How Did Jesus Have Patience With People?

Patience is something that needs to be exercised, like a muscle.
It's not easy at first. But with practice patience grows stronger.

Jesus knows that people are like little children. They aren't mature in their feelings and actions towards each other.
And he has compassion on us because he knows we are either growing and learning or lost.
He never gives up trying to reach us wherever we are. No matter how mean we are to him or each other.
That is called long-suffering. Because he suffers for us a long long time hoping that we will reach out to him and find him.
And he knows that once a person finds him, that person will be able to find love and peace and rest from all the troubles they carry with them.
And because he loves us so much, he has a lot of patience with us.
Just like a parent has patience with a child.
Or like you have patience with Jessie.

Love is the answer.

:)
HUGS

TPTB at the time are the ones that CHOSE which gospels would go in that bible. And back then, women were considered less than a horse. Hence, Mary's gospel was not included. Depending on which one was the author, that was the factor on who got in the "big book" and who didn't. Sorta like Twatter and Lame Stream Media on who chooses to report whatever story and silencing others.

Which is why I take the whole thing with a big grain of salt. I don't need a book to make me love God/Jesus. I do that on my own, while trudging along on my very alone path, which is exactly how I want it.
Your never alone Gracie
HUGS

Now you know how I feel. You're telling me he didn't swear because of what's in the Bible. Come on dude. We know the Bible doesn't say EVERYTHING.

You don't know he didn't swear, as much as you don't know when he took a shit.

Fine,.. believe what you want I don't care but now you're starting to get off topic.

Well, apparently this is about whether Jesus had patience with people, and it was YOU who brought up swearing.

The reality is I don't believe anything. You're the one telling me you BELIEVE he didn't swear and your "evidence" for that is so lacking.

I merely changed the word "swearing" to "shitting" and you think it's all of a sudden ridiculous.

The reality is the Bible is a political book, it was edited, changed, it's gone through 2000 years and many translations. It's not good evidence for much at all.
the original king james bible ws written in old english meaning you could not read that version today...todays king james is totally an interpretation

And they're still interpretations of interpretations. And even the original Bible was edited and changed and written by humans.

I haven't seen anyone say anything to you to piss you off. Unless you are in the FZ. I can't see in there.

Anyway....Jesus was perfect. He had patience.

When you came here, you were told how this place is. You need thick skin. And use the ignore function. And be careful where you go here.

None of you know how your fictitious God thought or dealt with people. Not one. The same as when you suggest you speak on behalf of God. Its a lie.

It's not good enough just to believe so you crank it up a bit Reflecting you have unique access to gods knowledge.
What a load of crap .
That aside, tber e is very little evidence Jesus ever existed. That was a common name them. And he certainly was not the son of another God or born of a virgin.
Yet you probably believed in a fantasy called Russian Collusion.
I did, and even moreso, still do....with the Manafort info released on him funneling Trump campaign strategies and internal polling, to the Russian interference operatives.
Manafort wasn't in the Trump campaign long enough to accuse Trump of everything Manafort did before he joined the team. I think they said the only reason he was brought in was to establish probable cause for the FBI.
Oh so true, Manafort was head deep in to Russians long before the Trump campaign gig.... I'm uncertain if Trump knew all that manafort and Gates were doing with his campaign info.
I think Trump wasn't aware of Manafort's background. He got an education on it pretty quick and got rid of him. My impression is Trump was like a force of nature.....and he was into so many things at the same time that things got by him. He tended to rely on others to make recommendations on people he hired. Often times he hired people and then gave them enough rope to hang themselves. He believed in giving people a chance....but he was quick to pull the plug on them. It's kindof strange that his spokesperson (Kellyanne Conway) was married to a NeverTrumper who helped create the Lincoln Project dedicated to getting rid of Trump.

The only thing trump was responsible for was his sociopath tendencies. He fired those people be abuse they wouldn't lick his butt and worship him.
Fauci was the only one who stood up to him because he couldn't sack him.
Trump is a narcissistic fascist tyrant no different to Mussolini if the constitution allowed.
at least he didnt carry note cards to remind him where he was and who he was like Obiden

If those requirements are how you judge a president, you know nothing but hate.
Why do you even bother replying?
It must hurt you that idiot trump got kicked out. That's because it was idiots like you who voted him in.

