CDZ How is Transgender Theory Different from Religion?

Ok. I'll admit I was wrong.
Can you prove there is a god and produce that evidence now? I'll bet you can't and you know it.
The burden of proof is on anyone who believes there. Start now.

Here's a bit to help you understand about burden of proof. Being an atheist, I don't have to prove anything because what I believe is everywhere. Nothing. The same view to a godbotherer sees a god.
One of us is wrong and hearing in mind no evidence for 2000 years, It's not looking good for your childish assumptions.

You...claimed...God...does...not...exist.
Burden of proof lies with he who makes the claim - can you prove your claim true or not?

I think you are confused. The burden of proof lies on the person making the claim.

You claim there is an all-powerful pixie in the sky who created the universe. Um... Okay, where is your proof he exists? I mean, you have the Bible, a bunch of contradictory fairy stories that frankly don't really paint God in a good light.

An assertion such as yours. Indeed.

This only mean you understand you need extraordinary evidence to prove your claim.

So... show us your proof.

Show us yours.

Okay. I think Unicorns exist. Show me your proof they don't.

Gender dysphoria is an observable psychological condition that has existed throughout history. It is not an "ideology," as it is not a belief system, and comparing it with a religion, Christian or otherwise, is totally absurd. Moreover, just mentioning that this condition exists among humans is not "championing" it. Also, there are several different usages of the word "feel" in English. Context is important. It can be used to describe momentary experiences, like feeling sad, cold, hungry, spiritually inspired, afraid. It also can be used to more permanent on-going psychological experiences and things that one has always known about one's inner self. Every one of us has an inner self that probably is something that we are born with. Put a few four-year-olds in a toy store and tell them that they can play with anything they want, without any interference from an adult, and watch what each gravitates toward.

Writing about gender issues is difficult in general due to the danger of becoming ensnared by cultural norms that enforce stereotypes that have nothing to do with the individual.

Writing about Christianity is also difficult due to the fact that it is a generic term that does not account for the fact that there are many different groups of Christians with widely varying beliefs. Some groups reject people who have gender dysphoria and others don't reject people on this or any other ground. Sadly, what has been long ignored is the personal spiritual beliefs of the transgendered and others who are the subject of these controversies.

This is one of the most bizarre threads I've seen on USMB.
And to call it bizarre rather than timely! What pathologies are involved in any binding “normativity”, this becoming-normativity of transgenderism ?

Narcissus at the Pool

Shults has diagrammed the theological link to ambiguity, which is also intimate to gender dysphoria, especially when the organism is compromised by the hormones and lack of information of adolescence. So the reader may take a pencil and paper to reconstruct Shult’s diagram:

Make a cross. At North, write “Sociographic Promiscuity.” East: “Anthropomorphic Prudery.” South: “Sociographic Prudery.” West: “Anthropomorphic Promiscuity.” An arrow transects the cross, with the point of the arrow pointing in a Southwest direction at the label: “Integrated Theogonic Forces.”
(Shults, Iconoclastic Theology: Gilles Deleuze and the Secretion of Atheism, p. 10)

The Catholic-CIA puppet JoeXi and his sleep-up are now trafficking mostly (machismo [italics]) genuflectors across the U.S.-Mexican border, while the Chinese communist media is chastising “sissy boys.” This crotch-clownism projected by the media also affects the impressions formed by those adolescents suffering from gender dysphoria. Narcissus at the Pool.

’Sociographic (prudes [italics]) are stronly ciommitted to the authorized social norms of their in-group, following and protecting them even at great cost to themselves....The sociographic (promiscuity [it.]) of those at the other end of the spectrum, on the other hand, leads them to be more open to intercourse with with out-groups about alternate normativities and to the pursuit of of new modes of social inscription. Such persons are also less likely to accept moralistic restrictions that are based primarily on appeals to convention. The evolutionary default is toward the integration of anthropomorphic promiscuity and sociographic prudery.....Why? In the environment of our early ancestors (Late Pleistocene Africa) the selective advantage went to hominids whose cognitive capacities enabled them to detect relevant agents In the (natural [it.]) environment, and whose groups were adequately protected from the dissolution that could result from too many defectors and cheaters in the (social [it.]) environment.’
(Shults, op cit, p.11)

"Participants of the national referendum in Switzerland approved same-sex marriage, but opposed an increase in the capital tax"

The matrix works. Brainwashed like a piece of glass.

After all, that's why the dealers are running around with the first, so that people do not remember about the second...

Forum List

Back