Zone1 What Do You Call This Church, Is It Christian?

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
ometime last year, the Kansas City Star had an article about this church opening its doors for the homeless. The church had removed their wooden pews and replaced them with unattached chairs. These were moved aside and beds for those homeless and those in the cold were put in their place. This year, they expanded with a shelter in some building near the downtown area that will hold 100 beds.

I don’t know if you can call this church a Christian Church as their beliefs are unlike most Christian Churches. They believe God is within us and seldom do you hear them speak of Jesus. They don’t preach how we are all evil and in need of salvation from a person who they don’t believe was hung on a cross. Although this may be what they believe because they have a diverse congregation. Their worship services will have as many people of color as whites, a truly unusual occurrence among Christian Churches. They welcome all. they even invited me to publicize my book “JayWalkers Shouldn’t be Shot”, knowing I am an atheist. All religions are welcome and they just welcomed a lifelong convict into their church. They have a coat drive each year, give food out every month, and raise their own vegetables in raised beds on their property

They have a Facebook site at www.facebook.com/… and a website at unitysoutheastinkc.org. and I am sure they would appreciate any Chrismas Cheer you have to spread, Especially if you are like me and have a problem driving by vacant churches when homeless people are sheltering under the underpasses. We had a new church build a large building on a parking lot that would suffice for a Walmart. The location was next to an Interstate and within view, under the overpass, homeless camps existed. The week before the church opened its doors, the homeless were moved to a new home somewhere. I am sure that the church had something to do with the removal. Either they talked to the authorities or maybe, just maybe, they invited them into their new sanctuary.

Then I wonder “What do you call this Church? Is it Christian?”

No, they aren't Christian. Christianity doesn't glorify sodomy as this organization does, and this Unity Church believes Almighty God put Adam and Eve into the Garden of Eden- not Adam and Steve.

I'm glad you are pleased with them- but they are hardly unique in their admiration of the homeless population. Groups like the Salvation Army have been helping the nation's bums for many generation as well as other missions that help winos get off the hooch and other good works, feeding them after preaching a sermon.

ometime last year, the Kansas City Star had an article about this church opening its doors for the homeless. The church had removed their wooden pews and replaced them with unattached chairs. These were moved aside and beds for those homeless and those in the cold were put in their place. This year, they expanded with a shelter in some building near the downtown area that will hold 100 beds.

I don’t know if you can call this church a Christian Church as their beliefs are unlike most Christian Churches. They believe God is within us and seldom do you hear them speak of Jesus. They don’t preach how we are all evil and in need of salvation from a person who they don’t believe was hung on a cross. Although this may be what they believe because they have a diverse congregation. Their worship services will have as many people of color as whites, a truly unusual occurrence among Christian Churches. They welcome all. they even invited me to publicize my book “JayWalkers Shouldn’t be Shot”, knowing I am an atheist. All religions are welcome and they just welcomed a lifelong convict into their church. They have a coat drive each year, give food out every month, and raise their own vegetables in raised beds on their property

They have a Facebook site at www.facebook.com/… and a website at unitysoutheastinkc.org. and I am sure they would appreciate any Chrismas Cheer you have to spread, Especially if you are like me and have a problem driving by vacant churches when homeless people are sheltering under the underpasses. We had a new church build a large building on a parking lot that would suffice for a Walmart. The location was next to an Interstate and within view, under the overpass, homeless camps existed. The week before the church opened its doors, the homeless were moved to a new home somewhere. I am sure that the church had something to do with the removal. Either they talked to the authorities or maybe, just maybe, they invited them into their new sanctuary.

They are doing good things but they are not saving souls. They claim "Christianity" but have nothing on their site about Jesus Christ. So no, they are not Christian.

They are doing good things but they are not saving souls. They claim "Christianity" but have nothing on their site about Jesus Christ. So no, they are not Christian.

Jesus said, “By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another”

Jesus said, “By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another”

For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.--Luke 9:26

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age."--Matthew 28:19-20

I don't see much love in this church for all the Little Trumpsters and homophobes out there- its like they want those folks to change instead of accepting them.

For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.--Luke 9:26

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age."--Matthew 28:19-20

From the front page of their website, all despite the claims of the OP.

"The vast majority of the people walking away from Christianity in America are not rejecting the person or works of Jesus. They are rejecting the faulty biblical interpretations that lead to bigotry, oppression and marginalization. This rejection is not unchristian. It is Christ like".

I don't see much love in this church for all the Little Trumpsters and homophobes out there- its like they want those folks to change instead of accepting them.

Interesting you would lump them together.

From the front page of their website, all despite the claims of the OP.

"The vast majority of the people walking away from Christianity in America are not rejecting the person or works of Jesus. They are rejecting the faulty biblical interpretations that lead to bigotry, oppression and marginalization. This rejection is not unchristian. It is Christ like".

None of this is Christian. I don't know what it is. Not Christian.

Seems they understand the true nature of Christianity

Seems they understand the true nature of Christianity

The true nature of Christianity is to accept and worship Jesus Christ as God's own Son.

I don't care what a troll has to say about that. Good on them for doing some good in the world, but they're not Christian. I don't believe they even claim to be.

The true nature of Christianity is to accept and worship Jesus Christ as God's own Son.

I don't care what a troll has to say about that. Good on them for doing some good in the world, but they're not Christian. I don't believe they even claim to be.

And yet, they are.

And yet, they are.

This Unity church marginalizes heterosexuals and little Trumpsters as the "other" deserving of disdain.

That certainly wouldn't want me to associate with them if I was in KC.

This Unity church marginalizes heterosexuals and little Trumpsters as the "other" deserving of disdain.

That certainly wouldn't want me to associate with them if I was in KC.

By your postings I can understand that.

And yet, they are.

What confession of faith do they state? Oh yeah, not a word about Jesus Christ.

When you lift up the downtrodden you practice true religion. Everything else is just mystical mumbo-jumbo.

When you lift up the downtrodden you practice true religion. Everything else is just mystical mumbo-jumbo.

True religion is not taking video's of your wife doing the pool boy while telling others how to live?

Forum List

Back