The OP should have probably been worded something like:
How do we learn to find patience with each other?

Because God is looking down at all us fools and just laughing at all the unrelated comments that have nothing to do with anything that really matters.
No one takes the time or effort to listen to the intention of the question posted.
Or maybe they just don't know. And they feel a need to fill up empty space with meaningless words that do nothing to answer the real questions.

No wonder our kids are so screwed up today. Is this how you listen to your kids when they say Mom what does this mean? or Dad how does this work? Is this how you listen to your brother or sister when they come home from school and ask you to help them with a problem?

We all need help in the area of patience. And making fun or mocking isn't helping.
And you don't care, you just don't care.
Sad state of affairs man is in. When they reach out sincerely looking for answers and all people can do is throw stones.
You get what you give.
And someday your going to have a serious question and ask for advice or help and people will just blow you off, make fun of you, or just throw stones at you and tell you to just go away, your an idiot.

Remember that day when it happenns to you, that it all comes back to this day, when I told you so.

When you get old and your memory is failing and you ask your kids for help.
They'll just say, go play in your room we don't have time to worrry about your questions or your needs.
And you'll wonder how they ever got to be so careless, so unloving.
And it will all come back on your own heads.

It's sad really. Specially in these days when so many are reaching out looking for answers and help to what it would take to make this world a better place for everyone.
Nobody listens, nobody cares.

What exactly is Patience? what does it look like? Have you ever seen it, used it, needed it, hoped for it.
And are you willing to give it?

That is the ultimate question. Are you willing to give others just a little of your patience?
If you have any at all to give.

Don't answer that question until you've rolled it around in your mind and tasted it on your tongue. And really given it a lot of thought.
Because I bet you'll find, many won't have an answer. Just more stones to throw.

Hugs

Wow:uhoh3:. Nobody has the answer to the OP because nobody can ever know. But I'll ask Him when I see Him. Howzat?
Gracie.. you crack me up lol

The point of the OP was to try to understand how to be patient with each other.
How could one person get humiliated and beaten and falsely accused by friends and neighbors and still find patience and not just toss in the towel and say the hell with it, I'm out of here. Your not worth it.

But everyone always finds a way to focus on the part that they can find a disagreement with, rather than try to find an answer to the heart of the matter.

Not everyone has a talent with wording things exactly what they mean to say.
It only takes a little time and effort to ask... what do you mean?
And then let them explain their question.

But everyones lives by rapid fire today.
Hit and run, fly by..

You could ask him today.. Howzat?

HUGS

TPTB at the time are the ones that CHOSE which gospels would go in that bible. And back then, women were considered less than a horse. Hence, Mary's gospel was not included. Depending on which one was the author, that was the factor on who got in the "big book" and who didn't. Sorta like Twatter and Lame Stream Media on who chooses to report whatever story and silencing others.

Which is why I take the whole thing with a big grain of salt. I don't need a book to make me love God/Jesus. I do that on my own, while trudging along on my very alone path, which is exactly how I want it.
Your never alone Gracie
HUGS
Sure I am. But I have company. Whatever path I happen to be on, Jesus is with me. I pass others from time to time and we chitchat, but then I keep plodding on, and they take another trail or I leave the one we met on, to continue on my way alone. Like I said..I prefer it that way.

All paths lead to the same source. Most just don't realize it. :)

Anyway....now that we all have been whacked on the hand...this thread should meander off as well. Or if not should..might mosey on.
It was an interesting discussion though. I'll give it that. Just no answers because none are possible.

Wow:uhoh3:. Nobody has the answer to the OP because nobody can ever know. But I'll ask Him when I see Him. Howzat?
Gracie.. you crack me up lol

The point of the OP was to try to understand how to be patient with each other.
How could one person get humiliated and beaten and falsely accused by friends and neighbors and still find patience and not just toss in the towel and say the hell with it, I'm out of here. Your not worth it.

But everyone always finds a way to focus on the part that they can find a disagreement with, rather than try to find an answer to the heart of the matter.

Not everyone has a talent with wording things exactly what they mean to say.
It only takes a little time and effort to ask... what do you mean?
And then let them explain their question.

