How Is Inflation Affecting You?

Inflation? What's that? I am 75 now. I got a VA pension 5 years ago and just 3 months ago, I signed up for Social Security. Because I waited 10 years, they gave me $13,000 cash and started me out at $1762 per month on the third Wednesday of every month, and I also get to keep my VA pension, so I am now getting just shy of $3000 per month until I die. And the best part is, 3 of my 4 grandparents lived into their mid 80's and one was killed in a train accident at 67. Inflate away.
At the current rate of fuel price increases and food price inflation--you'll get to eat for a week a month. Lets Go Brandon.

Inflation? What's that? I am 75 now. I got a VA pension 5 years ago and just 3 months ago, I signed up for Social Security. Because I waited 10 years, they gave me $13,000 cash and started me out at $1762 per month on the third Wednesday of every month, and I also get to keep my VA pension, so I am now getting just shy of $3000 per month until I die. And the best part is, 3 of my 4 grandparents lived into their mid 80's and one was killed in a train accident at 67. Inflate away.

Cool!
You're riding the front of the Titanic, on top of the world!!

:safetocomeoutff:

Banking money is actually not a great idea in run away inflation.
Problem is, savings interest rates are far, far behind inflation. You are loosing money.

Think real assets.
Don't know how long that hedge will last. Banking industry is figuring housing costs can be 60% of income. The last time that happened--the housing bubble burst. Hoovervilles on the horizon only this time they will be Bidenburbs.

We're spoiled but they're happy. I know which I'd prefer.

Speak for yourself. I am very happy. I would not be happy in a shoebox. If you live in the equivalent in the US, you may juust be living in a blue run inner city.

It would have been the same under Trump…this is worldwide, something the president doesn’t have much control over, just like the worldwide crash from covid.
Like hell. Trillions in government expenditures cause inflation. You must have fallen asleep in Economics class.
When uncle Jojo killed the pipeline and oil drilling, he sent the price of petroleum soaring. Get it? Scarcity makes prices go up. MEMORIZE THAT.

My grocery bill is considerably higher and going out to eat has become so expensive it really is not worth it anymore. Last time I went out, my normal bill at my favorite place went from $80 to $160.

I am not paying 160 bucks for a nice meal, that has gotten stupid.

Most of the other places I like to go out to eat simply went out of business. Quite sad to see so many empty storefronts.

It has become cheaper for me to eat at a restaurant than buy groceries.

Progressives are running small business restaurants into the ground. You know they have great taste, Burger King is so awesome.

It's annoying but that's about it.

I've ben through worse when I made less and got through it

propane delivered to the tank has risen from $1.839 per gallon to $2.399 per gallon since last year. That's a 76.6% increase since last year.
It's actually a 30.4% increase, but I understand how 76.6% sounds so much scarier.
You care to explain your math?

He got it backwards - 1.8399 is 76.6% of 2.399

That is not a difficult mistake to make.
Sure, if you don't understand math.

Logic should have told him that 76.6% is NOT even close to a reasonable answer.

Sure. That is the way it works with presidents. Just like Trump claims credit for a good economy, he also get’s the blame for it crashing.
Actually not. You would be blaming him for Covid, essentially, because that was what caused our economic hardships.

Biden is doing essentially nothing to stop it, instead proposing multi-trillion-dollar spending bills to congress.

It's like a broken vase, instead of cleaning the pieces, you take a sledgehammer and make even smaller pieces while putting holes in the floor. Never mind replacing the vase. You're just making a bigger mess and causing more damage in the process.

Sure. That is the way it works with presidents. Just like Trump claims credit for a good economy, he also get’s the blame for it crashing.

I don't know anybody that blames him for the economy crashing........at least not anybody honest.

When you credit or discredit somebody for pro or con, you need to provide proof as to what they did to cause it. In both Trump and his great economy and Biden with destroying our country, we can point to things they actually did to make it that way.

And as far as how inflation is affecting me and my grandmother...

I am having to parse out the grocery spending so our finances don't take one giant hit from buying it all at once. We have to buy what we need as the needs arise. It saves us from having to buy that one extra thing at the end of the month, fixed incomes being what they are...

Forum List

Back