how do you know if its good?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
lets say you make something like fucking risotto....which you have never had at any place but have seen on hell's kitchen so much you decide to try it...so you cook it...and taste it...and how do you know if its right or not?

i did the whole add liquid slowly...adding cream the last two times.....it was okay.....a bit firm to the tooth....

i did veggie broth and parm cheese

no no it was an app....not a side.....i cooked...risotto....seared tuna ....salad....no dessert...we started late....seems it was shocking to our guest that i cooked the tuna but did not eat it.....they did go on about how good it was and how well cooked......to me....its like cat food......so i had the salad and risotto...but i have cooked stuff before that was good but totally wrong

Everything has varying degrees of correctness. Just look at a simple thing like a hamburger. Many variations. Which one is right? The pure basic meat patty with nothing but ground beef? Its the same with other recipes.

lets say you make something like fucking risotto....which you have never had at any place but have seen on hell's kitchen so much you decide to try it...so you cook it...and taste it...and how do you know if its right or not?

i did the whole add liquid slowly...adding cream the last two times.....it was okay.....a bit firm to the tooth....

You probably did it right. I've had it once in Italy and made it a few times myself with mixed results. They use saffron in Italy, though, and I can't afford to put that in my food. I've never used cream, though. I add some butter at the end, but I've seen people say you shouldn't do that.

When I make it, I dice onions and cook them in butter till they're translucent. I add the short/medium grain rice (either Italian, Mexican or Japanese). I toss the rice until the butter covers everything. Then I add warm/hot white wine and cook until the wine is incorporated. Then I slowly add hot chicken broth in small amounts. Then, when it's cooked, I add tons of cheese and some pepper.

Putting in too much liquid or liquid that's not hot enough shocks the rice and it doesn't cook right. I've done that a few times.

Usually when I make something new, I just go by how it tastes.

Why don't you just make some fucking oatmeal? Then it will be easy to know if you fucked up.

If my stomach doesn't start doing flips and I don't start blowing chunks, then I'd say it was good to me :)

word is....not cooked long enough.....

that i added the right amount of liquid but needed to lower the heat to low and then cook for 30 minutes or so

Secret to risotto?
Use a pan not a pot.
Heat the liquids before you add them, adding cooler liquids stops the cooking process and will also give you varying degrees of doneness.

If you have done risotto right - it will be firm - not dry like a pilaf. And have a creamy texture to it....that's about it.

From the thread title, I thought this would be about sex.

Didn't even have to look at the user name, I knew this answer from coming from a man :lol:

It was my first thought as well.:dunno:

Hey, how YOOOO doin'?

how-you-doin.jpg

Forum List

Back