Zone1 What Do You Call This Church, Is It Christian?

It's a Unitarian church. Just them offering shelter is enough to turn me off. They aren't Christians, they are self-righteous egotistists patting themselves on the back for "helping the less fortunate". I have known these disgusting slime creatures since I was a child and it was my misery they were increasing.

Why don't they do real good. Have an adoption day at the animal shelter. Pay all the fees and vet bills.

Should no one help the less fortunate?

Or what should be done for them?

The example you set is what defines you as a Christian. When you actually walk the walk no one will ever ridicule your faith.

So how that translates here is: when you agree with all our political points. When you endorse all our pet projects. Yes?

And at any rate, your point fails spectacularly. Jesus Christ Himself lived a perfect life: healed the sick, visited the lonely, even raised the dead. And people mocked Him openly as He died.

So? You said he didn't.

Who knows.......he has decided to stay out of the spotlight. I have to think embarrassing your kids the way he did will do that to one.
I apologize. I don't want to get into it today. I don't need this. W/E. You win. I don't care. I really don't.

Nothing. When the pain of poverty gets intolerable the less fortunate will make a different decision.

And they will. They will elect those who institute a basic income for all. The less fortunate outnumber the rest.

Should no one help the less fortunate?

Or what should be done for them?
I’m pretty sure the Uni’s are getting government money to fund their charity

And paying themselves a living wage from the money

I’m pretty sure the Uni’s are getting government money to fund their charity

And paying themselves a living wage from the money

It used to be the argument that the church should provide help to the needy. I guess we are arguing against that now.

So how that translates here is: when you agree with all our political points. When you endorse all our pet projects. Yes?

And at any rate, your point fails spectacularly. Jesus Christ Himself lived a perfect life: healed the sick, visited the lonely, even raised the dead. And people mocked Him openly as He died.

Christians are despised for their hypocrisy and nothing else.

It used to be the argument that the church should provide help to the needy. I guess we are arguing against that now.
I thought Bush41 did a pretty stupid thing when he made it easier for churches to receive government funds

Libs used to demand separation of church and state

But here government money can be used to undermine Christian faith so the left is ok with it

I see the issue here. You see helping the needy as undermining the Christian faith.

If that works for you, well.........................

I see the issue here. You see helping the needy as undermining the Christian faith.

If that works for you, well.........................
Scratch a typical Christian charity collecting government money and you will find a lot of non Christian greed

The world hates the Church. Always has, always will.
That's because churches are a thing of men predominately concerned with social control. Worry less about clergymen and their institutions and more about how you represent the faith you feel compelled to defend.

That's because churches are a thing of men predominately concerned with social control. Worry less about clergymen and their institutions and more about how you represent the faith you feel compelled to defend.
"The Church" is for the Body of Christ -- the believers. It is for THEIR edification and spiritual growth, never designed to lure those hostile to God

Those organizations that try to appeal to the uncalled are not "The Church"

Forum List

Back