How many gun owners are here?

Accuracy increases exponentially with increased barrel length. However, longer barrel handguns make poor CC guns (when dressed for warm weather).

Yes, barrel length is critical, but with one caveat. Once the powder burns up, additional length is no an advantage.

i.e. Most .270Win ammo burns the powder in 21 to 22 inches. A 24 inch barrel isn't as advantagous.

Nah, max range is about 25 feet. Beyond that you are pissing up a rope.
You need to clarify that. Max EFFECTIVE range is short, but even a two-inch barrel has a range measured in hundreds of yards. You might not be able to hit something smaller than a barn, but the round will carry that far.

I have no idea how many. :dunno:

I carry a 1970 Colt Cobra snubby for my EDC weapon along with a reload. I don't feel under-gunned at all.

Believe me, if you shot a intruder in the boiler room with a Type 38 (6.5mm) or Type 99 (7.7mm) Arisaka they would have a real rough time of it. ;)

In CA or the other occupied states a lot of folks make do with either a shotgun or a lever action in a revolver caliber like a Marlin, Henry, or Rossi in .357 or .44 mag for HD. I believe the standard mag capacity is 9-10 rounds.
Same boat here .. I carry the FN 5.7 or the Springfield 1911 in 45 ACP. Long gun in the vehicle is either the Steyr Aug in 5.56 or the Kel-Tech KS-7 in a backpack that looks like a racquetball racquet case.

I equivocate drug use to guns. It's all about how they are used. I'm anbadvocate for full legalization of all drugs. And guns are protected.

I own 4 guns.

Remington 1100
M1 Carbine
Ruger .22 LR bolt tube feed w/scope
Beretta Nano

You sure it isn't a Remington. 22?

Ruger's use 10 round box magazine's.

You sure it isn't a Remington. 22?

Ruger's use 10 round box magazine's.
Oops, was a long night celebrating Chief's Super Bowl win!

It's a Marlin 981T

I use it a lot to shoot varmints in the city with Subsonic CCI Hollow Points.

c999a972a2f4012f5393125915f3f711.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't owned in several years. I legally can't anymore cause Medicare and VA declared me incompetent because I can't handle my finances. I sold all my weapons to either friends or at a gun show. At least where I live is basically safe, I am in a Marine Town full of Marines and retirees.

Forum List

Back