Zone1 What Do You Call This Church, Is It Christian?

Is this a good statement?

On what basis?
Jesus went out in the world and gave of himself for the outcasts and powerless. He made himself the example of how we should act. If more Christians lived by his example I would be proud to count myself among them.

Jesus went out in the world and gave of himself for the outcasts and powerless. He made himself the example of how we should act. If more Christians lived by his example I would be proud to count myself among them.

Jesus is the Son of God. He was perfect.

Two things at play here:

1. You are minimalizing the impact of Christians on the world and

2. You are not understanding, or willfully MISunderstanding, that the fact that we cannot be like Christ is exactly why He had to die.

He was not JUST a teacher or an example. He was a sacrifice. A Savior. But you know this, you just reject it. It is your right, of course.

Yes. I've noted that many times.

You insist this is Christian? Then why did Jesus have to die if this is true?

You cannot believe this and be Christian. Yes, God is good. We are fallen. That's the Gospel.

Original Blessing
We are spiritual beings, created in God’s image. The essence of God lives within each person; therefore, all people are inherently good.

Jesus is the Son of God. He was perfect.

Two things at play here:

1. You are minimalizing the impact of Christians on the world and

2. You are not understanding, or willfully MISunderstanding, that the fact that we cannot be like Christ is exactly why He had to die.

He was not JUST a teacher or an example. He was a sacrifice. A Savior. But you know this, you just reject it. It is your right, of course.
The only thing I flatly reject is hate. If you can't understand why anyone would minister to our modern day version of lepers I have to conclude that you have missed the point.

None of this is Christian. I don't know what it is. Not Christian.

It is a Political Action Committee masquerading as a religion?

I don't see so much politics in most religious bulletins.

The only thing I flatly reject is hate. If you can't understand why anyone would minister to our modern day version of lepers I have to conclude that you have missed the point.

Of course I understand it and Christians are commanded to do it. But that's not what defines a Christian.

ometime last year, the Kansas City Star had an article about this church opening its doors for the homeless. The church had removed their wooden pews and replaced them with unattached chairs. These were moved aside and beds for those homeless and those in the cold were put in their place. This year, they expanded with a shelter in some building near the downtown area that will hold 100 beds.

I don’t know if you can call this church a Christian Church as their beliefs are unlike most Christian Churches. They believe God is within us and seldom do you hear them speak of Jesus. They don’t preach how we are all evil and in need of salvation from a person who they don’t believe was hung on a cross. Although this may be what they believe because they have a diverse congregation. Their worship services will have as many people of color as whites, a truly unusual occurrence among Christian Churches. They welcome all. they even invited me to publicize my book “JayWalkers Shouldn’t be Shot”, knowing I am an atheist. All religions are welcome and they just welcomed a lifelong convict into their church. They have a coat drive each year, give food out every month, and raise their own vegetables in raised beds on their property

They have a Facebook site at www.facebook.com/… and a website at unitysoutheastinkc.org. and I am sure they would appreciate any Chrismas Cheer you have to spread, Especially if you are like me and have a problem driving by vacant churches when homeless people are sheltering under the underpasses. We had a new church build a large building on a parking lot that would suffice for a Walmart. The location was next to an Interstate and within view, under the overpass, homeless camps existed. The week before the church opened its doors, the homeless were moved to a new home somewhere. I am sure that the church had something to do with the removal. Either they talked to the authorities or maybe, just maybe, they invited them into their new sanctuary.

Then I wonder “What do you call this Church? Is it Christian?”

God will speak to anyone who will listen ...
And Mankind will always do their best to bastardize everything it touches into meaning whatever Mankind wants it to.

If the people discussed in the OP are following their hearts and doing what they are compelled to do ...
In fellowship and stewardship under the guidance they receive from God ...
It doesn't matter how the heck you want to identify their organization or their efforts ... :thup:

What confession of faith do they state? Oh yeah, not a word about Jesus Christ.
Why is all this funny to you pknopp
I get that you don't like Christianity, but it DOES have certain articles of faith. You can't worship Allah and call yourself "Christian" You can't deny Christ and be Christian. You can't defy clear biblical commands and call yourself Christian. Do why do you laugh?

It's a Unitarian church. Just them offering shelter is enough to turn me off. They aren't Christians, they are self-righteous egotistists patting themselves on the back for "helping the less fortunate". I have known these disgusting slime creatures since I was a child and it was my misery they were increasing.

Why don't they do real good. Have an adoption day at the animal shelter. Pay all the fees and vet bills.

Really?

Yeah, really.

1671981963477.png

Falwell Jr. is a prominent evangelical. So? What of it? He is an activist, and served at president of a University? Of course he is political, he doesn't even pretend to be religious leader. And I believe he is resigned from his position.

Your what-about-ism falls flat. Your link is to a Politico article, not to a webpage of a church.

Do better.

Why is all this funny to you pknopp
I get that you don't like Christianity, but it DOES have certain articles of faith. You can't worship Allah and call yourself "Christian" You can't deny Christ and be Christian. You can't defy clear biblical commands and call yourself Christian. Do why do you laugh?

I posted a direct statement from the first page of their website speaking on Jesus and I get the reply I did so it wasn't worth an actual reply.

Yeah, really.

View attachment 741960

Falwell Jr. is a prominent evangelical. So? What of it? He is an activist, and served at president of a University? Of course he is political, he doesn't even pretend to be religious leader. His father is resigned.

Your what-about-ism falls flat. Your link is to a Politico article, not to a webpage of a church.

Do better.

He most certainly presented himself as a religious leader.

Of course I understand it and Christians are commanded to do it. But that's not what defines a Christian.
The example you set is what defines you as a Christian. When you actually walk the walk no one will ever ridicule your faith.

Forum List

Back