How do leftists respond when black Condoleezza Rice DEFENDS Confederate statues??

The question is, why would white supremacists from all over the country converge on Charlottesville to protest the removal of the statue of Robert E. Lee,

if they didn't feel some particular, important kinship to what the South represented at the time of secession?

How do leftists respond to black Condoleezza Rice DEFENDING Confederate statues?? Leftist crackpots need to quit acting like we're living in 1935 Germany! The overreaction to a bunch of weirdos marching for a STATUE is INSANE!

See below:

Scrubbing Confederate history from the country’s fabric would be a monumental mistake, Condoleezza Rice said Monday.

The former Bush-era Secretary of State — now plugging her new book, “Democracy” — argued on “Fox and Friends” that tearing down statues honoring slave owners was merely “sanitizing” U.S. history.

“When you start wiping out your history, sanitizing your history to make you feel better, it’s a bad thing,” Rice said.

“Should we start taking their statues down and saying, ‘We’re embarrassed by you?’” he asked.

“I’m a firm believer in ‘keep your history before you.’ And so I don’t actually want to rename things that were named for slave owners,” Rice replied. “I want us to have to look at the names and recognize what they did, and be able to tell our kids what they did and for them to have a sense of their own history.”

Condoleezza Rice argues against removing slave owners’ statues
Most black people are against it. Most black people react by disagreeing with Rice. You thought your thread was a "gotcha". It wasn't.
no. he was just saying a black person thinks this is stupid.

many black people do. many black people want it gone. take black out and insert any race you like and you'll find the same sentences still for some reason work.

you think doing this shuts down the convo as your own "gotcha" but far from it. it just gets you removed from it cause we've moved past idiots.

or are at least "moving past"...

So because a black person says something, its the truth? So why y'all ignored Obama for 8 years? Lol

I will respond to Condi the same way I respond to a white person. Confederates were hateful traitors. They don't need celebrating. Germany removed their Nazi symbols. So why can't we?
Winner! If liberals suck for disagreeing with a conservative black woman, conservatives suck because they don't agree with Obama.

Freaking snowflakes are annoying. For a hundred years these statues have been there and NOW they decide to wail.

Folks probably said the same about Slavery. Its been going for hundreds of years, why people want to stop it now?

Ahh shaddup. You have to be one of the most annoying left tards here.

You cannot just sanitize history because your tender little feelings are hurt. As a so called educator you of all should know this. You learn from history, not erase it
his favorite game is to also associate EVERYTHING into 1 pre-defined and approved of HATE bucket.

NAZI - open for hate. end of discussion. no one defends nazi's.
The South - call them NAZIs and people won't argue cause they don't want to defend NAZI's!!!

that game is about over. it was overused the day they started kicking that bag of bullshit down the road and it's just as stupid now.

There is absolutely no comparison to the Confederates and the Nazis, attempting to link the two is asinine
and he knows this.

but the left loves to do it. no need to debate the million shades of gray between black and white. just call something a pre-approved hate stereotype and put a smug look on your face and pretend you are morally superior even though you know this is bullshit and ignores so much on the way.

most lazy for of "discussion" and i wish people would just stop responding to idiots to just tell them their idiots. it only gives them hope.

What shades of gray cast a favorable light on neo-Nazis?

How do leftists respond to black Condoleezza Rice DEFENDING Confederate statues?? Leftist crackpots need to quit acting like we're living in 1935 Germany! The overreaction to a bunch of weirdos marching for a STATUE is INSANE!

See below:

Scrubbing Confederate history from the country’s fabric would be a monumental mistake, Condoleezza Rice said Monday.

The former Bush-era Secretary of State — now plugging her new book, “Democracy” — argued on “Fox and Friends” that tearing down statues honoring slave owners was merely “sanitizing” U.S. history.

“When you start wiping out your history, sanitizing your history to make you feel better, it’s a bad thing,” Rice said.

“Should we start taking their statues down and saying, ‘We’re embarrassed by you?’” he asked.

