How many gun owners are here?

Nonsense.

Revolvers are perfectly accurate and far more reliable than pistols.

Sub-nose revolvers require practice to shoot accurately, as opposed to revolvers with longer barrels.

What’s sad is this sort of ignorance about firearms.

Demonstrated most eloquently by you, and your dumbass statements here.

ATFWatch.jpg

I own four guns, no AR-15s. Some old WWII rifles and my 12th birthday present, a single shot .22 rifle. Plus an older .38 special snubbie. I don't shoot them much anymore because California. (sucks).
I have to say, sadly, the snubbie is my most important gun now. Sad, as it's inaccurate and not modern, but it is a self defense weapon.
It would be possible to shoot an intruder with an Imperial Japanese battle rifle, I suppose, but not bloody likely.I
I own several firearms, both pre-20th century and modern ones. My conceal carry tends to be my Glock 30.

I just bought a Sipahi 12 ga with a 28" barrel. I look forward to shooting it this weekend. As for rest, I lost them in a tragic boating fire...

Nah, max range is about 25 feet. Beyond that you are pissing up a rope.
You nailed it. I practice with my Glock 42, .380 at 8 yards. I can keep them in an 8-inch group at that range. Beyond that I'm all over the place. I also have a .22 revolver with a four-inch barrel. I can skip beer cans across the ground at 40 yards with it.

You nailed it. I practice with my Glock 42, .380 at 8 yards. I can keep them in an 8-inch group at that range. Beyond that I'm all over the place. I also have a .22 revolver with a four-inch barrel. I can skip beer cans across the ground at 40 yards with it.

My wife and I both have snubbies. Hers is a S&W Mod 36, I carry a Colt Detective Special.

I have around 20 guns. Some old heirlooms. Some modern ones. Nothing particularly exotic. I own 2 semiauto rifles. A 10/22 and a Springfield M1A.

I also have what I consider the perfect southeastern deer rifle. A Ruger No. 1 Light Sporter in .270Win.

I always favored a Colt Snubby over a J-Frame S&W, even the K-Frame ones for that matter.

I can shoot a 70s era Cobra or Det. Special as well as a 4" S&W....Weird.

My girlfriend really likes her J-Frame. And she is good with it.

I have tried snubbies, but I always end up back with an M1911.

My wife and I both have snubbies. Hers is a S&W Mod 36, I carry a Colt Detective Special.
I'm looking for a better carry gun. My Glock 42 only feels balanced if I have an extended magazine in it, otherwise it's top heavy.

Nonsense.

Revolvers are perfectly accurate and far more reliable than pistols.

Sub-nose revolvers require practice to shoot accurately, as opposed to revolvers with longer barrels.

What’s sad is this sort of ignorance about firearms.
Revolvers are a type of pistol.
I'm guessing you might have meant semi-automatic pistols, another type of "pistol".;)
Kept clean, properly handled, and magazine load tight, semi-autos have advantage of holding more rounds than revolvers, less bulky, and quicker to reload if you have additional magazines.

You are right - "What's sad is this sort of ignorance about firearms.":rolleyes:

Nah, max range is about 25 feet. Beyond that you are pissing up a rope.
Accuracy increases exponentially with increased barrel length. However, longer barrel handguns make poor CC guns (when dressed for warm weather).

California CCW ( Since 2012 ) and More AR pattern weapons than Fingers & Toes and a decent collection of Com Bloc AK/ AKM pattern Weapons & Various & Sundry SKS & Brit FAL ( L1A1 ) and a decent Glock collection and ex LEO Miami Vice Era Smith and WW2 Bringback War trophy 1911A1 ...

Forum List

Back