But everyones lives by rapid fire today.
Hit and run, fly by..

You could ask him today.. Howzat?

HUGS
Patience comes from not suffering a fool. Isn't that in the book? And the only way to not suffer fools is to slap their sorry asses on iggie. :spinner:

In short...ya either have faith, or ya don't. Some don't believe. Some do. Point is...the question asked cannot be answered the way she posed it.

Yes, she gets upset. Cusses them out. Feels bad and is insecure in herself as to her Christianity. But that's being human. None of us are perfect. He doesn't expect us to be.

Your never alone Gracie
HUGS
Sure I am. But I have company. Whatever path I happen to be on, Jesus is with me. I pass others from time to time and we chitchat, but then I keep plodding on, and they take another trail or I leave the one we met on, to continue on my way alone. Like I said..I prefer it that way.

Anyway....now that we all have been whacked on the hand...this thread should meander off as well. Or if not should..might mosey on.
It was an interesting discussion though. I'll give it that. Just no answers because none are possible.
I really like that story called Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan.
Have you ever read it, or watched the movie on you tube?
There really is only one path. And we all stumble onto it somewhere in this life, if not, then perhaps the next time round.

Hugs

I'm asking this question because I don't and Ziggy already knows this. People really tend to piss me off (mostly on here) and then I lose control of my language. Any suggestions? Hopefully this doesn't count as flaming because I'm actually trying to gain better control of this and be a better Christian.

I just took 14 months off this place, self-imposed. That's how little patience I have...heh.

Jesus is perfect. I, clearly, am not. That's all.

Also...I read somewhere, where she said she saw a thread(s) where some people were making fun of other people and it was mean and nasty. The only place I can think of where that is a daily occurance, is the FZ. I told her not to go there. So now I wonder..is she LOOKING to find something to complain about?

Short story: Yes, they can be mean and nasty in there. I had no control over myself and went there to fight with them via words. It was making me feel nasty too, and I was no better giving tit for tat. So..I asked admin to ban me since I had no self control. I can't see in there. Don't want to see in there. I KNOW what happens in the FZ because I was part of it myself.
BUT...when the Paradise Fire hit and I lost everything, many of those folks donated to a gofundme that was set up by one of them. So..the lesson I learned was...they like what they do. They enjoy themselves. Not my cuppa tea, but what the hell? Who am I to tell them how to behave on MY terms?

So...if she is looking for a fight, she went to the right place. If she wants to NOT be unchristian...she needs to stay out of there cuz they do what they do. Period.

I know..that was off topic, but if I got the gist she was maybe looking for some trouble and found it, then others probably picked up on that as well.

In short...ya either have faith, or ya don't. Some don't believe. Some do. Point is...the question asked cannot be answered the way she posed it.

Yes, she gets upset. Cusses them out. Feels bad and is insecure in herself as to her Christianity. But that's being human. None of us are perfect. He doesn't expect us to be.
That's my point, if the question asked cannot be answered, then perhaps asking for clarity is better then mocking it.

He expects us to try and be better than we was before.
It's called maturity.
And no, we didn't start out perfect, no one has. Doesn't mean we should'nt strive to be a more perfect human.

(I was going to say more perfect "man" , but in todays lingo, that may have offended somebody somewhere)

Ah Gracie..
Your a blessing
Hugs

Your never alone Gracie
HUGS

I really like that story called Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan.
Have you ever read it, or watched the movie on you tube?
There really is only one path. And we all stumble onto it somewhere in this life, if not, then perhaps the next time round.

Hugs
Nope. Never heard of it. But its not rocket science, if you think about it. Allah, all these different denominations, different religions, etc...all are going to the same proverbial light. They just want to be right and everyone else wrong, going to the same place, lol.

Kinda like the guy that speeds by you only to beat ya to the red light. Duh.

Also...I read somewhere, where she said she saw a thread(s) where some people were making fun of other people and it was mean and nasty. The only place I can think of where that is a daily occurance, is the FZ. I told her not to go there. So now I wonder..is she LOOKING to find something to complain about?

