How individuals can fight back against China

Since the OP won't give the cliff notes, I will.

The video speaker goes by "Serpentza" on Youtube. He is South African. He lived and worked in China for many years, mostly teaching English. He has a Chinese wife. He was known for making videos on life in China. He recently left China for good, citing the Chinese policy of increasing hostility to any foreigners.

The video basically says:

1. Don't buy Chinese. When you buy on Amazon, try to figure out if it's a Chinese seller.

2. Make sure your investments aren't being invested in China.

3. On campus, realize that the "Confucious Institute" is an arm of the CCP. It's there to spy on Chinese students, and try to squash any campus talk that criticizes the CCP. It has also rebranded itself under other names now.

4. There's a browser plugin called "Cultivate" that can show you, on Amazon, where the seller's country of origin is.
Thanks for the summary.

Many people (including me) are not going to watch that video.

The brutal fact is that we ordinary nobodies cannot "punish" the Chinese.

And the important people in this country will never stop kowtowing to the Chinese because of lucrative financial connections.

Most things (such as clothing or bathroom scales or thermometers, etc.) are made in that terrible nation, so it's almost impossible to boycott its products.

At the very least, Americans should stop visiting China, but many won't. They claim that they are disgusted by China's abominable human rights record, but they still board cruise ships headed to China!

Only about 7% of ALL Chinese citizens from the mainland are members of the Chinese Communist Party.
Dont insult my intelligence posting half truths like that

i know better and so should should you

china is a communist dictatorship where everyone serves the state either directly or indirectly

and so it is for chinese students studying st American universities

Last edited:
Since the OP won't give the cliff notes, I will.

The video speaker goes by "Serpentza" on Youtube. He is South African. He lived and worked in China for many years, mostly teaching English. He has a Chinese wife. He was known for making videos on life in China. He recently left China for good, citing the Chinese policy of increasing hostility to any foreigners.

The video basically says:

1. Don't buy Chinese. When you buy on Amazon, try to figure out if it's a Chinese seller.

2. Make sure your investments aren't being invested in China.

3. On campus, realize that the "Confucious Institute" is an arm of the CCP. It's there to spy on Chinese students, and try to squash any campus talk that criticizes the CCP. It has also rebranded itself under other names now.

4. There's a browser plugin called "Cultivate" that can show you, on Amazon, where the seller's country of origin is.
@Unkotare is an odd duck

he bristles at me when I post the video but then posts a thanks for this post that says the same thing

I wonder if he even watched the video before launching his attacks?

At the very least, Americans should stop visiting China, but many won't. They claim that they are disgusted by China's abominable human rights record, but they still board cruise ships headed to China!
Cruise ships? That's a mighty long cruise.

china is a communist dictatorship where everyone serves the state either directly or indirectly

and so it is for chinese [sic] students studying st [sic] American universities
Did you ever study logic in school? Do you even know what it means?

Did you ever study logic in school? Do you even know what it means?
Thats your response to this?

@@@@@@

@@@@@@@

just a personal attack?

Thats your response to this?

That was my response to an illogical statement. How many Chinese people, in the US and in China, have you specifically and directly asked about their views on the CCP?

That was my response to an illogical statement. How many Chinese people, in the US and in China, have you specifically and directly asked about their views on the CCP?
Its really snobbish for you think that you know it all and others know nothing

it doesnt matter how many chinese you may have rubbed elbows with

if you are seeing them through rose colored classes you are not a credible source

I have known chinese people from the mainland, Taiwan and Hong Kong

and I listen to people like Winston in the video who have extensive experience in china - probably more than you in fact

and I even listen to the white monkey pro CCP shills that you seem to prefer

I did install the "cultivate" browser extension. It seems to work well -- showing the home location of Amazon vendors -- and to just do what it advertises. So I have to thank the OP for pointing me to that.

Its really snobbish for you think that you know it all and others know nothing

it doesnt matter how many chinese you may have rubbed elbows with

if you are seeing them through rose colored classes you are not a credible source

I have known chinese people from the mainland, Taiwan and Hong Kong

and I listen to people like Winston in the video who have extensive experience in china - probably more than you in fact

and I even listen to the white monkey pro CCP shills that you seem to prefer
You speak from ignorance and fear, and you still try to justify your weakness.

Is that your evidence that the man in the video is a RWNJ?
No, its evidence that the rise of China is a direct correlation to how we purchase things in this nation. Low price wins; usually. And as a result, the low cost manufacturers have an advantage. Most often the low cost manufacturers are based in China and the Far East.

No, its evidence that the rise of China is a direct correlation to how we purchase things in this nation. Low price wins; usually. And as a result, the low cost manufacturers have an advantage. Most often the low cost manufacturers are based in China and the Far East.
What are you babbling about?

you made a personal attack on the critic of mainland china as ruled by the CCP - without I suspect even watching the video

you called him a rightwing nutjob when he is far from that

as I said he is probably more liberal than you on most issues

What are you babbling about?

you made a personal attack on the critic of mainland china as ruled by the CCP - without I suspect even watching the video

you called him a rightwing nutjob when he is far from that

as I said he is probably more liberal than you on most issues
I called him a nut job?

China is where it is because we buy things from them. Period. Full stop.

Forum List

Back