How do leftists respond when black Condoleezza Rice DEFENDS Confederate statues??

So because a black person says something, its the truth? So why y'all ignored Obama for 8 years? Lol

I will respond to Condi the same way I respond to a white person. Confederates were hateful traitors. They don't need celebrating. Germany removed their Nazi symbols. So why can't we?
It is an alternate opinion to a current controversy. Contrary to popular leftists beliefs not everyone has to think like you. And her color is relevant to the topic at hand.

How do leftists respond to black Condoleezza Rice DEFENDING Confederate statues?? Leftist crackpots need to quit acting like we're living in 1935 Germany! The overreaction to a bunch of weirdos marching for a STATUE is INSANE!

See below:

Scrubbing Confederate history from the country’s fabric would be a monumental mistake, Condoleezza Rice said Monday.

The former Bush-era Secretary of State — now plugging her new book, “Democracy” — argued on “Fox and Friends” that tearing down statues honoring slave owners was merely “sanitizing” U.S. history.

“When you start wiping out your history, sanitizing your history to make you feel better, it’s a bad thing,” Rice said.

“Should we start taking their statues down and saying, ‘We’re embarrassed by you?’” he asked.

“I’m a firm believer in ‘keep your history before you.’ And so I don’t actually want to rename things that were named for slave owners,” Rice replied. “I want us to have to look at the names and recognize what they did, and be able to tell our kids what they did and for them to have a sense of their own history.”

Condoleezza Rice argues against removing slave owners’ statues
They throw Oreo cookies at her and call her a house nigga. C'mon, that one was too easy.

Freaking snowflakes are annoying. For a hundred years these statues have been there and NOW they decide to wail.

Folks probably said the same about Slavery. Its been going for hundreds of years, why people want to stop it now?

Ahh shaddup. You have to be one of the most annoying left tards here.

You cannot just sanitize history because your tender little feelings are hurt. As a so called educator you of all should know this. You learn from history, not erase it

Explain to us what's being 'sanitized' about history by taking a statue off public property.
Not that I think you can follow it, but let Me ask you this.

Why do we have laws that forbid the display of cigarettes in convenience stores? I know you won't answer this, but I'm not sure if its because you're too stupid to make the connection or if you're ideology just blinds you to your bigotry.

What history is being sanitized? What does that even mean?

transitive verb. 1 : to make sanitary (as by cleaning or sterilizing) 2 : to make more acceptable by removing unpleasant or undesired features attempts to sanitize historical accounts.

Sort of like illegal immigrants labor is linked to Democratic strongholds economy today. They can no longer use Black Americans, thusly Hispanic illegals it is...
Do I feel superior than those who want to glorify the Confederacy? Yeah, I do.
no. you feel superior when you can pass a blanket judgement on people and put on a smug face as if that blanket fits all.

we both know it doesn't. i'm just not enough of a dumbass to do something like this and pretend it's relevant.

I'll gladly say it again so that you understand:

Do I feel superior than those who want to glorify the Confederacy? Yeah, I do

Causes Of The Civil War | HistoryNet

despite the desire to keep it simple, it was not just about slavery.

do i feel superior to those who want to practice racism and hold things like that against someone else? probably. but i'm not going to generisize events in history to 1 point and make mass condemnation on people based off how i put things together.

Did you read your own link? Literally every reason for the civil war has a link to slavery according to it. :booze:

slavery was linked to EVERYTHING IN THE COUNTRY-------because it was so important
to the ECONOMY. ----------cotton and wheat too. -----everything was linked to cotton
and wheat. ----------and the cowboys and the farmers who can never be friends----and the
shin bone is connected to the knee bone------

neither.

But, if they hadn't shown up to counter-protest, would there have been violence?

Did the protestors show up, and attack the innocent, unarmed, counter-protestors for no reason other than they were there?
20881892_732962346899767_4325743827589444304_n.jpg

Opposing hate groups does not mean you are a hate group. Quite the opposite.

pretty much does when you bring clubs, etc to a protest

Timmy wasn't aware of that factoid....but Timmy goes through life unaware

So if there is a pro Isis rally , and you go to counter protest . That makes your group an Isis terrorist group equivalent?

NO----that means that you are careless and likely to CONTRIBUTE to disorder and
even death. PROTEST-----elsewhere. Our cops have lots to do-------Our emergency
rooms are already busy. Do not JUMP INTO THE CONFLAGRATION

Folks probably said the same about Slavery. Its been going for hundreds of years, why people want to stop it now?

