How do leftists respond when black Condoleezza Rice DEFENDS Confederate statues??

The question is, why would white supremacists from all over the country converge on Charlottesville to protest the removal of the statue of Robert E. Lee,

if they didn't feel some particular, important kinship to what the South represented at the time of secession?
why would white supremacists from all over the country converge on Charlottesville to protest the removal of the statue of Robert E. Lee,

Why would people from all over the country converge on Charlottesville converge to counter -protest?

Because they oppose the beliefs of the white supremacists and neo-Nazis,

duh. Which side are you on?

neither.

But, if they hadn't shown up to counter-protest, would there have been violence?

Did the protestors show up, and attack the innocent, unarmed, counter-protestors for no reason other than they were there?
20881892_732962346899767_4325743827589444304_n.jpg

Opposing hate groups does not mean you are a hate group. Quite the opposite.

my question re THE CONFEDERATE FLAG as a -----decoration or declaration. What does it declare and what does it celebrate?. Do persons who find chattel slavery abhorrent have a strong
desire to decorate their cars and tee shirts with the confederate flag? In studying a large cohort
of confederate flag fliers---------does one find something STATISTICALLY significant about the
social tendencies of that cohort?

How do leftists respond to black Condoleezza Rice DEFENDING Confederate statues?? Leftist crackpots need to quit acting like we're living in 1935 Germany! The overreaction to a bunch of weirdos marching for a STATUE is INSANE!

See below:

Scrubbing Confederate history from the country’s fabric would be a monumental mistake, Condoleezza Rice said Monday.

The former Bush-era Secretary of State — now plugging her new book, “Democracy” — argued on “Fox and Friends” that tearing down statues honoring slave owners was merely “sanitizing” U.S. history.

“When you start wiping out your history, sanitizing your history to make you feel better, it’s a bad thing,” Rice said.

“Should we start taking their statues down and saying, ‘We’re embarrassed by you?’” he asked.

“I’m a firm believer in ‘keep your history before you.’ And so I don’t actually want to rename things that were named for slave owners,” Rice replied. “I want us to have to look at the names and recognize what they did, and be able to tell our kids what they did and for them to have a sense of their own history.”

Condoleezza Rice argues against removing slave owners’ statues

she's entitled to her opinion.

on the other hand she's a republican so she really doesn't give a damn about how black people are treated.

That's not what Abraham Lincoln said. He said it was not about slavery, as I quoted a direct quote from Abraham Lincoln earlier in the thread.

And this is how we like to revise history. We take out all the context. He said it wasn't about slavery when he LIVED IN BETWEEN SLAVE STATES.

No SHIT he didn't want to make it a war on slavery on day 1. Had he done that, on day 2 he would have woken up in the middle of the Confederacy after declaring war on Delaware and Maryland and could have given his house up to Jefferson Davis that day, along with the presidency.

But we like to cross all those facts out don't we? Burn history wherever we can so we don't get context to what was said and can make it our own statement instead.

How do leftists respond to black Condoleezza Rice DEFENDING Confederate statues?? Leftist crackpots need to quit acting like we're living in 1935 Germany! The overreaction to a bunch of weirdos marching for a STATUE is INSANE!

See below:

Scrubbing Confederate history from the country’s fabric would be a monumental mistake, Condoleezza Rice said Monday.

The former Bush-era Secretary of State — now plugging her new book, “Democracy” — argued on “Fox and Friends” that tearing down statues honoring slave owners was merely “sanitizing” U.S. history.

“When you start wiping out your history, sanitizing your history to make you feel better, it’s a bad thing,” Rice said.

“Should we start taking their statues down and saying, ‘We’re embarrassed by you?’” he asked.

“I’m a firm believer in ‘keep your history before you.’ And so I don’t actually want to rename things that were named for slave owners,” Rice replied. “I want us to have to look at the names and recognize what they did, and be able to tell our kids what they did and for them to have a sense of their own history.”

on the other hand she's a republican so she really doesn't give a damn about how black people are treated.

