618,739 cases... 3,602,280 DO NOT REQUIRE HOSPItalization! OR 99.55%.
Do you understand?
A) 40% of the 330 million Americans have been tested and 3,618,739 TESTED POSITIVE
B) and of those tested positive, ONLY 16,459 are critical requiring hospitalization or .45% required hospitalization.

Also, the number provided by the link posted do not bear out the percentages.
The UK, according to the link, had 291,911 cases, with 45,053 fatalities. That comes to a 15% fatality rate.

It seems the numbers do not quite add up.

Government provided healthcare?

That could be. I am only using the numbers provided by the link in the OP. Gov't healthcare could very well be the reason for the high fatality rates.

WTF?
I agree. Time to cut your bullshit.
This is dumb. Even for you.

B) That means that 0.45% or less than 1% tested positive required hospitalization
Now using YOUR math... 320 million Americans multiplied by 0.45% is: 1,440,000 requiring hospitalization.
BUT NOT all 320 million have been tested. Not all tested have COVID. Not all with Covid require hospitalization.
FACT that the table I submitted shows: of the 3,618,739 cases... 3,602,280 DO NOT REQUIRE HOSPItalization! OR 99.55%.
Do you understand?
A) 40% of the 330 million Americans have been tested and 3,618,739 TESTED POSITIVE
B) and of those tested positive, ONLY 16,459 are critical requiring hospitalization or .45% required hospitalization.

Your numbers claim that 99.55% of all covid-19 cases did not require hospitalization.
Your numbers also claim that 96.12% of the cases survived.

How can the "no hospitalization" numbers be so much higher than the fatality numbers? Did the majority of the deaths occur without any hospitalization?

Do you understand?

In the OP you stated that 15% of the population has been tested. In the post above that changed to 40%. Did we test 25% of the population this morning?

The issue with the covid-19 virus is that it is contagious even when you don't know you have it.

That is what they claim. Kind of like if a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it, did it really fall?

And if everyone is sick and contagious but no one knows it, does it really matter?

Sooner or later, everyone will be exposed to it. Sooner or later, everyone who is vulnerable to it will die from it.

All we're trying to do is stretch it out as long as possible to limit the impact to the healthcare industry--- --- at the expense of everyone else's lives, savings, jobs, business and economy.

The STUPIDEST thing I have ever seen.

Lets do your math again... comparing apples to apples... not as you did apples to oranges!
A) 330 million Americans ... as of now 40% have been tested. 3,618,739 cases or 8.07% tested have COVID.
B) Assuming ALL Americans are tested and the "Active cases are 8.07% positive.. or 26,626,387 Americans tested positive.
C) Now of those 99.5% DON"T require hospitalization or 121,104 require hospitalization or .45%!
FACTS not guesses.

The issue with the covid-19 virus is that it is contagious even when you don't know you have it.

That is what they claim. Kind of like if a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it, did it really fall?

And if everyone is sick and contagious but no one knows it, does it really matter?

Sooner or later, everyone will be exposed to it. Sooner or later, everyone who is vulnerable to it will die from it.

All we're trying to do is stretch it out as long as possible to limit the impact to the healthcare industry--- --- at the expense of everyone else's lives, savings, jobs, business and economy.

The asymptomatic period is 7 to 10 days after exposure. After that, you run a fever and are sick. Sometimes very sick.

Comparing Covid to cigarettes and food. Hey Doofus, can you tell me the differences between the Covid virus and Cigarettes?

Whate'er you say, Red.

grating-the-red-cabbage.jpg

The asymptomatic period is 7 to 10 days after exposure. After that, you run a fever and are sick. Sometimes very sick.

Then why haven't we simply shut down EVERYTHING totally 100% for two weeks like I've been saying many times and just be DONE with it?

Do you understand?

In the OP you stated that 15% of the population has been tested. In the post above that changed to 40%. Did we test 25% of the population this morning?
You are right I used the wrong figure. IT is 40% as described in this link: Coronavirus Update (Live): 13,759,389 Cases and 588,267 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

Forum List

Back