“I’m a firm believer in ‘keep your history before you.’ And so I don’t actually want to rename things that were named for slave owners,” Rice replied. “I want us to have to look at the names and recognize what they did, and be able to tell our kids what they did and for them to have a sense of their own history.”

Condoleezza is way smarter than any liberals. I like and respect her a lot. If she would run for president, I would probably vote for her, a voice of sanity amongst a bunch of clowns.
she's just someone who commands a lot of respect by her intelligence and how she carries herself. i'd love to see her get more involved.

So because a black person says something, its the truth? So why y'all ignored Obama for 8 years? Lol

I will respond to Condi the same way I respond to a white person. Confederates were hateful traitors. They don't need celebrating. Germany removed their Nazi symbols. So why can't we?
Winner! If liberals suck for disagreeing with a conservative black woman, conservatives suck because they don't agree with Obama.
you suck for shit like this.

moving to ignore so the adults can have more time in here.

See below:

You folks have always glommed on to any token you can find, run tell Adam West. What ever happened to local control and the the feds butting out?

See below:

Condoleezza is way smarter than any liberals. I like and respect her a lot. If she would run for president, I would probably vote for her, a voice of sanity amongst a bunch of clowns.

Given that her single most notable achievement was her role in getting us into the disaster of Iraq, calling her smart is about as wrong as you can be.

See below:

I respect her, but if a city votes to remove the statues (not destroy them like alt-right liars keep saying)....that is their right. Let those alt-right rioters take the statues....put them in their own front yards. Or, they can go in museums.

Speaking of history,

maintaining white supremacy was a key motive in the South's secession. The ruling white class in the South had already foreseen the 'horror' of the 'negroes' having freedom,

and then equality, and then the right to vote...

Freaking snowflakes are annoying. For a hundred years these statues have been there and NOW they decide to wail.

Folks probably said the same about Slavery. Its been going for hundreds of years, why people want to stop it now?

You cannot just sanitize history because your tender little feelings are hurt. As a so called educator you of all should know this. You learn from history, not erase it
his favorite game is to also associate EVERYTHING into 1 pre-defined and approved of HATE bucket.

NAZI - open for hate. end of discussion. no one defends nazi's.
The South - call them NAZIs and people won't argue cause they don't want to defend NAZI's!!!

that game is about over. it was overused the day they started kicking that bag of bullshit down the road and it's just as stupid now.

There is absolutely no comparison to the Confederates and the Nazis, attempting to link the two is asinine
True...the NAZIs lasted twice as long...not as many Americans were killed fighting them...they were punished after the war while the con-federates ended up being glorified in the South by the intentional "Lost Cause" movement.

See below:

Most black people are against it. Most black people react by disagreeing with Rice. You thought your thread was a "gotcha". It wasn't.

many black people do. many black people want it gone. take black out and insert any race you like and you'll find the same sentences still for some reason work.

you think doing this shuts down the convo as your own "gotcha" but far from it. it just gets you removed from it cause we've moved past idiots.

Here is what you meant by " many vs. many":
"But more than three of four blacks see the Confederate flag as a racist symbol that should be taken down from public places. Just one in 10 say it's a representative of Southern heritage."
Poll: After Charleston, a nation divided on the Confederate flag

I just pwned you. Bitch.

See below:

"But more than three of four blacks see the Confederate flag as a racist symbol that should be taken down from public places. Just one in 10 say it's a representative of Southern heritage."
Poll: After Charleston, a nation divided on the Confederate flag

Polls told you Cankles would be POTUS. How'd that turn out?

Well, Abraham Lincoln did say this . . .

"My policy sought only to collect the Revenue (a 40 percent federal sales tax on imports to Southern States under the Morrill Tariff Act of 1861)." reads paragraph 5 of Lincoln's First Message to the U.S. Congress, penned July 4, 1861.

"I have no purpose, directly or in-directly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so," Lincoln said it his first inaugural on March 4 of the same year.

Love you too.

latest

Forum List

Back