She IS a black person. :lol:

my question re THE CONFEDERATE FLAG as a -----decoration or declaration. What does it declare and what does it celebrate?. Do persons who find chattel slavery abhorrent have a strong
desire to decorate their cars and tee shirts with the confederate flag? In studying a large cohort
of confederate flag fliers---------does one find something STATISTICALLY significant about the

when I was younger, it was viewed as a symbol of rebellion

See below:

does she care, as a republican, how Hispanics are treated? as a republican does
she care if bunny rabbits are used to test new cosmetics? -------does she support the
construction of aviaries

The question is, why would white supremacists from all over the country converge on Charlottesville to protest the removal of the statue of Robert E. Lee,

if they didn't feel some particular, important kinship to what the South represented at the time of secession?
why would white supremacists from all over the country converge on Charlottesville to protest the removal of the statue of Robert E. Lee,

Why would people from all over the country converge on Charlottesville converge to counter -protest?

neither.

But, if they hadn't shown up to counter-protest, would there have been violence?

Did the protestors show up, and attack the innocent, unarmed, counter-protestors for no reason other than they were there?

pretty much does when you bring clubs, etc to a protest

when I was younger, it was viewed as a symbol of rebellion

when I was a kid------I did not see it as a symbol of anything-------just something
from BACK THEN------like the flag that Betsey Ross did. ------It seems to have
BECOME a symbol ---------symbol of WHAT seems to me to be the issue-----for what
reason do those who like it or want it--------like it or want it

neither.

Timmy wasn't aware of that factoid....but Timmy goes through life unaware

I have the distinct impression that there is something wrong with people who
have swastika tattoos. ---------there may be something wrong or
DECLARATORY about people who decorate themselves or their environments
with the confederate flag

neither.

So if there is a pro Isis rally , and you go to counter protest . That makes your group an Isis terrorist group equivalent?

I'll gladly say it again so that you understand:

Do I feel superior than those who want to glorify the Confederacy? Yeah, I do

Causes Of The Civil War | HistoryNet

despite the desire to keep it simple, it was not just about slavery.

do i feel superior to those who want to practice racism and hold things like that against someone else? probably. but i'm not going to generisize events in history to 1 point and make mass condemnation on people based off how i put things together.
Did you read your own link? Literally every reason for the civil war has a link to slavery according to it. :booze:
which came out of state vs federal powers of which the south thought the north was putting ALL ON THEM to change and not listening to them or their concerns about anything.

slavery included.

again - you take out the reasons behind something and just go THIS BAD DUMMY!

if things were that simple in the end, we'd not argue as much as we do but our desire to be understood despite having stereotypes put in front of us like hurdles of things we never said.

Dress it up however you want, the civil war was about slavery. Your very own link demonstrates this.
part of it maybe. if you choose to hide the rest you don't like or don't prop up your agenda, great. your call but kinda stupid.

the north didn't care about the slaves at first, now did they? it was more about long standing political battles, who will get new lands as we expand west, states vs federal rights and powers, and the states that left later on, well it wasn't because of slavery then either.

lincoln quote:
As early as 1854 Abraham Lincoln stated that this was his own position. In a speech in Peoria, Illinois, Lincoln said, “Much as I hate slavery, I would consent to the extension of it rather than see the Union dissolved…”

so it wasn't about slavery if the north wasn't going to push that now could it be? musta had some other issues going on, huh? otherwise the north would say "keep 'em" and there never would have been a war.

these things could be taught and understood if we didn't have to take down the mean offensive statues.

The secessionists feared that Lincoln would be no more than a tool of the radical abolitionist Republicans in the North.

And btw, the Crittenden compromise was offered as a last ditch effort to avert secession, but was rejected largely because of the opposition to it by the radical Republicans.

neither.

So if there is a pro Isis rally , and you go to counter protest . That makes your group an Isis terrorist group equivalent?

Do you go armed?

If you do, you are no better than them.

neither.

The meme is about one protest, loony toon.

Go start a thread if you want to build straw men....good gawd you're a waste of space

Freaking snowflakes are annoying. For a hundred years these statues have been there and NOW they decide to wail.

Folks probably said the same about Slavery. Its been going for hundreds of years, why people want to stop it now?

Ahh shaddup. You have to be one of the most annoying left tards here.

You cannot just sanitize history because your tender little feelings are hurt. As a so called educator you of all should know this. You learn from history, not erase it

Explain to us what's being 'sanitized' about history by taking a statue off public property.
Not that I think you can follow it, but let Me ask you this.

Why do we have laws that forbid the display of cigarettes in convenience stores? I know you won't answer this, but I'm not sure if its because you're too stupid to make the connection or if you're ideology just blinds you to your bigotry.

What history is being sanitized? What does that even mean?

Forum List

Back