You cannot just sanitize history because your tender little feelings are hurt. As a so called educator you of all should know this. You learn from history, not erase it

Explain to us what's being 'sanitized' about history by taking a statue off public property.

Why do we have laws that forbid the display of cigarettes in convenience stores? I know you won't answer this, but I'm not sure if its because you're too stupid to make the connection or if you're ideology just blinds you to your bigotry.

transitive verb. 1 : to make sanitary (as by cleaning or sterilizing) 2 : to make more acceptable by removing unpleasant or undesired features attempts to sanitize historical accounts.

Is that a joke?

Freaking snowflakes are annoying. For a hundred years these statues have been there and NOW they decide to wail.

So you don't get it. I am not surprised.

So because a black person says something, its the truth? So why y'all ignored Obama for 8 years? Lol

I will respond to Condi the same way I respond to a white person. Confederates were hateful traitors. They don't need celebrating. Germany removed their Nazi symbols. So why can't we?
It is an alternate opinion to a current controversy. Contrary to popular leftists beliefs not everyone has to think like you. And her color is relevant to the topic at hand.

Who claimed that everyone has to think like the left? Only the person who created this thread did. The thread start ask how were people going to respond to condi. So I mentioned how she can be refuted.

Literally no where in in my post did I mention my view was the view that must be followed and believed.

The thread starter is delusion if he thinks Condi's skin color matters to the left. If Obama's views on race didn't sway right wingers, don't expect condi's views to sway left wingers.

So you don't get it. I am not surprised.

I get that you're arguing that you believe we shouldn't hide an abomination such as a statue of Robert E. Lee,

because somehow that is wrongly 'sanitizing' an ugly aspect of our history.

could someone make a list of the crimes and evil stuff committed by Robert E Lee?. Evil
stuff might include a scholarly treatise on why chattel slavery of blacks is "GOD'S PLAN"
for mankind. Evil stuff would be a declaration that the rape of a black woman by a white man
is legal. Evil stuff would be a call to "KILL THE ABOLITIONISTS----KILL ALL QUAKERS"

I'll gladly say it again so that you understand:

Do I feel superior than those who want to glorify the Confederacy? Yeah, I do

do i feel superior to those who want to practice racism and hold things like that against someone else? probably. but i'm not going to generisize events in history to 1 point and make mass condemnation on people based off how i put things together.
Did you read your own link? Literally every reason for the civil war has a link to slavery according to it. :booze:
which came out of state vs federal powers of which the south thought the north was putting ALL ON THEM to change and not listening to them or their concerns about anything.

slavery included.

again - you take out the reasons behind something and just go THIS BAD DUMMY!

if things were that simple in the end, we'd not argue as much as we do but our desire to be understood despite having stereotypes put in front of us like hurdles of things we never said.

Dress it up however you want, the civil war was about slavery. Your very own link demonstrates this.
part of it maybe. if you choose to hide the rest you don't like or don't prop up your agenda, great. your call but kinda stupid.

the north didn't care about the slaves at first, now did they? it was more about long standing political battles, who will get new lands as we expand west, states vs federal rights and powers, and the states that left later on, well it wasn't because of slavery then either.

lincoln quote:
As early as 1854 Abraham Lincoln stated that this was his own position. In a speech in Peoria, Illinois, Lincoln said, “Much as I hate slavery, I would consent to the extension of it rather than see the Union dissolved…”

so it wasn't about slavery if the north wasn't going to push that now could it be? musta had some other issues going on, huh? otherwise the north would say "keep 'em" and there never would have been a war.

these things could be taught and understood if we didn't have to take down the mean offensive statues.

They cared about the expansion of slavery. Which has everything to do with...wait for it...slavery. And the South's own reasoning for seceding from the Union was about...wait for it again...slavery!

which came out of state vs federal powers of which the south thought the north was putting ALL ON THEM to change and not listening to them or their concerns about anything.

slavery included.

if things were that simple in the end, we'd not argue as much as we do but our desire to be understood despite having stereotypes put in front of us like hurdles of things we never said.

