How do leftists respond when black Condoleezza Rice DEFENDS Confederate statues??

How do leftists respond to black Condoleezza Rice DEFENDING Confederate statues?? Leftist crackpots need to quit acting like we're living in 1935 Germany! The overreaction to a bunch of weirdos marching for a STATUE is INSANE!

See below:

Scrubbing Confederate history from the country’s fabric would be a monumental mistake, Condoleezza Rice said Monday.

The former Bush-era Secretary of State — now plugging her new book, “Democracy” — argued on “Fox and Friends” that tearing down statues honoring slave owners was merely “sanitizing” U.S. history.

“When you start wiping out your history, sanitizing your history to make you feel better, it’s a bad thing,” Rice said.

“Should we start taking their statues down and saying, ‘We’re embarrassed by you?’” he asked.

“I’m a firm believer in ‘keep your history before you.’ And so I don’t actually want to rename things that were named for slave owners,” Rice replied. “I want us to have to look at the names and recognize what they did, and be able to tell our kids what they did and for them to have a sense of their own history.”

Condoleezza Rice argues against removing slave owners’ statues

As much as I respect Condoleeza Rice- and I do- I disagree with her on that.

I get her point- but I disagree that no longer honoring the Confederacy is 'sanitizing history'- but at the same time- if a city wants to leave up its statues- its okay with me also.

I actually think its a local issue, for locals to decide.

Are they really trying to scrub the Confederates bid for Independence from History? Doesn't a City or a State government have the right to decide for themselves what to name a park or what monuments they choose to display to celebrate? I don't think these statues are being destroyed are they? They deserve to be moved to a museum or given to a private collection.

Forum List

Back