Short story: Yes, they can be mean and nasty in there. I had no control over myself and went there to fight with them via words. It was making me feel nasty too, and I was no better giving tit for tat. So..I asked admin to ban me since I had no self control. I can't see in there. Don't want to see in there. I KNOW what happens in the FZ because I was part of it myself.
BUT...when the Paradise Fire hit and I lost everything, many of those folks donated to a gofundme that was set up by one of them. So..the lesson I learned was...they like what they do. They enjoy themselves. Not my cuppa tea, but what the hell? Who am I to tell them how to behave on MY terms?

So...if she is looking for a fight, she went to the right place. If she wants to NOT be unchristian...she needs to stay out of there cuz they do what they do. Period.

I know..that was off topic, but if I got the gist she was maybe looking for some trouble and found it, then others probably picked up on that as well.
I have a song for that :)

Religion forum is fodder. It never fails that an unbeliever HAS to come in and throw salt at everyone that does. The forum needs to be in Zone 1...along with Coffee Shop and more lightweight topics that are moderated often. Alas, although I have asked them to move it, they have declined.
So..gotta deal with the naysayers and that means having patience...or fight back, which she is now doing by starting the thread to begin with.

Fighting back will get her nowhere. Which is why I said to slap them on ignore and stay the hell out of the FZ.

Religion forum is fodder.
It's a good testing ground that's for sure.
You don't really know how far you've come until you been fully tested.
What better place than a Religion Forum left as fodder?

Hugs

Religion forum is fodder. It never fails that an unbeliever HAS to come in and throw salt at everyone that does. The forum needs to be in Zone 1...along with Coffee Shop and more lightweight topics that are moderated often. Alas, although I have asked them to move it, they have declined.
So..gotta deal with the naysayers and that means having patience...or fight back, which she is now doing by starting the thread to begin with.

Fighting back will get her nowhere. Which is why I said to slap them on ignore and stay the hell out of the FZ.

Avoiding conflict with the Faithless promotes Neglect in the Service of our Lord,
and cuts us off from the most significant opportunities for Grace.

God does not need us when things are peachy keen and running smoothly, and all seems right with our world.
It is in times of strife, and peril, and in painful relationships with each other, that His Light shines brightest.

Now you know how I feel. You're telling me he didn't swear because of what's in the Bible. Come on dude. We know the Bible doesn't say EVERYTHING.

You don't know he didn't swear, as much as you don't know when he took a shit.

Fine,.. believe what you want I don't care but now you're starting to get off topic.

Well, apparently this is about whether Jesus had patience with people, and it was YOU who brought up swearing.

The reality is I don't believe anything. You're the one telling me you BELIEVE he didn't swear and your "evidence" for that is so lacking.

I merely changed the word "swearing" to "shitting" and you think it's all of a sudden ridiculous.

The reality is the Bible is a political book, it was edited, changed, it's gone through 2000 years and many translations. It's not good evidence for much at all.
If to be real in the things of God the kind of evidence you apparently would require would indeed be lacking. God's truth is not impossible to find, but the pathway to it is definite and you are not on it... so your conclusion is understandable. You have your allotted time to do with as you will and as you can.

Problem is if you're born in a Christian country then "God's truth" is very different than if you're born in a Muslim country.

How weird's that?
God's Truth is as God is, unchangeable. People are changeable. God is looking at the hearts of people and working with those who are hungry and thirsty or sometimes using those to accomplish thing we may not want to hear about. What a person has access to where he dwell is weighed against what is available to that person and what he has done with it.

Mt 5:6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Lu 12:48But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
That which is available in a Muslim country would be different than what is available in the United States or in Haiti. God knows the differences better than any man. "Much is given... much is required"

God can measure those thing which is why Jesus says ,

Mt 7:1Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mt 7:2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

"God's Truth is as God is, unchangeable. "

Right, but then humans' interpretation of it is very changeable.
I certainly agree! A multitude of Christian denominations are one result of this. People sometimes are often looking for churches that suit their own [selfish] current beliefs and interests, whereas God, as I believe it, is looking for hearts that are truly seeking Him. God loves us but how many people really love Him as opposed to putting on a show. God knows the difference. God will help a person change if the person is really wanting to approach Him whatever the cost.

How selfish are we? Jesus, as man of flesh demonstrated a selfless ideal which alone is impossible for any man to manifest or to emulate.

Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. [Phil 2:3]

Forum List

Back