Dress it up however you want, the civil war was about slavery. Your very own link demonstrates this.
part of it maybe. if you choose to hide the rest you don't like or don't prop up your agenda, great. your call but kinda stupid.

the north didn't care about the slaves at first, now did they? it was more about long standing political battles, who will get new lands as we expand west, states vs federal rights and powers, and the states that left later on, well it wasn't because of slavery then either.

lincoln quote:
As early as 1854 Abraham Lincoln stated that this was his own position. In a speech in Peoria, Illinois, Lincoln said, “Much as I hate slavery, I would consent to the extension of it rather than see the Union dissolved…”

so it wasn't about slavery if the north wasn't going to push that now could it be? musta had some other issues going on, huh? otherwise the north would say "keep 'em" and there never would have been a war.

these things could be taught and understood if we didn't have to take down the mean offensive statues.

They cared about the expansion of slavery. Which has everything to do with...wait for it...slavery. And the South's own reasoning for seceding from the Union was about...wait for it again...slavery!
so you're going to continue to just be a dick and not discuss, but slam.

moving on. have a wonderful day.

slavery included.

lincoln quote:

Your own link betrayed you, what else is there left but the mocking?

slavery included.

lincoln quote:

wow - you always have a flair for the dramatic asshole?

lincoln quote:

wow - you always have a flair for the dramatic asshole?

What's so dramatic about you posting a link that was supposed to prove the civil war had a lot to do with other things that don't involve slavery only to find out that your link was pretty clearly about slavery.

How do leftists respond to black Condoleezza Rice DEFENDING Confederate statues?? Leftist crackpots need to quit acting like we're living in 1935 Germany! The overreaction to a bunch of weirdos marching for a STATUE is INSANE!

See below:

Scrubbing Confederate history from the country’s fabric would be a monumental mistake, Condoleezza Rice said Monday.

The former Bush-era Secretary of State — now plugging her new book, “Democracy” — argued on “Fox and Friends” that tearing down statues honoring slave owners was merely “sanitizing” U.S. history.

“When you start wiping out your history, sanitizing your history to make you feel better, it’s a bad thing,” Rice said.

“Should we start taking their statues down and saying, ‘We’re embarrassed by you?’” he asked.

“I’m a firm believer in ‘keep your history before you.’ And so I don’t actually want to rename things that were named for slave owners,” Rice replied. “I want us to have to look at the names and recognize what they did, and be able to tell our kids what they did and for them to have a sense of their own history.”

Condoleezza Rice argues against removing slave owners’ statues
I agree. When are you and the Klan going to tell kids about our "history?"

Many, many men died in the Civil War, and the south (being the losing side) suffered a significant amount of casualties. They have every right to remember the Civil War, and their losses or wins as anyone else does. It was a tragic time in the US, and most of the soldiers who died fighting never even owned slaves. Only the RICH people owned slaves. Poor white people weren't respected anymore than slaves back then, really.

Many, many men died in the Civil War, and the south (being the losing side) suffered a significant amount of casualties. They have every right to remember the Civil War, and their losses or wins as anyone else does. It was a tragic time in the US, and most of the soldiers who died fighting never even owned slaves. Only the RICH people owned slaves. Poor white people weren't respected anymore than slaves back then, really.

Thomas Edison invented the light bulb--------the town in which he did his inventing
is now called EDISON NEW JERSEY ------he was also an anti semite on the level
of Henry Ford. I insist that Edison, New Jersey be nuked ----along with all
light bulbs and---motor cars. Thomas Jefferson committed adultery---he wrote the
Declaration of Independence. The USA should return to its status as a colony of
Great Britain. The REBEL FLAG must be destroyed

Oh I fully agree. 100000% with you on the desire to honor those that died who were not in the leadership that sent them to their deaths.

But as for honoring the political and military leaders who sent them to their death fighting against America. Fuck them. As for honoring those who had a choice and chose to lead the Confederacy. Fuck them
As for honoring those ideals that the confederacy stood for in the Civil war. Fuck that.

Thomas Edison invented the light bulb--------the town in which he did his inventing
is now called EDISON NEW JERSEY ------he was also an anti semite on the level
of Henry Ford. I insist that Edison, New Jersey be nuked ----along with all
light bulbs and---motor cars. Thomas Jefferson committed adultery---he wrote the
Declaration of Independence. The USA should return to its status as a colony of
Great Britain. The REBEL FLAG must be destroyed

So wait. You think that turning traitor to the US and fighting a war against US troops that sent ended the lives of 3-5% of America is the same as having a prejudice that you do nothing about?

Forum List

Back