How many are collecting Govt paychecks doing nothing

True, true and true. My point on this was that the office was created because we sold physical products--widgets. The folks in the front office had to be there because there wasn't telecommunications, computerized inventories, etc... Now there is. A guy in New Delhi knows if your inventory has bought something out of your inventory (theoretically) before someone on the shop floor does. If the office had never been "invented", I doubt anyone would be saying, "Gee whiz, we need to have everyone in the same place."

I agree.

Being a veteran I know that the VA Choice program which is what Trump claimed credit for was actually a law passed and signed by Obama in 2014.

WW

Trump just made it even easier to get an appt outside of the VA system.

One does not need the same discipline at home, they need a different sort of discipline.

Take my brother for example...My brother is an architect, he has been working from home since COVID. He moved once they made them remote a hour north of the city they were in and has 10 acres now. He works, does stuff on the land, does more work....rinse and repeat. When his employer tried to make him come back to the office he said he would leave the firm, so they asked if they could ship his chair to him and gave him a raise to keep him from leaving.

They get more work out of him now as the time he would have spent commuting he often spends working.

Remote work for the most part should be be hourly based, it should be based upon doing the job. Far too many people conflate time being at work as working, but often the two are not the same.
Agree. The "just get it done" mentality is king in the WFH environment. The guy from Office Space obsessed with making sure nobody had that red stapler...he's the rule; not the exception unfortunately. What could it possibly matter?

Being a veteran I know that the VA Choice program which is what Trump claimed credit for was actually a law passed and signed by Obama in 2014.

WW
That wasn't the overall issues, so dig deeper.

Agree. The "just get it done" mentality is king in the WFH environment. The guy from Office Space obsessed with making sure nobody had that red stapler...he's the rule; not the exception unfortunately. What could it possibly matter?

and it is very easy to get distracted in an office environment. So many people around to talk to.

and it is very easy to get distracted in an office environment. So many people around to talk to.
Poor management... An issue in some cases, but for the most part it's best for another example to (be in school than to be home schooled or locked down or introverted etc). Yes the school analogy can also be used when talking about human beings.

We place too many expectations on workers. Working has become a real drag for most people. It's a necessary thing they don't enjoy.

Poor management...

same holds true for remote workers not getting their work done.

An issue in some cases, but for the most part it's best for another example to (be in school than to be home schooled or locked down or introverted etc). Yes the school analogy can also be used when talking about human beings.

Seems a bad analogy as children need to learn to interact with other human beings, adults should already have this skill and have many other avenues for doing so

Well of course it has, especially in a new wokester society.
Wokeness or not it's been this way for a loooooooong time. American workers are pushed to the brink. They're tired and stressed. It's up to the nation to figure out ways to make their existence better.

same holds true for remote workers not getting their work done.

Seems a bad analogy as children need to learn to interact with other human beings, adults should already have this skill and have many other avenues for doing so
Human beings whether children or not still need to interact with each other, because one can lose their skills or character if locked down, works from home, becomes introverted, anti-socialble, left to one's own devices etc. etc. etc.

What's the true success rates of working from home verses working from the office ?

Wokeness or not it's been this way for a loooooooong time. American workers are pushed to the brink. They're tired and stressed. It's up to the nation to figure out ways to make their existence better.
I can agree, but you know how we are at making things better these days... ROTFLMBO 🤣

It takes years sometimes before we wake up and wish for the "GOOD OLD DAYS", and especially once we see the negative effects that our dumbselves had caused or otherwise brought upon ourselves because we got lost in our non-common sense thinking.

What's the true success rates of working from home verses working from the office ?

PwC conducted a similar survey of 1,200 US office workers and 120 executives in 2020. 73% percent of those executives surveyed found that working remotely has been a success.

PwC survey also found that 72% of those workers surveyed would like to continue working from home for at least 2 days a week even when they can go back to the office full time. 32% said they would like to work from home permanently.

The same executives in the PwC survey expected to need 30% less office space in the next three years.

On a more personal experience...

My BIL has been working from home for more than 20 years. He has not had an office to to go during that whole time. He worked for ATT as a telecom engineer. When they downsized they got rid of all of them and contracted the work out. His last day with ATT was a Friday and on Monday he was working for the same person, but was now a contractor instead of an ATT employee. Over the last 20ish years he has had a few different employers, but has never had to go to an office the entire time.

Forum List

Back