Votes: 1 5.6%
  • with brown sugar

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • with artificial sweeteners

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • with other things

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
There are several that couldn't be made today, and that's a shame.
Screenshot_20230712-003716-438.png

How do you take your coffee usually?
I was a 4 to 6 cup a day coffee drinker, milk and sweetener. I developed Type II Diet-beetus and was on statins and graduated to including Trulicity injections.

I finally changed my diet and am off all meds. Among other changes, I cold turkey started drinking coffee black, what an experience! Without milk and sweetener, coffees have an amazingly diverse range of tastes. Gas station and convenience store coffee is undrinkable. I have some absolute favorites and I’ll grind great beans every morning for the French press

Viva La difference!

A little sugar (usually brown sugar, i just like it) and almond milk. Never ever the artificial sweeteners.

I like flavored coffee ..........now i am having some hazelnut flavored coffee with sugar free cupcake syrup and some Premier Protein caramel protein shake in it !

Only about a 1/3 tsp sugar in a large mug. At home I put a small splash of milk to give it a little body.
I only brew Sumatra coffee, and use the pour over method.

Only about a 1/3 tsp sugar in a large mug. At home I put a small splash of milk to give it a little body.
I only brew Sumatra coffee, and use the pour over method.

Do yourself a favor...................if you can find Yergacheefe coffee beans, get enough for a few cups and treat yourself. If you like Sumatra, you'll probably like that.

Light creme and sugar. If I can't have both then just black.

And I can't stress this enough. I like coffee flavored coffee, none of that shit that tastes like someone filtered it through a box of cinnamon toast crunch or used maple syrup to brew it instead of water.

Light creme and sugar. If I can't have both then just black.

And I can't stress this enough. I like coffee flavored coffee, none of that shit that tastes like someone filtered it through a box of cinnamon toast crunch or used maple syrup to brew it instead of water.

Easiest way to get around that if you order at a coffee shop is to ask for an extra shot of espresso to go in it.

Dunkin Donuts does that now. I like to get an iced coffee with cream and liquid sugar (granulated won't dissolve easily in iced drinks), with an extra shot of espresso in it.

If I'm feeling like I want something sweet, their various flavors ain't bad if you put an extra shot in them, as it gives the drink an underlying definite coffee flavor.

Easiest way to get around that if you order at a coffee shop is to ask for an extra shot of espresso to go in it.

Dunkin Donuts does that now. I like to get an iced coffee with cream and liquid sugar (granulated won't dissolve easily in iced drinks), with an extra shot of espresso in it.

If I'm feeling like I want something sweet, their various flavors ain't bad if you put an extra shot in them, as it gives the drink an underlying definite coffee flavor.

Not a bad idea but I never liked anything except regular old coffee grinds with water filtered through it.

Chock full of nuts is usually the brand I buy for myself to keep at home.

Then again I don't care for flavored drinks really. Coffee, beer, ice tea unsweetened and orange juice are pretty much all I drink.

I'll tell my wife what you said though, sounds like she might like your method

Not a bad idea but I never liked anything except regular old coffee grinds with water filtered through it.

Chock full of nuts is usually the brand I buy for myself to keep at home.

Then again I don't care for flavored drinks really. Coffee, beer, ice tea unsweetened and orange juice are pretty much all I drink.

I'll tell my wife what you said though, sounds like she might like your method

I understand not being fond of flavored drinks, but if you're ever feeling like taking a chance, I recommend an iced Nitro Salted Caramel from Dunkin Donuts with an extra shot of espresso. Yeah, it's gonna be a bit flavored (sort of like a coffee shake), but it ain't bad.

Makes for a nice change of pace every now and again.

The cultural proximity with Italy is evident here in the way coffee is ordered. At the counter you can ask for an espresso, a cheio (long), a duplo (double) or a pingado (macchiato). But if you want to try out a local specialty, you have to ask for galão: three parts whipped hot milk and one part coffee, served in a glass. If you instead want to try something different, order a mazagran, which combines the classic taste of espresso with ice and lemon, an unusual combination but perfect to combat the summer heat.

☕
Best served with: pastéis de nata, traditional custard tarts.

Forum List

Back